Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Elysium - A World of A Thousand Gods (Chapter I)  (Read 14875 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Elysium - A World of A Thousand Gods (Chapter I)
« on: July 31, 2014, 09:01:18 am »

:::ELYSIUM:::
-The Battleground of A Thousand Gods-

The Gods of Elysium rule their strongholds and towers across the vast red plains of their world, ever-squabbling and fighting among themselves. To those they serve, they are divine, possessed of impossible power - to a more advanced eye, they are simply a breed of transhuman, their power maintained by powerful technology. In the end, it is the same. These gods command sworn armies and champions to go across the land, battling eachother and protecting the peasantry from the dangers of the land when they bother. Gene-grafted champions, vat-grown and blindly loyal, sacrifice and dedicate their acts to their patrons for further favors and rewards. Servants gifted with divine technology roam the land doing their bidding. Great machine- and flesh-beasts and monsters are unleashed by intention or accident. Entire villages may be slaughtered in dedication to a patron god; great heroics performed in their honor.

Lately, others have taken an interest in this strange world. It is evident truth Elysium is the center of the universe, the only home of mankind and other races - but it appears there may be further universes. The barriers of reality are weakening; some whisper of an Abomination, a devourer of worlds... but that is all far away. Still, it is clear the people of other worlds are coming to Elysium, with their own plots and machinations that may threaten the power of the gods.

A shaky alliance of divinities has called together their champions and servants to fulfill their will. They are to be sent out, gifted with a mighty Myrmidon to carry them, to fight, investigate and honor the gods wherever they go.

The red wastes are dangerous, especially now, and the gods make poor allies for eachother - it is only natural they should aim to accomplish their own, private goals in secret as well. Should these champions serve them well, they will be rewarded; but they may just as well soon be bones and dust to be swallowed up by the earth.

---

Spoiler: The System (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Combat Actions (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: Example Champion (click to show/hide)

Player List
1. Warbreaker Kazren, Champion of Rennahn (Draignean)
2. The Everchild, Champion of Basius (Yoink)
3. Fenrik, Champion of Nilvath (adwarf)
4. Dust, Champion of The Weaver (IronyOwl)
5. Arlia the Shaman, Champion of Aeraimua (Samarkand)

Waitlist
1. Malbjorn of Hal'grath (Cheesecake)
2. Plasma Electra Lazzara of Colossal Hugh Jay-Jay (Harry Baldman)
3. Harkus Wildblood of Gartuk (VinnietheDead)
4. Ahlona of Coula (wolfchild)
5. Akkar Gustemica of Orolo (The Ensorceler)
6. Orion of Ophiuchus (Salsacookies)
7. Sindis Yager of Jenshin (BlitzDungeoneer)

---

I'll be taking 5 players. Quality comes over speed, this isn't first-come first-serve. Length of apps can be much longer than the example.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 09:50:18 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Elysium - A World of A Thousand Gods (Sign-ups!)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 09:35:29 am »

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 12:13:12 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 09:41:04 am »

I'm tempted to make a character for this, but lately I've been sucked into Garry's Mod, and I'd probably just delay the game. Still, PTW.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 09:44:24 am »

Spoiler: Orion (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 12:36:17 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 10:10:32 am »

Reserve, will try to think of adequate background for this.

A bit late, will apply sheet in a day or two to go on a waitlist.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 05:21:15 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 10:28:36 am »

Spoiler: Fenrik (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 11:00:18 pm by adwarf »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 10:29:46 am »

Reserving, so that my app can be on the front page and thus special.

Spoiler: Sheet. (Finished?) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 08:06:17 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 10:32:43 am »

Spoiler: Character Sheet! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 03:54:01 am by Harry Baldman »

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 10:41:15 am »

Reserving because the reasons.
Spoiler: WIP (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 10:53:38 pm by Samarkand »
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 12:30:01 pm »

Le ptw. Not reserving because then I would have to write more than a paragraph.

VinnieTheDead

• Bay Watcher
  • i ain't worried bout nothin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 01:26:14 pm »

Name: Harkus Wildblood

Gender: Male, probably- But none have dared to get close enough to check.

Description: A grizzly raised-by-wolves sort of fellow. His booming voice is only outmatched by his monstrous physique- and even that is overlooked by those that are drawn to his piercing, serious eyes. Scars adorn his body, either garnered from battle or his time in the wild. Those who have had the seldom experience of meeting the man have sworn that his voice travels not from his body, but from plains beyond. Those who have looked upon him say it is as if he is but a vehicle for some powerful spirit or demon. Wearing armor and clothing that would suggest it was made only from the world around him, truly the claims of the Wildblood being raised by wolves could be genuine. Some say when he bellows like a wild beast he's channeling the energies of the wild around him and within him, making him stronger than any warrior, able to snap trees with not but his hands.

Background: Those who know of the story of the wild man tell it long and well, with only part make-believe. The tale goes something like this, rhyming aside. Once, there was a seed of a strong oak tree, the tallest in the land. But from the ground emerged not a tree- But a boy. The boy grew quicker than any mortal, three- perhaps even four fold! In but days he walked on his own, picking berries only the gods and foragers could know were safe and juicy. In weeks, he grew to a boy with the build of a strong man- chasing animals and trapping the small creatures of the forest. The townsfolk that saw him said he would grow as fast as you could see him, by the second he rose ever taller and thicker. One day, the townsfolk lost sight of the boy in the woods.

There were rumors the sky light up the night he had gone, and t'was not a storm, but the god of the wild reclaiming his lost boy. Since that day, when the wolves howl in the night, the town stakes their life that the boy howls with them, bellowing and booming across the land with his mighty voice. They say bandits and the scourge of evil never taint that town, because the boy lingers in the woods like a spirit, and those who catch sight of him never speak of it.

Others say that it's not the boy in the woods- But the god of the wild thanking them for allowing him to stay. Some say that boy that grew from a tree wanders the lands as a protector of the wild and a destroyer of the foul. Living in a cabin in the woods, just outside of a grand city. But none have dared- not even rowdy children- to risk disturbing him if he lay there.

Patron Name: Gartuk, Lord of Beasts and the Wild

Patron Description: Gartuk takes the form of a massive chimera-like beast with the head of a lion. A great golden fur adorns him, and it gleams brighter than the dawn of a new day. The Lord of Beasts sometimes prefers less heroic and grand forms when appearing to champions or others, taking the form of a bear or a great eagle, or even a man. A temperamental and powerful god, he demands that his followers protect his kingdom of the wild and channel his divine fury through them, slaying those that would oppose him and the balance of the world with furious rage and divine wrath. Gartuk holds control over the beasts of all of Elysium, and even the trees and vines of the wild do his bidding.

Gartuk's stronghold is one of many furs and woods, adorned with teeth and overgrown with vines and many great plants of the world. His throne is that of vines entwined and covered in the fur of great beasts, and scales of great reptiles and feathers of beasts that fly, with daunting horns atop the throne, making the entire monstrosity look as if it were the head of a legendary creature.
Quote from: Broteam
anything that's not shootin at what i'm shootin at becomes what i'm shootin at

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 02:21:19 pm »

Shoehorning application onto the front page, making it now.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

!!WIP!!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 11:20:18 am by The Ensorceler »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2014, 06:25:28 pm »

Name: Malbjorn

Description: Malbjorn's true shape has long since been lost, even to himself. He constantly shifts and twists into new shapes he deems necessary or interesting, ranging from rodents to monsters like ogres and trolls. The shifting process, according to him, is quite painful, yet he's grown use to it over the years. When he travels, he prefers the look of a nondescript vagabond, endlessly wandering the wastes, fully cloaked and masked. His form changes to suit his needs or his whims in combat.

Malbjorn's mind is as fickle as his body, changing moods rapidly and violently, often without warning. He is a trickster, conning men and women, beasts and monsters, and sometimes even the other gods if it pleases him. The only one who cannot be deceived by him is Hal'grath, his patron. Malbjorn has earned himself a reputation for his cunning ways. Few claim to have seen him, yet many probably have, without realizing it.

Background: His tale of origin has been lost along with his true form. The only one who knows both is Hal'grath, who selfishly keeps them hidden to retain control over Malbjorn. Malbjorn only knows of his past what he remembers. He knew he was unnatural, grown from the vast laboratories in Elysium, raised by the pseudo-divine beings that dwelt there. He was designed and raised by Hal'grath, as a weapon and as a form of entertainment.

His "childhood" were a series of tests and experiments, all testing the limits of his shifting capabilities. For years he had lived in the sacred laboratories of Elysium, and every day, every year, his body, along with his mind, changed. He was deemed worthy of Hal'grath when he reached the point of shifting as much as he can, whenever he wanted to. He was then commanded to live with every man, beast and monster, to know how they act and how they behave. For even more of his life he has lived with humans and animals and vicious beasts and horrid monsters.

Patron Name: Hal'grath the Changer

Patron Description: Hal'grath, like Malbjorn, prefers no one form, changing constantly into various impossible shapes and colors, all for the sake of pleasing himself. He is an incredibly fickle god, uncaring to what befalls his followers if they no longer entertain him. His fortress, the Falling Tower, is a series of disconnected sections that constantly move and reattach themselves to other parts of the Tower. Each day every room is changed, its previous purpose wholly changed. The only constant in the Tower are the servants, who have to adapt everyday to the changing tower.

Hal'grath is infamous for toying with the mortal races, sparking wars and such, yet he can also persuade them into alliances. On a smaller scale he can impersonate a loved one and hurt the feelings of the other, completely unaware that their loved one is Hal'grath in disguise. Hal'grath is a childish god, and plays pranks on the other gods, which can lead to nasty fighting and even wars.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 06:59:06 pm by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2014, 10:54:55 pm »

Reserving because the reasons.
Spoiler: WIP (click to show/hide)
Sheet is less a WIP now. Does this fit into your lore well, or is there something I need to change? Also, does it look complete to you or are there details you need that I have glossed over?
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 02:20:38 am »

Yhea, I'm not too imaginative, but it seems like an amazing idea so I'll just be posting to watch in anticipation.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17