Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Elysium - A World of A Thousand Gods (Chapter I)  (Read 14959 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Elysium - A World of A Thousand Gods (Started!)
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2014, 11:06:44 am »

Enter, eager to receive my father's first instructions.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elysium - A World of A Thousand Gods (Started!)
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2014, 12:18:46 pm »

((I figured there were unlikely to be any more actions than 'enter', so apologies for not waiting for the last two of you.))
---
The Five Gods

The champions enter the great domed chamber, some with their heads bowed, already preparing to throw themselves at their master's feet, some striding even but humble, ready for their task. The meeting chamber is in ruins like the rest of the fortress. Dust undisturbed for decades covers the floor and the intricate star pattern painted across its length save where the gods have moved and quarreled. A section of the dome has fallen in, letting in the dawn's first light. Five thrones sit in semicircle, all occupied by great, mighty gods. There is no throne in the centre – that could imply superiority, and these beings would never have it.

First is Basius, darting eyes peering from the confines of his rejuv-chair. The god is masked, but cannot truly hide the stench of decay and death emanating from his corpse. Something has gone wrong with the supposed immortality of this being; are the looks the other gods give him of disdain, or fear that one day they will share his fate? His gaze passes through the group before seizing his one child in its grip.

Then there is Rennahn; small, unassuming. A grey old woman, she looks little like a goddess, though where Basius has decayed, she has aged with grace, accepting the passage of time. Yet there is weariness in her eyes, a struggle to keep on, perhaps only seen by Kazren, the only one who she could call upon. Whatever secrets her spire may hold, the gods treat her as their weakest, their eyes passing over her, their mouths twisting with pity and disdain when she speaks.

Third comes the Weaver, wreathed in shifting veils and arcane machinery to give her mobility and power her form usually lacks. Her appearance is perhaps the most outlandish; a creature much like a caterpillar, now enveloped within her machines. Her mouth moves without words as the group enters, muttering to herself without seeming to realize. She pays no heed to her champion now.

On the fourth throne is Aeraimua, in the form of a big cat – and bigger than any one found in nature – curled on her throne, bright animal eyes studying the arrivals with a mix of curiosity and a sense of danger. From her form, her Shaman wonders if this meeting was close to turning into a bloodbath. Those are jaws that could tear apart heavy armor like paper.

The fifth is Nilvath, the Dark God. There is nothing kind in his painted smile, and his crimson eyes seem to flare with pleasure as he looks through the champions. His hand twitches toward a staff shaped like a serpent, wrapped around a skull at the top. Then his eyes dart towards the others, and he stops himself. The Tormentor leans forward, eager to see his approaching servant. Fenrik kneels before his master – if he is pleased, those eyes show none of it.

It is Nilvath who speaks first, abruptly standing from his throne. His voice is like a serpent's hiss and ash and fire. 'Hear us, worms! Bow before our might!'

His shrill outburst seems to displease the others. The beast-goddess growls, soft but audible, which sees Nilvath flinch and grab his staff. Before they can come to blows, however, Rennahn speaks; 'We have come together, gods and men, to fulfill our will. It is... the duty of champions to take on the sacred quests of the gods. Elysium is endangered. The gods have seen this.'

The Weaver's eyes narrow at this, and she steps in with a voice like silk being woven. 'We have seen it, yes, yes...' she whispers. 'You will seek out what we wish. You will do all that we wish, all, all!'

'We command you to go to the place worms know as Atropol,' Nilvath speaks again. 'Why, I hear you ask? Do not dare question your masters! Worms, I could crush you like insects with a thought!'

'Enough, enough, enough! You speak inanities! Let them to their task!' the Weaver cries out. The dark god hisses, staff rising. Opposite Nilvath, Basius cackles in glee at the exchange, seemingly oblivious to the danger.

'You dare silence me, worm? Ah, but you are a worm, are you not? - in shape and in mind! Your place is on the floor, not as my equal!'

The two gods are frozen in place, eyes fixed on eachother. The champions dare not move. The sense of tension in the air is more than palpable; it seems to filter into their nostrils and threaten to suffocate them. Then, seemingly by invisible agreement, the two gods back down and turn away as if nothing had happened. Their attention returns to the champions, none of who have had the misfortune of sharing a room with several gods before.

'As has been said,' Rennahn says, into the silence, 'you are to go to Atropol. Your transport has been prepared; you may see it is so for yourselves if you wish, before your departure. You will be on your way before nightfall. It is decided.'

The gods all stand – well, Basius hovers, and the Weaver is elevated in her machinery - which gives the sign for their champions to do so as well. There is no question of speaking up now, but there may very well be a time for that soon enough...

If the champions were expecting a grand revelation, they did not receive much. But as the gods depart, some of them are summoned. A flash of black catches Arlia's eye, darting up a narrow staircase leading to some secluded tower, and she knows she is expected to follow – her goddess would not show herself by accident. Dust hears whispers calling for her through the winding corridors of the fortress, towards the Weaver's chambers. The Warbreaker sees his mistress at the end of a corridor; she nods once, beckoning for him to follow. Nilvath simply remains in the domed chamber, eyes fixed on Fenrik in a clear order to come within. The Everchild, however, gets no sign from her father, who seems to have disappeared.

Regardless, they are all deposited back in the waiting room, free to speak with eachother if they so wish. Somewhere below is the garage, with their 'transport' waiting. Beyond the bounds of the fortress lay the four camps, if they wish to seek the company of fellow servants and retainers.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elysium - A World of A Thousand Gods (Chapter I: The Five Gods)
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2014, 12:28:22 pm »

"The Dark God needs my presence, to not go would certainly end bad ... to go late could be worse ... go immediately perhaps, but then perhaps that will end badly too ..."

Fenrik mumbles as he leaves the room, his Master ordered a meeting and he had to answer it post haste.

Quickly make my way to meet with Nilvath, do not leave him waiting.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 02:44:21 pm by adwarf »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2014, 02:43:46 pm »

Dust glanced almost nervously between the champions around her and the direction of her mistress, feeling a peculiar anxiety she couldn't place. Finally she simply took off in a run towards The Weaver's chambers, without having said a word.

Answer The Weaver's call.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2014, 03:00:06 pm »

PTW

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2014, 07:16:38 pm »

Kazren gathered his wings around him, a gesture as akin to shivering as he was able to produce. The presence of so many Gods in one room, the raw potential for violence that seethed around them... There would need to be a miracle in order to keep this mission from falling into treacherous disaster. A miracle that might be beyond the powers of any God to produce.

"I cannot call any of you friends as yet," Kazren said to the champions who remained in the waiting room, "but I will call you allies against whatever disaster comes to us. The troubles that bring Gods such as ours to work together must bind us twice as strongly. Division at this time can bring us nothing but disaster." Kazren bowed his armored head to the others in respect, and left without another word.

Find Rennahn. Learn what she wishes me to do, and voice my concerns as to the stability of this pact.

((Matching my color to that of my god, simply for the sake of easy connection.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2014, 07:19:11 pm »

Follow the goddess.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2014, 05:37:46 am »

Fenrik

Fenrik gets the uncomfortable feeling his master heard what he said, despite the still features of the mask. He makes his way inside, his steps a bit more hurried than usual. Nilvath keeps his gaze fixed on him; to stay here alone like this gives somewhat the impression of superiority, or atleast an uniqueness, over the other gods. Fenrik knows better than to remark on it. He starts to bow, but the next moment an explosion of sound and movement fills the room.

The Dark God opens himself and his flocks storm out, the black swarm of Fenrik's nightmares. They are a handful at first, but hundreds in the blink of an eye, ragged, black birds trailing red like pieces of bloody meat, eyeless and hungry. They become a living cage of beating black wings and croaks around him, drowning out all other sound, claiming all free space. Razor-sharp beaks and claws cut away at him, drawing blood, forcing him to his knees. [2] Fenrik can think of nothing else but the birds and protecting himself, but there is nowhere his feet can take him, nothing his arms can do to protect himself. He falls to the ground with a whimper - at the same time, the great doors of the domed chamber are slammed closed by the force of the black swarm.

The birds withdraw, surging into Nilvath's robes, into the darkness inside. Soon they are all gone, a part of the Tormentor once more. How this divine sorcery works, Fenrik cannot know.

'Let that be a lesson,' his master says, the voice that grips his heart. 'Well... those fools cannot hear us now. I have great plans for you, 'Fenrik'. Obey without question.'

His fiery eyes seem to seethe with fury once more. Nilvath looks aside, fingers tightening around his staff. 'Go with these others, to the worm-place of Atropol. But know you have a deeper purpose. You are an instrument of my will! The Black Order will do as I command! Your blade in the dark is needed, assassin... one of your own has betrayed me, hidden herself from my sight, fled from my wrath! You will find her, kill her, flay her, tear her, burn her! Should you fail, you and all your order will be put into the pain-machines to suffer for all of eternity. I will oversee it personally.'

'The traitor may be at Atropol, but perhaps not. Seek for her, wherever you go. Do not rest until she is yours! If the rest of this fool's errand suffers because of it - I care not. You will obey! Oh, but... should you get the chance to kill the bitch-goddess Weaver's servant, take it! But do not let the blame fall on me, no, no. The same goes for the wild goddess and her worm. They have their plots and secrets, they must have - you will break them, ruin their plans, thwart them at every turn. Chaos will reign.'

He towers over Fenrik, ever-suspicious and wrathful, ready to punish for any reason at all.

Spoiler: Fenrik (click to show/hide)

Dust

Dust follows the twisting corridors, narrow and of ancient stone, until she reaches a chapel-like chamber claimed by the Weaver. She has had time to spread her machinery into the ceiling and walls, and now hangs suspended, silent. Dust moves carefully into the center of it all. The Weaver is too busy with a multitude of projections and screens to notice her at first. When she does, however, those projections surround Dust herself. Before her face appears a map, centered on what must be this fortress - even the camps outside are visible, if only barely. This must be from the great Godseye, the divine machine in the skies that allows them to see anywhere on Elysium. To be granted a view must be a great honor.

'Ah, Dust, Dust...' the Weaver greets at last. She turns in her supports to peer down on her servant. 'I have a task for you, a secret task, a task you will tell no other. Atropol is of little significance. Or is it? Self-doubt gnaws at me - the feeling is exquisite!'

The map moves, panning to the north-west. A swathe of dark blue breaks the endless shades of red, a lake in the wilderness. Specks of dirt are huddled at one edge, and a larger black shape arises from the centre of the lake.

'This is... Baiqal? Baikanla? Baikchakl? The names change; the meaning remains. You will pass through on your journey. It may be wise to stay, for a while, at least, despite what the others might think. The lake-town is a meeting place, and one of secrets. Find what you can. That is not your task yet, however - patience, patience! No, that is to be found northwards, between that place and the place of Atropol.'

The Weaver gets a far-away look in her eyes, moving uneasily against her supports. A machine arm descends and begins cutting into her flesh, though if she feels pain, she does not show it. Her mistress often alters her own self on a whim, sometimes more directly than others. Soon enough she speaks again, however;

'I have seen it, seen those of the other worlds. A great ram, wreathed in fire, did descend from the skies, a thing not of here. Find it for me, champion, and find all you can. It is off your path-' and here the map moves north and east, moving off a road from the lake. It pauses somewhere in the true wilderness. '-but you will persuade or make your companions follow you there. Or not. Perhaps it would be best not to. They are not to be trusted. The decision is yours; it is a heavy one, and may it be difficult for you.'

She lets the map stay there, perhaps awaiting Dust's response, or just distracted by other things already.

Spoiler: Dust (click to show/hide)

The Warbreaker

Rennahn gives her servant a direct path to follow. The corridor leads to a lonely room, broken and grey, with only a slit of a window to give light. It seems like a cell to him. Rennahn waits there, and invites Kazren to sit - not before her, but with her. Away from the others, her posture is tense, tired, and she lets Kazren speak first.

The Warbreaker express his concerns, and his mistress nods in agreement. 'But bear with them you must, Kazren. Be watchful, and trust no-one, but it is best if you remain with them - at least, for now - and make every effort to keep the peace. That is a fine goal on its own, yet there is a higher purpose for you too, Preserver. But let not an old woman ramble. First - what do you think of these... gods?'

Arlia

Arlia follows her goddess to an abandoned tower, up a dusty, half-way collapsed staircase. Before her, Aeraimua moves with a huntress' grace and softness, disturbing nothing, and Arlia tries to replicate that. They face eachother in the tower - for a moment Arlia thinks this will be another of her goddess' tests and training. She knows to fight, now, but there is always more to learn.

But no - the big cat closes her eyes, and images appear in the air before her.

The first is a vision of the wastes - red dust and stone flashing past, familiar and unknown sights following eachother. There seems to be little point to it, but soon Arlia realizes each picture is a little greener than the other, a little more vibrant, until the land is verdant and rich beyond anything she's seen. Green grass covers the dust, like an enormous oasis, and gentle rain breathes new life everywhere.

The vision ends, and is replaced. She sees the others, her new companions, burning it all. They stand in the flames, black and terrible, while the hungry fire rages on all around them. With a start, Arlia sees herself in the flames, under their cold, remorseless eyes, dying screaming. It is enough to make her shiver.

There is a third vision. She sees... underground? A sense of damp and cold surrounds her. In darkness, she sees a great store of canisters, ugly things of metal and glass. Inside is a black liquid; without a doubt she knows it is deat. In the vision, one is pierced, a microscopic hole, but enough: the blackness fills the earth and spreads out, turning the red lands into black, lifeless and barren. In only moments the blackness has covered the world and sucked out the air, and nothing stirs on Elysium anymore.

That image hangs in place for quite a while, and she feels out of breath herself. Then it is replaced; the canisters, watched over by Aeraimua, being wreathed in green and leaves.

The visions end. She stands before her mistress. Aeraimua's great cat eyes watch her. She does not say a word; she rarely does.

Spoiler: Arlia the Shaman (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 05:40:09 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2014, 05:49:24 am »

The Everchild studies each of the others in turn before they leave, its cameras whirring to bring it an image of their appearances.
"Friends," it echoes the winged figure, its oddly hollow, artificial voice emanating sluggishly from speakers about its body as it seemingly savours the unfamiliar words, "Friends are a Good Thing to have. Father will be... pleased." It goes quiet, looking about the room, although really it remains quite still whilst its cameras pan and zoom.
"Where is Father?"

Review my robotic shell's databanks. Do I need to receive further instructions from my Father, or has He already told me everything?
If the former, seek him out and ask his wishes. Study the strange place I've found myself in along the way.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2014, 09:42:51 am »

Kazren wondered if any of the other champions talked with their Gods as he did with his. The simple conversations they shared lacked the light and fire that often hailed divinity, but that fact that Rennahn never attempted to force Kazren to believe in her was one of the reasons he did believe in her.

"I am reminded of a village I tended to long ago," Kazren said after a moment of consideration. "It was governed simply, with three great families watching over it. The village was prosperous, and the three families went their own ways and never sought the aid of the others. The land was peaceful, because the three could always come to an agreement that they could not interfere with one another without weakening themselves." Kazren's metal face turned and looked back towards the meeting hall, back to where he could still almost feel the lingering malevolence that had been struck up between the Gods. "But then the rains slackened over the village fields, and the mines began to turn up caustic whiteash instead of coal. The village began to die, and the three families could no longer maintain non-interference. They agreed as one that something must be done, and they agreed that they must work together, but each family tried to lead. They cut each other apart before I arrived, each family sabotaging the efforts of the other families in order to appear superior and maintain their own ways. I came to the village after the worst was done, and found the patriarch of each family hung upon gallows erected by the villagers. Each family  knew that the disaster was too great to handle alone, but each insisted upon forcing the others to their will through force and trickery. Eventually, those who served them could take their selfish tyranny no more, and found themselves forced to kill the masters they had once loved."
   Kazren shook his armored head and turned back to Rennahn. "I feel that I am seeing the same event begin again, except on a scale to burn the world. Nilvath may be an ally for the moment, but trust in him cannot be extended to any great degree. Whatever chaos we are sent to stop, I worry that he will only fight alongside us until his own domain is secured. After that, I think he will watch all else burn with no remorse. The Weaver is erratic, but she will listen to us, and perhaps even believe us for a time. I have heard much of her, but I do not know how much is true. Trusting her will be difficult, but we may not find ourselves as enemies. Basius... I hear too much of him. That he is a child with the powers of a God and the body of a demon. The last has been discredited, but I cannot speak to either of the first. Aeraimua is a wild goddess, she does not believe in Justice as we believe in it, but I believe she may be our greatest ally in this court. She is not aligned with us, but she is not against us. Fairness and justice is not the way of wild places, but neither is the wanton destruction and tyranny of Nilvath's kind." Rennahn had probably formulated her own ideas of the other Gods, but Kazren had been asked his opinion. He never responded to any of her questions with anything less than complete honesty. "I would, Goddess, ask that the champion of Basius be protected. It is a child, however twisted its form, and it deserves better than this. A childhood of death may be the only childhood such a creature can have, but I would ease it if I can."
    Kazren chuckled suddenly, a warm sound that was only partially metallic. "But I fear I must apologize. You may have claimed to allow me my tongue for a desire to avoid rambling, but I have gone and done the deed myself."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2014, 12:49:08 pm »

The Everchild

The Everchild searches her memory for instructions, but, aside from telling her to do what they told here, there's nothing. She's been told her purpose is to go out and learn what it is to have Youth; to experience, explore, go where her heart pleased. Whatever other concerns Basius may have tried to convey, they were beyond her. From the all-serious behavior of the other gods, it seems like such a light goal, but maybe it's more important than they think.

Regardless of all that, she sets out to find her maker, choosing a direction at random. [3] The corridors and rooms of the fortress seem empty. She doesn't even see any of the others, her new friends or their gods, and the only sign of life is a pack of wasteland rodents that flees scurrying from her approach. She supposes they'd make good target practice; a thought of her body, maybe.

After a while trying to find her way, she ends up on a window with a view over the camp of Basius. She supposes he might be there, but he might just as well have disappeared completely. That's something Father could do with his powers, she's sure.

The Warbreaker

Rennahn smiles, though it's weak to his eyes. 'Do not apologize for that. The young should speak while they still have new things to say. Your sight could well be clearer than mine, these days,' she says. 'You speak well on the gods. Nilvath is a monster, little better than the creature that wished to see your dying place burn. The Weaver knows many things, and I seek her aid, but I know little of her otherwise. Basius is a child, and has always been such. Aeraimua... she would seem an able ally, but Kazren, I fear her a great deal. I know so little of her - I do not even remember her, from the old days. Perhaps it just lost to me, like so much of those times, but I cannot say. There were some of us who... well, it is likely an idle fear. We must let events take their course.'

She rests a hand on her brow for a moment.

'Your village is a warning to us, for certain. But... there are no villagers to rise up against us, to storm our strongholds and hang us from the gallows. Such a thing has never happened, in my memory; though I suppose the Weaver may know of such things. No, we will not be the ones to bring the flames to Elysium. The people have always suffered much - the gods cannot give them anything else. Yet... there may be something. Let me tell of what I have found, Kazren.'

She closes her eyes, and a flickering image appears before her. It solidifies into a symbol Kazren knows well; a symbol that might as well be burned on his skin. The sigil of the Warbreakers hovers between them.

'There are no Warbreakers,' the Goddess says. 'It pains me to say so, looking at you. You have the heart, Kazren, and the will - more than many of them had, though I was blind to it then. But you do not have their knowledge, nor their power. That they held in their home and stronghold - the Citadel of the Warbreakers.'

She looks her servant in the eyes. Some of the old strength seems to return, and he finds he could not turn away even if he wished.

'The Citadel still stands, Kazren - though it is lost to me. It cannot be allowed to fall into the wrong hands. The power it wields is too great to be granted to any god. But you... servant of all, you could do something there. You could do what I failed to do. So! This is my task to you, Kazren Alash: find the Citadel. Or destroy it, if you must - if others attempt to take it for their own. Do not let anything stop you on this path.'

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2014, 01:02:30 pm »

"Yes Master, it will be as you say, the traitor will die and I will take care of your enemies if I sense a chance. But .... what of this Warbreaker Master? He stands a chance of impeding your goals in the future, do you wish for me to deal with him the same as the Weaver's and this wild 'goddess's runt?"

Fenrik remained kneeling in front of the Dark God, his head bowed slightly to show respect yet allow him to see his Master for any sign that he should leave. The Warbreaker, he held a chance to please the Dark God and pleasing him could lighten the punishments laid onto him, and above all else Fenrik cared about his life and his life alone going so far to not even flinch at the mention of the torture his fellow members would undergo. He did not care, but it wouldn't matter, he would succeed for it was the only choice ...

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2014, 01:52:57 pm »

Kazren stared at the hovering symbol, mixed feelings surging inside of him. It was an old symbol, components of which at had been recycled time and time again for use as various symbols of justice, law, and mercy. It was the symbol of all that he revered, and it was the symbol of forces that kept his dead flesh walking.
   He could not bring himself to believe that his existence was natural, could not shake the feeling that he was an aberration against the very laws of nature. Yet the form allowed him to continue his work, and so he accepted the mantle of Warbreaker until his work was done.
    Which meant he would probably live in this form until killed a second time.

"Where is the citadel, Goddess? I will save the place if I can, but I believe there was more to the Warbreakers than their powers and their secrets. I will not betray the ideals of a just order in order to save its name. Leaving the others prior to reaching Atropol would weaken them and foster further suspicion between Gods and champions. I do not know what comes, and I will stand against it in ignorance if I must, but I know that we stand our best chance united, not divided in our citadels." Kazren paused for a long moment, considering his next words carefully. "May I speak candidly, Goddess?"
---

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2014, 02:27:14 pm »

Fenrik

'The what?' Nilvath asks, crimson eyes narrowing. 'Oh, you mean Rennahn's hound. She is no threat to anyone, anymore. I suppose the worm has offended you somehow? Then kill him if you wish, as long it stays hidden. You are to remain within this pretense of alliance for now.'

The Warbreaker

'Do not presume to lecture me on my order,' Rennahn says, irritation flashing in her eyes. She's berated and snapped at Kazren before, and the tone is not too cold yet. 'Don't be foolish. I am not driven by some useless sense of sentimentality. The name may have meant something in the past, but what matters is what that Citadel can do - what it can grow to represent now. It is not simply stone and steel, Kazren; there are machines in the deep that could create weapons for an army... or plows and seed to cover a continent, should one choose to use it so. As for where it is - well, you are to go to Atropol on this quest, as well. There is a House of the order there - the purpose forgotten, of course, but the building still stands. Begin your search from there.'

She pauses, the fire dimming again. 'And, well... if you wish to put your trust in your fellow champions, I cannot stop you. But I fear they would plunge a blade in you the moment their masters so much as implied it,' she says. 'But then... you do not see the world as I do. Perhaps they will aid you. Perhaps you can find others in the wastes, too. I am sorry, Kazren. I have been made old and cynical. I do not believe in unity.'

'Speak candidly, Preserver. That is your right.'

----
I find it hilarious Kazren is speaking in support of his companions, while at the same time one of those companions is offering to knock him off.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2014, 02:43:39 pm »

"As you say Master, is there more you wish to impart on me? If not I believe I have an idea of how to work towards your goals."

Wait to see if the Dark God needs anything else of me, if not start sneaking through the structure. My goal is to find this Warbreaker ...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17