Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28

Author Topic: \Legends/ - Simple Freeform Wild West RPG - Back to the Action  (Read 50005 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: \Legends/ - Simple Freeform Wild West RPG - Western Crusade
« Reply #180 on: August 11, 2014, 12:00:57 pm »

"I already have an alternate profession."

Since it seems I cannot find a job, I'll let it come to me.

Nail a "Gunslinger-for-hire" note on the notice board. Check if there's something new on it too. If there isn't anything worthy of my attention, I'll chill in the saloon.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 11, 2014, 12:25:25 pm »

"I have a shotgun! And he's right there! Ah, look, we can argue more about this later when there isn't someone trying to kill us!"

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 11, 2014, 02:07:37 pm »

Carter goes to the Brothel and sees that it might be a little difficult for him to take ownership of it at this time. But he gets an idea about how he can make some money in the meantime.

Carter organizes a betting pool on the outcome of the bondage duel.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 11, 2014, 02:19:05 pm »

Carter goes to the Brothel and sees that it might be a little difficult for him to take ownership of it at this time. But he gets an idea about how he can make some money in the meantime.

Carter organizes a betting pool on the outcome of the bondage duel.

Since we're dealing with money, it would be helpful for you to list prices and rewards. Otherwise, you might lose a lot of money if I' not sure how you want to exactly do it.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 11, 2014, 03:02:13 pm »

Betting pools, if done right, are always profitable for the person running them. The point is to try to ensure that you have equal payouts riding on both sides, giving better odds to less probable or popular outcomes, and also charging a small fee with each bet that you get to keep no matter what.

It might not be easy to pull this scheme off with a small audience that is likely clearly biased towards one outcome...

Anyway, still thinking 'bout my action.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 11, 2014, 03:08:16 pm »

Betting pools, if done right, are always profitable for the person running them. The point is to try to ensure that you have equal payouts riding on both sides, giving better odds to less probable or popular outcomes, and also charging a small fee with each bet that you get to keep no matter what.

It might not be easy to pull this scheme off with a small audience that is likely clearly biased towards one outcome...

Anyway, still thinking 'bout my action.

Betting pools are not always profitable, in the case where someone calls you out for bullshitting, and beats the hell out of you and takes all your money. Of course, as you said this is not "done right", but is essentially how these type of things function in the setting.

I suppose I could just simplify it with rolls.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 11, 2014, 04:22:14 pm »

snip

Wouldn't that be a two way street? you could call someone out on bull that didn't actually happen...  :P
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 11, 2014, 04:36:30 pm »

Blood Opal watches the scene calmly, only the slightest hint of glee in her eyes. Perfect. The only thing better than trouble was trouble that wouldn't get her in trouble. Then she heard the Nun, using her alien ideology to turn the alien crowd away from violence, and promptly decided to play a bit of devils advocate to stir things up.

"You talk of Christian Virtues? What about Vespuccian virtues? Must those be locked up and ignored as well? I came to this country because the men bleed red! A true Vespuccian man would never drop his pants, bend over, and allow an establishment such as this to have its way with the town!" In reality, Blood Opal had no issues with the nature of the brothel, or the sort of people who might frequent it, but she wasn't going to allow a perfectly good riot to go to waste either.

Work the crowd so as to counteract the good works of the nun.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 11, 2014, 04:46:44 pm »

Jim listens carefully, trying to figure out who is whipping up the crowd. After all, inciting a riot is a crime, is it not?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 11, 2014, 06:44:01 pm »

"Personally, I don't like presiding over a...duel, I guess, but I am willing to do so."

Jim looks a little uneasy about this, but is willing to preside over it.

prehapes it would be best if we found somebody else to preside then
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 11, 2014, 06:59:42 pm »

"Si, Padre, a godsend indeed it is."

Thinking about the price and location of the land I cough nervously.

"But the land lays in the Badlands. It is where the Natives live too... We will need laborers and protection."

I think a little longer about this whole deal.

"We can make it work Padre. We will need a translator best if he is a Native himself. We will buy the land first and try to negotiate lowest price we can get complaining on it's location. Then we will negotiate with natives - for a part of our profits they will work the field and protect it."

I smile, happy of the solution I came up with.

"What do you think Padre?"

Go on with the plan - negotiate lower price and buy the land first. Later try to find a translator upon a pretense of starting a farm together with the Natives, lie about what will be farmed if I must.

"Then we shall do so. Let us part ways for now; I shall negotiate a better price for our garden. I pray you luck in your task in finding a translator. I believe a nun who can speak the language is in town."

If we get bonuses when we negotiate together, bargain for a better price together. If it doesn't stack, I bargain for a better price while Josse finds a translator.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 11, 2014, 07:00:51 pm »

"Then we shall do so. Let us part ways for now; I shall negotiate a better price for our garden. I pray you luck in your task in finding a translator. I believe a nun who can speak the language is in town."

If we get bonuses when we negotiate together, bargain for a better price together. If it doesn't stack, I bargain for a better price while Josse finds a translator.

The Dealmaker Bonuses stacks, so it would help if you negotiated together.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 11, 2014, 07:09:15 pm »

The Dealmaker Bonuses stacks, so it would help if you negotiated together.

Mkay, we'll do it together then.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 11, 2014, 09:27:13 pm »

Jesus this looks amazing, hopefully I can get in.
Name: Joe Baxter
Perk(s): Saving Grace, Queen of dimonds
Detriment: Strong scent
Brief Bio: growing up as a child in a family of unremarkable farmers and cattle ranchers gave Joe a unique unquenchable thirst to be important, in some way, in any way would be fine to him because to him, anything would be better than obscurity and everybody who knew him would say it from the fire in his eyes when he really got going, and the gods seemed to like him too as every time he was cornered, every time he got blindsided by someone or something, he would always get out of it with another scratch to his collection, he really felt himself lucky and dangerous.

Of course, being around so many grass eaters do give some creatures funny ideas...

Items: Lasso, Worn Six shooter with a round of ammo, And wide brim Hat.
Money: 15 Dollars
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 11, 2014, 10:25:16 pm »

Jesus this looks amazing, hopefully I can get in.
Name: Joe Baxter
Perk(s): Saving Grace, Queen of dimonds
Detriment: Strong scent
Brief Bio: growing up as a child in a family of unremarkable farmers and cattle ranchers gave Joe a unique unquenchable thirst to be important, in some way, in any way would be fine to him because to him, anything would be better than obscurity and everybody who knew him would say it from the fire in his eyes when he really got going, and the gods seemed to like him too as every time he was cornered, every time he got blindsided by someone or something, he would always get out of it with another scratch to his collection, he really felt himself lucky and dangerous.

Of course, being around so many grass eaters do give some creatures funny ideas...

Items: Lasso, Worn Six shooter with a round of ammo, And wide brim Hat.
Money: 15 Dollars
well your the first to come in after the waitlist was set up so if the stomach wound is lethal you will be in next turn I guess
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28