Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Elysium - A World of A Thousand Gods (Chapter I)  (Read 14876 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elysium - A World of A Thousand Gods (Sign-ups!)
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 02:46:48 am »

I'll just claim this second page first post for my own purposes. I'll respond to questions soon; all apps have been good so far (it'll be difficult to make my choices, I think), and there's still time making them.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 03:52:14 am »

Sheet done! Does it seem acceptable?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 04:34:53 am »

Sheet done! Does it seem acceptable?

It does indeed. If you're a choice, I can think of interesting applications for mod slots within your in-body weapons and self-upgrading - though you might find your plasma cannons and whatnot might not be 100% reliable or to be used in every single scrap.

@Samarkand: Looks good to me. As above, your weapons/abilities should be interesting to make.

@Salsacookies: A minor nitpick, but shorts, hoodie and sneakers are not clothing ever seen on Elysium. Those were things of the far-away past to the gods even before they found their way to Elysium and godhood; though of course, similar clothes might be created again. Still, it's a bit of an anachronism.

Otherwise, I see nothing wrong in any of the apps. You've got some fantastically imaginative descriptions and ideas, I have to say. Very promising. I'm gonna wait for people to finish their in-progress apps and see if more come in, then make my choices.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 05:07:42 am »

Well, of course they wouldn't be reliable. Her very first experience involved her falling six stories to the ground. We have to have realistic expectations, after all.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 05:45:44 am »

I had a lot of trouble with the Patron description, since I was trying not to fall asleep whilst writing it. :P
Took me ages but I think I got most of my ideas across, albeit in a very wordy, unwieldy fashion. Would you believe it was even more rambly before I decided to re-do a lot of it? >.> I had thought of adding more weapons and gadgets to the character, as well, but I decided against that.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 05:54:48 am »

Spoiler: Dust (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2014, 07:09:46 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That felt like some work,  I actually did the patron first, which inspired the character.

Even if you don't pick me, please tell me what you think please
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 07:15:45 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2014, 12:13:57 pm »

Finally finshed my sheet. Tell me what you think, eh GM?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2014, 07:59:53 pm »

Spoiler: Warbreaker Kazren (click to show/hide)

Well, that was fun to write, if nothing else.

EDIT: I had considered giving him the ability to channel some amount of stunning energy from his bio-alloys into his melee attacks, but I can't decide whether that's too much or not.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 01:34:26 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2014, 04:58:22 am »

@wolfchild: It looks good to me. Your char's appearance is nicely detailed, imaginative (and your weapon combo would be interesting to do mechanically). I love gods of transitions, borders, crossroads etc., and Coula's a pretty classic changing god - I like. The stronghold seems like it'd be delicious to host a battle in, at some point...

@Blitz: It's fine! Y'all have given me a nice amount of wildly different appearances and origins.

But, not to waste anymore time - I HAVE CHOSEN. In no particular order:

Warbreaker Kazren of Draignean!
The Everchild of Yoink!
Fenrik of adwarf!
Dust of Irony!
Arlia of Samarkand!

The rest were still good, but have to hope for speedy and grisly deaths for this lost. Onto the waitlist they go. I'm going to start on the first turn; shouldn't be too long.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2014, 06:33:39 am »

+++Chapter I+++

The great sun of Elysium rises.

Dawn marks only another hour of the meeting of the gods. The five divines have been locked in the dome hall of the ruined fortress through the night; arguing, debating, fighting - outside, no-one knows. Those gathered here, followers, champions, servants all in their camps, may wonder what it would be like to be a fly on the wall of that council. Others are happy in unquestioning service; if they need to know something, they will. Their camps - four for five gods, one of them forgotten - surround the black, ruined fortress, each set apart from the others. Suspicion abounds; only a word from their masters, and battle would break out. The wind whips dust through their silent ranks, an endless howl of the wasteland.

Inside the walls of the fortress, five champions wait to be summoned. They are far from their strongholds - this is is an abandoned place, a neutral ground. It is still an uncommon leap of faith for any god to meet another so far from their place of power, let alone four others. Trust is the rarest commodity of all on Elysium.

There is silence in the waiting chamber for the champions. Occasionally, it is broken by a raised, divine voice from the adjoining room, sometimes the crackle of energy or a flash of light. Still they wait. To enter now would be to go against divine orders of the highest degree.

And then, without any warning, silence falls in the meeting room. With a low tremor, the ancient doors draw open. The champions rise - they are called to enter, and hear what the gods intend for them.

---

Spoiler: The Everchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fenrik (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dust (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arlia the Shaman (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 06:42:32 am by Digital Hellhound »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2014, 06:35:13 am »

Right, then. I might tweak stats and whatnot (and formatting) still as this gets going. Also, you could've received more skills and abilities from your backstories, but I want to avoid too much junk at the beginning. Gotta earn it, oy.

I should've realized the fact that the majority of you are biotechnological marvels or just... robotic would make a HP/AP distinction a bit weird, but oh well!

Throw any questions my way. As a pre-emptive answer: Favor is gained by doing acts that please your god, and may be exchanged for boons and rewards. Also, hover over any weapons and armor, colored words, italics or such for a description.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 06:37:47 am by Digital Hellhound »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Elysium - A World of A Thousand Gods (Started!)
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2014, 06:57:02 am »

THank you for your opinion Hellhound, also at least my character has an excuse to just appear
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2014, 09:42:21 am »

Enter and receive Aeraimua's command.

((Btw, I love the skill and ability you gave me. Fit my character perfectly.))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2014, 09:43:44 am »

Enter and kneel before the Dark God to await my orders.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17