Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Butchered nerves for grafts? possible?  (Read 650 times)

wooks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Butchered nerves for grafts? possible?
« on: July 30, 2014, 11:04:02 am »

The title says it all, if a bit derp-aly. Is there a way to make a medical reaction that uses the butchery byproduct nerves to do nerve grafts on dwarfs?
In a game like Dwarf Fortress, going to the wiki being cheating is like saying bringing a parachute is cheating for skydiving.
"Has it been 4 days? Better check if my penis is still there again."

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Butchered nerves for grafts? possible?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 11:40:46 am »

Without DFHack? No.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 11:44:37 am »

I'd also like to point out that your dwarf succeeding at this should be about as possible as this forum learning to get along with elves
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 12:00:41 pm »

There is. It fully heals the dwarf though.

Make a custom materials template which is used by nerves. Give it a REACTION_CLASS:Y. Make a reaction that calls for NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE REACTION_CLASS:Y as reagent. It will now only accept items made of nerves, which is the butchery product.

The reaction transforms the worker (yes, the injured dwarf has to do the job, otherwise the game AI doesnt know who to target) for 1 tick (or how long you want it to take) into a "dwarf in surgery". An immobile dummy creature, just there to transform to for a little time. After that the dwarf transforms back into who he was before. Fully healed due to the transformation.

Done, nerve damage healed using nerves as reagent. If you want to get more fancy, you transform the worker into a "surgeon", who uses interactions to transform a nearby dwarf, then make a 1-tile buildings (OP table), which you need to build next to your injured dwarf in the hospital. Then the doctor can do a reaction that heals the dwarf next to him, although that might not have a 100% success rate, because he might move away a few tiles before doing the interaction. But its possible. He might target any other healthy dwarf next to him, so best to do it in the hospital only.

PS: Thats all without dfhack.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 01:25:04 pm »

Thats all without dfhack.
Assuming you accomplish the transformation by creating a cloud of "surgery vapor" - performing a custom reaction cannot trigger a syndrome or interaction directly.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 01:28:56 pm »

Right. I forgot that this would require AutoSyndrome. I am way too used to it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::