Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Author Topic: Elysium - A World of A Thousand Gods (Chapter I)  (Read 14955 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elysium - A World of A Thousand Gods (Chapter I: The Long Red Road)
« Reply #195 on: October 17, 2014, 04:50:03 pm »

That was never a necessity. And hey, adwarf can claim he didn't even hear Kazren's pledge. Although, he did just address the others over the comms calling on them to spare the Unbegot. Well, it was a hectic time, who can really tell what was and wasn't said?

(That said, he might indeed be better off ensuring there are no survivors. Or maybe not. I do wonder how Fenrik intends to go about his plans - unless he just tricked Nilvath to try and gain favor.)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 17, 2014, 07:37:38 pm »

That was never a necessity. And hey, adwarf can claim he didn't even hear Kazren's pledge. Although, he did just address the others over the comms calling on them to spare the Unbegot. Well, it was a hectic time, who can really tell what was and wasn't said?

(That said, he might indeed be better off ensuring there are no survivors. Or maybe not. I do wonder how Fenrik intends to go about his plans - unless he just tricked Nilvath to try and gain favor.)
((Yeah now that Draignean and the others caused a fight all of them have to die, can't have rats ruining a grand feast ripe for the taking now can we?))

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 19, 2014, 04:46:11 am »

I'd like to keep combat moving quickly, so Draignean and Samarkand will be auto'ed if they don't post by the end of the day. Samarkand hasn't been on the forums for a while either, so I might need to drop them for the first waitlister soon.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 20, 2014, 08:53:56 am »

Kazren, Dust, the Everchild, Arlia

Dust: Attack Jago, attempt to brutalize Jago
Everchild: Attack, Attack
Kazren (AI): Ready Shield, Attack
Arlia (AI): Ready Weapon, Attack

The champions spring into action. Divine form and training give them an edge, faster reactions and movement than the mortal Unbegot could hope for. They don't waste time looking for cover from the few rocks, knowing speed counts above all. Dust is the first, grinning with satisfaction as she [2+1=3] launches herself forward to end Jago in one heavy blow. The Hybris-moulded greatsword in her hands swings in a great arc, [Dodge:6+1=6] but Jago's no fool. He steps back from under the blow, reaching for the hilt of his knife. [2+1=3] Dust is faster, cackling with glee as she lunges forward again, [Dodge:4+1=5] the deadly weapon driving the raider further back but not finding flesh.

[6] At the same time, the Everchild's combat programming kicks in. She whirls around and fixes on the most high-priority target, sensors within her body identifying weapons and capabilities. The younger of the two tribals Arlia eavesdropped on earlier finds himself staring at the barrel of the Boomer Gun across the small pool. [Dodge:2-1+1=2] The heavy handcannon erupts with a dull boom with a solid hit on the tribal's thigh. [Damage:3+3=6] Blood spurts and the youth staggers, eyes widening from the shock, but his grip on his stocky gun doesn't waver. [6] The Everchild's body doesn't hesitate, another boom splitting the air, [Dodge:2-1+1=2][Damage:3+3=6] and her aim remains as good as ever.

Kazren raises his Bio-Form shield. Perhaps seeing Dust's intention to brutalize and desecrate Jago if he doesn't step in, Kazren moves in to administer justice, darting past Dust when she delivers her second blow. [3] Jago recognizes the danger [Dodge:3] a little too late, as the reborn champion barges shoulder-first into him. [Damage:1+3/2=2] He's shaken out of breath, but Jago seems tough as well as quick, and steps back to face both champions without any sign of injury.

The shamaness stirs out of her stupor at the promise of combat and draws, from her extensive arsenal, the Sixshooter. [4] She takes aim at [Target:1] Jago, perhaps thinking two champions aren't enough to take him out. With them darting and weaving in melee, though, accuracy is a must. [-1 Accuracy from firing into melee, chance of hitting ally] [Dodges:2-1+1+1=3/3-1+1+1=4] The revolver howls twice, one shot gouging into the side of Jago's arm. [Damage:4/2=2] It draws blood as it passes, but not very deeply.

Jago: Ready Weapon, Attack
Ganna: Ready Weapon
O. Outcast: Attack
Y. Outcast: Find Cover!
Un. Warrior: Attack
S. Unbegot: Attack

[4+1=5] Jago moves the second he has the chance. With a grim smile, he lunges for Dust's throat, [Dodge:4] only to meet an effortless parry with the much larger bulk of the Greatsword. The raider leader takes a step back, wary, perhaps gauging his chances. He doesn't seem to be in a mood to talk now that the fighting has begun. Behind him, Ganna's shaking hands draw a pistol from the folds of her dress. She stares at it like she can't quite believe it's there.

Across the pool, the bigger and older of the tribals opens up at the Everchild, snarling some curse and stepping towards his brother. [3] The light SMG in his hands opens up with a burst, [Dodges:1-1+1=1/5-1+1=5/2-1+1=2] too quick for the Everchild's systems to throw her aside. Light bullets pepper her stomach [Damages:2*2-3=1/2-3=0] for minimal effect. The damage barely registers in her internal report. [Cover:1-1=1] The younger, disoriented by his wounds, stumbles forward into the pool, leaving him slow and vulnerable to any further attacks.

The third Unbegot, a woman muttering some protective oath under her breath, raises a rifle against the Everchild as well. [2-1=1] She hesitates, eyes drifting to the other champions for better targets, and neglects to open fire. Further away, the last remaining Unbegot [2] seems momentarily paralyzed by explosion of noise and action.

---
There is sparse cover from rocks and vegetation.
Fenrik is too distant to separate friend from foe - the Myrmidon can, of course, be brought closer or fire blindly.

Enemies

Spoiler: Jago (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ganna (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Older Tribal Outcast (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Younger Tribal Outcast (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Unnerved Warrior (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Settler Unbegot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Everchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dust (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arlia the Shaman (click to show/hide)

Fenrik

Fenrik: Attack, Attack

The escaping Unbegot vehicle - Seeker quickly identifies it as some variant of the 'Highway King', suggesting it's a popular model in the wasteland - registers in Fenrik's sights, and he wastes no time before opening up with the autocannon. [4][Dodges:6+1+1=6/6+1+1=6/6+1+1=6/5+1+1=6] His entire salvo misses wildly, but that barely deters him.

[3] Fenrik fires again. [Dodges:2+1+1=4/5+1+1=6/2+1+1=4/6+1+1=6] With the speed and agility of the smaller vehicle, the inaccuracy of the autocannon, and his abysmal aim, he misses every shot as before. The ramshackle Highway King seems to mock him with the way it moves.

Driver: Move to Long Range from Myrmidon.
Gunner: Fire at Myrmidon.
Third: -

The driver of the vehicle decides to get the hell out while he still can. [Autosuccess, as the Myrmidon isn't moving] The Highway King speeds into the distance, but not before its gunner [5] unloads a burst from the short-barreled machinegun crudely installed into the vehicle. [Dodges:1+1=2/5+1=6/1+1=2/1+1=2/1+1=2/5+1=6] Compared to Fenrik's aim, and from a moving vehicle, the Unbegot gunner is a crack shot. Bullets slam into the vehicle, [Damages:0] though all of them ricochet harmlessly. The sound of them bouncing off gets on Fenrik's nerves, though.

Enemies
Spoiler: Highway King (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fenrik (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Myrmidon (click to show/hide)

---

As soon as adwarf's rolls came up that badly, I knew his opponent was going to roll as many 1s as humanly possible. And lo behold... shame they had no effect, though.

I might not show modifiers in dodge rolls in the future. They look too big and bloated with -1+1+1+1-1 etc.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 23, 2014, 02:17:07 pm »

"What's wrong Jago?" Dust crowed mockingly, "Can't kill a god?"

Attack Jago, Attack Jago
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 24, 2014, 12:05:05 am »

The Everchild's cannon booms again, again at the young tribal, not sensing enough damage to necessitate an urgent change of target.
Then it shifts upwards and across, levelling at the one with the submachine gun. The low voice of her targeting system drones on.

'Assessing incoming damage... negligible. Firing. Seeking new target... target locked. Firing...'

One attack on 'Younger tribal outcast', one attack on 'Older tribal outcast'.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 24, 2014, 12:46:40 am »

Fire on the Highway King again.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 25, 2014, 09:25:15 am »

Kazren, Dust, the Everchild, Arlia

Dust: Attack, Attack
Everchild: Attack Y. Outcast, Attack O. Outcast
Kazren (AI): Attack, Attack
Arlia (AI): Seek Cover, Attack

Jago mutters something under his breath to Dust's crowing; and then they're moving again. [6+1=6] Fleeing in the face of such a statuesque, muscular giant might just be the smartest option, but the raider stands his ground. [Dodge:1+1=2][Damage:5] He realizes his mistake when the huge greatsword finds flesh, ripping apart cloth and gouging into his stomach as Dust executes another wide swing. Jago staggers, bleeding, [6+1=5] but Dust isn't letting up. She thrusts, powerful arms guiding the Hybrasi masterwork - [Dodge:5+1=6] just a little too slow. Jago's wounds don't seem to bother him; his eyes gleam with a sort of hate-induced madness.

[4] Kazren interrupts their duel again. He drives into their opponent, [Dodge:1] smashing the heavy, armoured bulk of the shield straight against Jago's jaw, the raider's head snapping back and a pained yell erupting from his lips. The edges of the shield dig into his skin. [Damage:4*2=8] His face broken and bloody, Jago manages to stumble out of reach. Reddish spit falls to the ground. [1] Kazren gives him his space, fixing his stance before another attack.

[4+1=5] Jago strikes out with his knife, [Dodge:6] a clumsy thrust aimed to keep Kazren back. [3+1=4]vs[5+1=6] He moves about for an opening in the wall presented by Dust and Kazren, but the warrior woman makes sure there's no escape. Judging from his glancing looks, she'd guess his intention was to get the spear embedded in the earth.

[4] Ignoring the melee on the edge of her vision, the Everchild tracks her target and [Dodge:1+1-2=1] lets out a booming shot aimed directly at the younger tribal warrior's head. [Damage:3+3*2=12] The explosion of blood, bone fragments and brain matter that follows is somewhat reminiscent of the blossoming of some macabre flower. Bits of the warrior spiral across the air, spattering on his companions and the Everchild's armoured form.

Her combat programming doesn't allow her to dwell on this, however. [6] The Boomer Gun snaps to the next target, head still turning and eyes still widening as he takes in his brother's death. [Dodge:3+1-1=3] The quick shot catches him on the arm, [Damage:3+3/2=3] spinning him to the side and spilling blood.

Arlia decides not to test her barriers too much, knowing their vulnerability in close quarters. [Cover:4-1=3] She crouches down before a small rock which offers minimal cover against fire. There's no time to look for anything better. [3] She takes aim, holding her Sixshooter with both hands, and sends off [Dodges(-1+1):1/6] a pair of shots towards the Unbegot across the pool. [Damage:4*2=8] Her target screams out in pain, hit in center mass.

Jago: Attack Kazren, Move
Ganna: Attack...?
O. Outcast: Attack
Un. Warrior: Seek Cover

[Seek Cover:5-2=3] Said target moves to get something between her and Arlia, finding something similar to the shamaness' own cover. At the same time, the remaining brother [6] bellows a furious war cry and targets the Everchild again. [Dodges(-1+1):2/4/5] Most of his volley misses, [Damage:2+2/2-3=0] and what hits pings off without so much as a scratch.

[1] Further away, the ex-settler Unbegot stands, unable to get a shot off for fear or hesitation.

And last, Ganna, shuddering behind Jago, [2-3=1] tries to raise the weapon she holds in shaking hands and fails. She seems to be hyperventilating.

---
Fenrik is too distant to separate friend from foe - the Myrmidon can, of course, be brought closer or fire blindly.

Enemies

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

Fenrik

Fenrik: Attack, Attack

Seeing his prey slip away, Fenrik keeps up the fire. [4][Dodges (+3)=5/4/6/3] It is seemingly impossible to hit, anymore. The much more nimble enemy vehicle doesn't even bother to swerve away from his volley. The heavy shots scatter across the horizon. Fenrik doesn't bother with another volley - they'd all certainly miss.

Driver: Escape Combat.
Gunner: -
Third: -

[Autosuccess] The driver keeps on at full throttle. Soon enough, the Highway King is only a speck in the horizon, and then nothing. Fenrik supposes they could follow its tracks after the rest of them are dealt with, but they'll probably not stop to be caught for a long while now.

---

Alas, poor Flare Gun-carrying boy. Your chance of possibly causing serious damage is forever passed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 25, 2014, 06:12:22 pm »

((This is going too well. No doubt something completely unexpected will complicate things shortly.))

"Oh I'm sorry!" Dust called out mockingly again, "I've had an unfair advantage, haven't I?"

Pulling her arm back, she hurled her sword at the beastmaster.

...no, not at the beastmaster. Of course not. At the beastmaster's feet, so he could pick it up and use it against her and her allies.

Of course.

"What are you waiting for?" she called out, arms wide in a challenging gesture as she cackled. "Does the mighty leader of these Unbegot need to borrow my armor as well?"

Toss Jago my greatsword, mock him, and counterattack him unarmed if he goes for me and that does anything. Finish Helping(TM) by making sure Kazren doesn't lethally finish off the enraged murderer.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 26, 2014, 03:10:31 am »

((This is my new favorite fighting style. I hope you continue by tossing him piece after piece of your armor every turn, a sort of striptease-battle.))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 28, 2014, 04:38:17 pm »

"Dammit, damn it all to hell!"

Fenrik cursed as he stood up and kicked the wall of the Myrmidon as he grabbed the Magbow before storming out of the vehicle.

Fire at the Settler Unbegot with my Magbow after leaving the Myrmidon.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 29, 2014, 06:02:02 pm »

The Everchild's targeting computer burbles on in its matter-of-fact tone, drowned out in places by the boom of her cannon.

>Attack the surviving brother again until he ceases to pose a threat.
Should he only require one cannon shot to finish, use my remaining move to make a combat-cartwheel around the pool, ready to snatch up that fallen sword on my next turn.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 30, 2014, 09:24:23 am »

All

Dust: Mock, Attack if attacked
Everchild: Attack, Attack or Take Weapon
Kazren (AI): -
Arlia (AI): Attack, Reload

Jago's eyes widen and narrow again at Dust's easy mockery. He eyes the two champions, shaking his head. He moves quickly to take the Greatsword from the dust.

'To kill you with your own weapon...' Jago mutters. He stands still for a second - [6+1=6] and lunges.

Dust takes in his charge in a split-second. He's unfamiliar with the big weapon, holding it in a clumsy thrusting grip, slowed down by his wounds, hands wavering. It is an attack only a first-day novice would let hit her. [Dodge:6+1=6] Jago's momentum pushes him forward even as Dust easily moves aside and [4+1=5][Dodge:1] kicks out his feet from underneath him. Jago goes sprawling, weak arms swiveling up against the dry ground. [Damage:1*2=2] He's up on his feet, his back to the pool, a moment later, but he's not looking so good. Ganna, left unprotected, looks on in horror. Kazren follows the unfolding action in silence, his features tightening.

[4] The Everchild tracks the surviving brother as the man cries out, rushing around the pool towards Jago. He starts shouting something, but the boom of the Everchild's cannon drowns him out. [Dodge:5-1+2=6] The shot goes wide, [2] and the Everchild doesn't get the chance for another as the man stumbles to join Jago, still holding his SMG.

Arlia aims down at the female Unbegot again, confident her shots will smash right through her cover. [6][Dodges (+1):4/5] She's proven wrong, though her first shot slams into her cover, [Damage:4/2=2] causing the stone to fracture. The Sixshooter then clicks empty. Arlia pulls it open and begins clicking in more bullets.

Jago: Take Weapon, Attack Dust
Ganna: Attack...?
O. Outcast: Move to Jago
Un. Warrior: Attack

[1-1=1] Her target cowers behind her damaged protection, perhaps gauging her chances. The settler [1] seems paralyzed still. It would seem her place should've been with those who fled. [5-3=2] Ganna fares no better.

Fenrik: Move into Long Range, Attack S. Unbegot

Further away, thoroughly pissed off, Fenrik slams open the Myrmidon ramp and charges towards the battle with his Magbow held close. He can only just make out the fighting inside the shadow of the boulders, but marksmanship has always suited him best. Fenrik moves along until he has an angle on an enemy a little further away from his 'companions' than the others. [5] He aims, calming his breathing, sinking himself into the moment. The target and the shot become all of his world. The rest of the battle seems to fade away. He hears the mag-lock thrum with force itching to be released.

[Dodge:1+1=2] There's a flash, and the tech-bolt slams home straight into the woman's collarbone. [Damage:3+4=7] Fenrik sees blood just before she falls out of sight, tumbled over by the impact. She gets up a moment later, eyes wide in shock, trying to figure out where the attack came from. Fenrik gets another arrow ready.

---

Enemies

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

---

That settler should probably just stop trying.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 02, 2014, 11:08:48 pm »

"Target moving... tracking... tracking... caution: target at close proximity to friendly forces. Re-prioritizing... seeking melee weapon for gratuitous dismemberment...'

The Everchild, seeing its target move closer to the melee and unsafely close to its allies, lowers the cannon and heads forwards, robotic form moving with surprising swiftness, to grab up the discarded sword by the pool instead in its pristine white fist.

>Initiate combat cartwheel, move over to pick up the 'tribal blade'.
Then evaluate the remaining Bad People, decide which one poses the biggest threat.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 02, 2014, 11:22:34 pm »

"The next time you bastards want to be the reason my plans get fucked up make sure you're somewhere I can't shoot you ..."

Fenrik mummers as he focuses in on the one he'd fired on previously to finish the job, one of them had escaped but he was going to make damn sure not a one more lives past the day.

Fire on the Settler Unbegot once more.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17