Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [SPOILER] Vault = dead end, completely empty?  (Read 1261 times)

Celarious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[SPOILER] Vault = dead end, completely empty?
« on: July 30, 2014, 06:28:57 pm »

I've recently been exploring through a Vault, the only one in this world, and it's a pretty complex structure. With many staircases and levers, I eventually managed to explore the whole thing. On the bottom floor of the Vault, there were two giant rooms, directly adjacent and similar to each other, one which contained a lever, and the other one being at the end of a long trek through the Vault, which contains literally nothing. While sneaking through the vault, I encountered 0 enemies and other people, and I also did not notice anything strange like prisoners or blood anywhere. There is nothing at the final large room on the bottom floor of the vault, it is completely empty, and all of the other corridors and rooms are basically empty but with a door or a lever or two. And yes, I've pulled every lever in the Vault and have explored EVERY room.

Am I missing something or are vaults supposed to be empty? Legends Viewer states this one is populated but I've so far found nothing inside it.

99Hedgehog

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:USE_TILESET: UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
Re: [SPOILER] Vault = dead end, completely empty?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 06:36:02 pm »

That is extremely odd. The vault should be inhabited by extremely tough Angels and you should be dead.
[under a terrifying biome]
"Can you describe what the surface is like?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

Celarious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 06:41:26 pm »

That is extremely odd. The vault should be inhabited by extremely tough Angels and you should be dead.

I did actually find one, called an "Attendant of Fortresses". He didn't see me and was just staring at a wall, and when I tried to attack it from behind, I got a message asking me to confirm that I wanted to attack it and that it was Tame, and then I slashed at its neck with my two-handed iron sword and instantly struck it down (I was sneaking). It dropped some weird clothes but other than that, nothing else spawned and that was the only thing in the Vault.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 07:21:41 pm »

Might be related to this bug http://bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=7514, where vaults are emptied out of angels as soon as you enter and re-enter.