Poll

[Insert new poll shenanigans here later]

When there is a poll again.
- 0 (0%)
Or maybe when there isn't.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39

Author Topic: Crystalline - Cycle 84  (Read 76303 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Crystalline - Cycle 84
« on: July 30, 2014, 05:13:29 pm »

A massive crashing sound wakes you up. A flash of light and noise strikes you afterwards, and occasionally a thunderous noise shakes the area. You feel intact, highly energized (quite overly energized for what appears to be a hole in a planet's surface, infact) and yet...off. Something that was there is no longer there. The thunderous noises continues to happen above your landing place, but otherwise all is still.

...After some length of time, you've entirely woken up from what seems to have been a state of stasis. The missing part was your old connection to the Prime Crystal, which is troubling, because it means you were detached at somepoint in the past. The only material you can detect around you is rather useless at first, but after closer examination is not completely inert. So while not difficult to convert to protect yourself from this new planet, it will be will also be terrible crystal without significant adjustment and energy costs. Not the best of locations, but its a start.

This is a suggestion game with pictures about a crystal that has crashed into a planet, separated from what it used to be a part of. Perhaps later you will gain more abilities, but right now you are in a hole in a field, in the middle of a massive storm, with nothing but your core crystal and too much energy. Do you want to attempt to extract yourself from the hole, or convert some of the material around you and go further into the ground?

Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map legend (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Starting Crystal forms (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 03:19:58 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: Crystalline - Cycle 0
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 05:27:56 pm »

Is this by any chance inspired by my old game? (which has sadly lost most of its images...)

I vote for converting as much into LQ (Low Quality Crystal) as we can. Perhaps towards the surface?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 05:28:14 pm »

Fully assimilate all dirt in view.  3200 energy
Create 3 storage crystals right above our core: 600 energy
Create 4 refined crystals: 1300 (400 for the first, then 300)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 05:33:06 pm »

Is this by any chance inspired by my old game? (which has sadly lost most of its images...)

I vote for converting as much into LQ (Low Quality Crystal) as we can. Perhaps towards the surface?
Yes it is. (along with some poking by twi to actually run a game again, hehe)
I was wondering if you'd show up :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 05:36:40 pm »

+1
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 07:38:39 pm »

+1
+1

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 07:43:56 pm »

+1
+1

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 07:44:38 pm »

+1
+1
THANKS FOR IGNORING ME. ASSHOLE.

EDIT: OK.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 07:54:01 pm by Alev »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 07:52:52 pm »

+1
+1
THANKS FOR IGNORING ME. ASSHOLE.
Sorry. I opened the thread before you posted and it didn't give me the warning.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 08:28:34 pm »

+1
+1
+1
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Crystalline - Cycle 1
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 08:31:08 pm »

I probably should've seen that coming, but oops :) So, a bit of time manipulation for the sake of not having an absurd cycle amount and only 5 posts:
On cycles that involve major crystal fabrication there are 10 subcycles, not four, and a cycle ends when either we are out of energy, or out of fabrication commands if it was more than 10 crystals.  For cycles without major crystal fabrication, unless required or noted otherwise, all actions fit into one subcycle each.

Cycle 1

Quote from:  All the replies
Fully assimilate all dirt in view.
Seeing no point in attempting to jump out of the hole, you get right to work rebuilding what has been lost. First of all, you pulse the energy upwards, fabricating a trio of storage crystals for later. After that you immediately dump about a third of all the remaining energy, pouring it into all the nearby material and straining yourself to the limit to focus so much into usable crystals, but avoiding breaching the surface quite yet. Once you've done that, you can see more material, so you continue growing until you reach what was formerly as far as you knew existed, and stop there to collect your thoughts. Once you've done so, you know two new things:
1. There is better material below your new crystals.
2. There is also holes below you.

These things in mind and some energy leftover, you decide to continue expansion slightly. Pouring more energy into the solid materials below you, you forge properly solid crystals out of a few chunks of the better material, and find more of the holes.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map legend (click to show/hide)

You guys built an entire quote pyramid while I made the picture and had some food, :P
Any suggestions on crystal colors or comments about thinking I missed some vision somewhere are fine.
Edit: mechanics spoiler in the OP updated.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 08:36:45 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 08:38:06 pm »

I think storage crystals should be Red with a blue "S", since they have the potential to explode.

Also, Expand in width, so we don't collapse into the void if we expand downwards later.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 08:41:49 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 08:43:12 pm »

I think storage crystals should be Red with a blue "S", since they have the potential to explode.
This is true, but if we get to that kind of energy accumulation without something to do with it, its not so much where it'll explode as much as it is when. ;)
The core stores energy as well, they aren't the only potential target of major problems.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 08:45:20 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2014, 08:50:47 pm »

Poke into the hole and see what's up, otherwise continue the grand expansion of sideways.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39