Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I am a Lord... Now what?  (Read 16173 times)

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I am a Lord... Now what?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2014, 11:30:29 pm »

Conquer the world, especially the elves damn dirty hippies.

Gindew

• Bay Watcher
  • kissykins.weebly.com
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 11:05:53 am »

I messaged Toady and he said "It isn't a game with stuff like that yet."

Anyways, i used the Playable Armok Mod and burnt the Town to dust as punishment for giving me a useless title... problem sorted.
------------Dwarf Fortress = Life ------------------
My Blog --> kissykins.weebly.com
YouTube --> youtube.com/user/redgindew
-------------------------------------------------------

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 01:12:28 pm »

I once declared myself the owner of a human keep, killed two guards, and beat up the old lord without killing him. That was the only time ever I have successfully ordered an enemy to yield, and when he limped away I got the message of controlling the site now.

As my first lordly acts of lording, I went around the keep telling everyone there about what had happened. Surprisingly, the lords consort was the only person with positive attitude to the change of leadership. Of the remaining people, a human thought it was inevitable, and a dwarf didn't care either way.

When I got back upstairs, I found that the disposed lord had returned to the main room, apparently having decided it was his land again while I was downstairs. I told him about my takeover (in case he had forgotten) and declared my new takeover of the same site. He said it must be stopped at all cost and spat at me, so I kicked him in the groin and told him to yield again. He refused so I kicked him again, at which point the combat turned deadly and my follower/heartperson (who apparently didn't keep my claim safe while I went downstairs) attacked the lord, so we killed him and I got my keep back.

According to legends mode, my retired adventurer just wandered back into the wilderness as soon as I let her be, but it was still a funny little misadventure. Nice work Toady, I'm looking forward to the ability to keep sites, even if it's only for boasting rights.

Noel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2016, 07:24:00 pm »

Bump.

Is this still the case?

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2016, 08:55:29 pm »

I'm not entirely sure, but I have claimed the sight that I built.  Then when I went to a neighbouring town, I was able to ask people there to become my hearthspeople (everyone I tried refused because they were already a guard, etc)...  I got killed quite soon after that and haven't had a chance to try it again.

bleekmiddel

• Bay Watcher
  • who are you gonna call? DWARF FORTRESS!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2016, 04:58:58 am »

Nice necro bro  :P
Pages: 1 [2]