Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Elysium - A World of A Thousand Gods (Chapter I)  (Read 14951 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elysium - A World of A Thousand Gods (Chapter I)
« Reply #225 on: November 16, 2014, 09:10:56 pm »

Fenrik scowled, and spoke to the others,

"Capture Jago alive, I need a word with him, and before you say anything Kazren about your your fucking justice here's my thoughts. Shove your justice, its never been there for me, and I'm not going to start helping it be there for others. If that's not enough then use whatever you have that passes for a brain, and think about what Jago knows of the Unbegot, an entire group whose sole purpose is rebellion against the Gods who would be and likely are committing other deeds like the ones we came here for. If you want your damned justice then take him alive so I can get information out of him, even you have to see the sense in what I'm saying.

That aside slaughter the rest."

Without hesitation Fenrik turned backed to his work, and began firing on the Settler again.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 16, 2014, 09:34:12 pm »

"Fenrik, I am an honest man, I gave him my word. I would betray it as much as I would betray my word to you. I have no qualm with this rebellion as a whole, and I care as much for your God and your methods of getting information as you do for my Justice."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 16, 2014, 09:51:39 pm »

"... Fine then, kill him, and the many more who will die because you were to stubborn to give up your honesty."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 16, 2014, 09:56:55 pm »

"... Fine then, kill him, and the many more who will die because you were to stubborn to give up your honesty."

"We do not know the cost of his death. Perhaps thousands will die because of my actions, but I cannot condone torture because of a 'perhaps'. I see things that are, Fenrik, and I do not spend my time afraid of what might be."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 17, 2014, 03:19:02 am »

"See? See?! Callous and bound, like a corpse. You said you would, so you must. Nevermind anything that comes after.

Useless! You were given a second chance at life and squander it. Where's your uncertainty? Where's your capriciousness? Where's your doubt, Warbreaker? What's the point of coming back as a mindless automaton?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 17, 2014, 09:23:56 am »

"See? See?! Callous and bound, like a corpse. You said you would, so you must. Nevermind anything that comes after.

Useless! You were given a second chance at life and squander it. Where's your uncertainty? Where's your capriciousness? Where's your doubt, Warbreaker? What's the point of coming back as a mindless automaton?"

"My doubt, Dust, is all that drives me," Kazren said, his voice hard and barely above a whisper. "Were it not for doubt, I would have destroyed myself a long time ago. You have the body of an adult, but you are scarcely less a child than the Everchild herself. You have no purpose, and without that you are no more alive than the Dust in the summer rain; you can dance and defy the world for a time, but it means nothing, and all of you will be forgotten when you finally, inevitably, fall."
---

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 18, 2014, 09:39:34 am »

I am cursed to lose a player to inactivity just as another returns.
---
Kazren and Dust

Even as the battle rages on around them, the champions face off before Jago. Dust takes a position to block both Kazren and Jago himself from hurting the raider. Kazren raises his shield, ready to finish the job.

[1+1=2]vs[4] Dust, distracted by Jago springing up behind her, is not fast enough to strike at Kazren. The Warbreaker barrels past her to go in for the kill. [4+1=5] But he has misjudged the hardened man. Broken, Jago still has enough strength in him to lunge forward to meet his charge, the carving knife thrusting. Words escape his lips; Kazren cannot quite make him out, but it sounds like he is somewhere far away; that his eyes see a different scene.

[Dodge:1] His aim is still deadly. Kazren sees the knife plunging towards him and [Shield Use:1] is all too slow to turn the shield away from Dust. [Damage:3*2=6-4=2] The utilitarian knife barely penetrates into his 'flesh', his bio-armor already beginning to mend when the tip of the blade exits. Jago's seemingly last act is of little use. [1+1=2] He stumbles, eyes staring wide beyond Kazren.

'Is this all?' he asks, blood falling from his lips. He holds something up in his hand. 'A piece of her skin...?'

"By blood we are both begun, and by blood we shall be undone. Let it end, and find her again in the next life," the Warbreaker intones. His justice will be done.

[Dodge:5-2=3][Damage:4/2=2] Kazren's first blow sends Jago only staggering back, some semblance of self-preservation letting him deflect the blow from his vitals. [Dodge:3-2=1][Dodge:4*2=8] Kazren makes sure the next one is faster. Jago breathes out, spins to the side, and falls. His battered body crashes into the dirt, trickling blood from old wounds and new.

Dust sees it happen even as her feet take her closer with every step - but not fast enough. The Warbreaker's back is open to her, should she choose to keep on her path. Behind her, the other tribal, one of no consequence, also charges upon seeing his leader fall. Dust hears him following behind.

---
There is sparse cover from rocks and vegetation.

Enemies

Spoiler: Older Tribal Outcast (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dust (click to show/hide)

---

A sort of mini-update; Dust essentially hasn't completed her actions due to losing 'initiative', so I'm letting her choose how she wants to continue. The other players can talk in if they want, of course. I rolled the versus Combat Roll as Jago was between you two - it was a matter of acting more quickly.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 18, 2014, 09:11:24 pm »

Somewhere within the Everchild's targeting computer, despite its soulless voice and ruthless processors, lies at least a hint of its creator's flair for the dramatic. The machine pauses, just briefly, whirling the unfamiliar blade in its huge hand as it scans the remaining combatants before lunging forwards.
'Scanning for targets... assessing threat level... target locked. Initiating gratuitous violence procedures...'

>Impale the nearest enemy through the belly with my sword, then obliterate their head with a point-blank cannon blast whilst holding them up.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 26, 2014, 03:11:50 pm »

All

Eager to finish the fight, the Everchild lunges in for the kill at the crawling warrior. [4][Dodge:1] Her strike is fast and precise; [Damage:3*2=6] she thrusts the looted Dustmen blade past bone and into the wretched Unbegot's innards. While she's still bleeding out on the ground, the Everchild's robotic form whirls around to fire off a shot at one of the two remaining hostiles. [6][Dodge:3-1+1=3] Her shot catches the running older tribal in the shoulder from behind, [Damage:3+3/2=3] staggering him as he heads to strike at Kazren.

Further away, Fenrik continues his marksmanship against the cowering settler. [1][3] He takes his time with a shot, wary of the gunfire echoing around the oasis, [Dodge:6+2=6] This time, the thrumming mag-bolt whooshes right past her.

[5] The settler finally realizes Fenrik's position, and seems intent on returning the favor. [Dodge:5+1=6] Her quick shot is wildly off the mark. [4] Arlia reloads and fires off shots towards the settler from her own cover. [Dodges (+1):5/6] Both of her shots miss entirely, the revolver not intended for medium ranges.

Kazren has to fend off a furious attack by the surviving tribal - [5][Dodge:5] but he parries his knife with ease. [6] The big tribal seems ready to strike again and takes a step towards his foe... and collapses, with an ear-splitting scream. He tumbles into the dust and begins writhing wildly. Kazren and Dust catch a scuttling shape fall from his leg and disappear into the shade, on its way back to Fenrik. Its poison supply is spent, for now.

Kazren and Dust face off against the incapacitated older tribal - or possibly each other. The Everchild is in the position to flank the settler, though her weaponry is best at closer range. Fenrik remains in the distance, targeting the settler.

---
There is sparse cover from rocks and vegetation.

Enemies

Spoiler: Older Tribal Outcast (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Settler Unbegot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Everchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dust (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Arlia the Shaman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fenrik (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Myrmidon (click to show/hide)

---

This fight is nearing its end at last. Whew.

Delay due to test week, and, uh, Dragon Age: Inquisition. I have a diplomat to romance, damnit.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 26, 2014, 03:28:41 pm »

Fire upon the settler once, and then start closing on the one the pain scarab incapacitated.

((Just die already >_>))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 26, 2014, 08:21:37 pm »

Delay due to test week, and, uh, Dragon Age: Inquisition. I have a diplomat everyonething to romance, damnit.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 29, 2014, 05:00:33 am »

(This romance is too cute for me to stray into romancing anything else, but yes, Irony.

Actions, please. This is likely the last round - you could figure out if you want to, say, capture the incapacitated dude or create a grisly ornament from Jago's spine. Combat will likely be sped-up for the future a little, on a related note.)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 29, 2014, 06:17:48 am »

(This romance is too cute for me to stray into romancing anything else, but yes, Irony.

Actions, please. This is likely the last round - you could figure out if you want to, say, capture the incapacitated dude or create a grisly ornament from Jago's spine. Combat will likely be sped-up for the future a little, on a related note.)
(( I'm moving to capture him, but then again I guess it depends on whether Kazren wants to snap his neck as well. :v ))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 01, 2014, 10:42:30 pm »

(( I'm moving to capture him, but then again I guess it depends on whether Kazren wants to snap his neck as well. :v ))

((I only found out that Dragon Age I is one of my favorite games of all time a few months ago, looking forward to playing through the rest of the series.))

((Also, of course I'm planning on killing the straggler. The Deal was made, and pretty much everything else would be a fate worse than death. A pity we don't really have Arlia anymore.))

Kazren pivoted to stand over the screaming tribal, eyeless face incapable of pity.

Crush the neck of the incapacitated tribal with a silver foot.
---

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 03, 2014, 01:10:45 am »

'All nearby targets incapacitated... *click* scanning for new threats... no threats within range...
Targeting systems entering standby... *click*'

And with that, the Everchild's main computer takes control again, the tribal blade dropping from her mechanical hand as she watches Dust and Kazren. Presumably watches them, anyway- it's hard to tell what her cameras are focusing on. After a moment her normal voice speaks up from the speakers:

"...What now? Should I help? Is the Bad Person dying? Do you think they have learned their Lesson?"

Drop the tribal sword and observe the goings-on before me.
Reload my cannon if necessary.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17