Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

I need some help modding dogs to become roaming murder factories.

(1/2) > >>

Dampe:
Got a community fortress I want to start up soon, and I need to have dogs be able to walk on two legs, carry weapons, and build dark fortresses, and generally just fuck shit up. I don't trust myself to do this in the raws without an idea of what I have to do. The dogs need to be intelligent, able to speak, and capable of opening doors, as well.

Coidzure Dreams:
So, what, you want them to be both wandering monsters spawning on all biomes as well as an entity of invaders like goblins already are?

dudlol:
Copy the goblin raws into another entity, but replace the goblins with dogs. That'll get you dog ambushes and snatchers and sieges (modify tags as desired to remove bits of that you don't like, and remove their weapons/Armour if you want them to be more... doglike).

As far as a murder creature goes, remove pet and creature domestic and all the happy flower time tags from them, make them biome all (if they aren't already) and add stuff like building destroyer and likes fighting (and whichever tag makes them become enraged).

Aaaaaand, fail, sorry. Copy goblin raws to dog raws, change all the appearance fluff back to dog stuff (including size, body parts, coloration and all that) and bing, roaming dogs that murder everyone. Add [ANY_LAND] so they roam everywhere and merc everyone. Following this, possibly create a duplicate dog raw with a different name, remove it's biome tag, and duplicate the goblin entity raws but replace all the references to goblins to the second set of dogs. That should, in theory, result in dogs just roaming around messing stuff up (and showing up at your fort as regular animals that just want to murder you if you come near them) and also organized groups of dogs creating fortresses and actually ambushing and sending sieges. Bonus points for if the dog civilization dies they will still show up at your fort and ruin your day.

i2amroy:
You'll also need to add the [INTELLIGENT] token to dogs, as well as alter their body tokens so that they have [GRASP] parts and whatnot.

Arcvasti:
If this is for the new version, [NO_FEAR] is pretty crucial for making sure they don't run anyway from everything. [NO_PAIN] never hurts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version