Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28

Author Topic: \Legends/ - Simple Freeform Wild West RPG - Back to the Action  (Read 49984 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: \Legends/ - Simple Freeform Wild West RPG - The World's Strongest Nun!
« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2014, 12:02:25 am »

Ah, I wish I had found this game sooner, but it looks like it's all filled up.

Well, PTW.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2014, 12:12:28 am »

Well, PTW.

There's always room in the West! Well, at least until we get 15 or so people playing. But we're not there yet, feel free to jump in!
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 09, 2014, 12:30:37 am »

Surround the brothel with my newfound religious mob, and go inside to talk with the owner. Offer to spare him and his business if he either stops the objectionable activity or keeps it on the down-low, and gives me a quarter of his profits, to be split 50-50 between myself and Father Gregor.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 09, 2014, 12:44:23 am »

Well, PTW.

There's always room in the West! Well, at least until we get 15 or so people playing. But we're not there yet, feel free to jump in!
I counted 15 characters in the last update. But if you'll allow at least one more:

Name: Carter Duffield
Perk(s): Dealmaker, Queen of Diamonds
Detriment: Weakling
Brief Bio: Carter loves money, and he's heard there's a lot of it to be made in the West. He's come to New Jamestown and, through money, deals, and other means, he hopes to eventually own the whole town.

Inventory: Bowler Cap, Fancy Vest, Tie, Shirt, Pants, Pair of Double-Barreled Derringer Pistols in vest pockets
Money: TBD
First Action: Carter will ask around to see if any businesses are up for sale.

I kind of want to get into a rivalry with the other business-minded players in the game.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 09, 2014, 01:02:03 am »

Jim nods at the sheriff, then tips his hat at the foreigner.

"You look... Seugdian, I'd say? My pa knew a few Seugdians in his day. Most of them were crooks, but, eh, comes with the job. Anyway, I'm Jim, local deputy and the Sheriff's right-hand man. As he says, we don't have any money, but if you can help us out around here, I'll buy you a drink. Now then...about that brothel. I'd assume you know about it personally, boss?"

Jim has a quick verbal joust with the Sheriff, before heading off to check on the Brothel. He walks up to it and knocks on the door.

"Hello? Anyone in there?"

who is it
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2014, 02:42:31 am »

Playergamer, how do you want to handle this whole situation? Are you okay with me moving in with the mob, or are you too set on regular justice.? Also, Cheesecake, are you alright with the solution that I offered in the earlier post, about keeping the questionable activity hidden and paying us a quarter of the profits. Of course, this is all assuming I can get Tuypo to agree.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

akkudakku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 09, 2014, 02:49:08 am »

((We will have jeans soon! A Jewish tailor is bound to invent them! Also this gives me an idea - why not start spreading rumors of a gold vein? All the business minded players and bandits can get a share of the suckers money))

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2014, 04:31:51 am »

Playergamer, how do you want to handle this whole situation? Are you okay with me moving in with the mob, or are you too set on regular justice.? Also, Cheesecake, are you alright with the solution that I offered in the earlier post, about keeping the questionable activity hidden and paying us a quarter of the profits. Of course, this is all assuming I can get Tuypo to agree.
I'm all good with it.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 09, 2014, 07:39:05 am »

Jim continues to knock.

"Sheriff's deputy. Can you please open the door?"

Jim then notices the mob, and quietly tugs on his revolver.

"Woah, fellas. This brothel might be offensive to, well, all, of our delicate sensibilities, but it isn't breaking the law, and a giant mob conspiring to destroy private property is. Plus..."

Jim pulls out his revolver almost instantly, casually holding it, barrel down, and looking at the mob.

"If you continue to break the law...which one of you wants to come at me first?"

((My character is fine with people doing just about anything that isn't illegal, which I think this mob is.))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 09, 2014, 08:43:56 am »

Jim continues to knock.

"Sheriff's deputy. Can you please open the door?"

Jim then notices the mob, and quietly tugs on his revolver.

"Woah, fellas. This brothel might be offensive to, well, all, of our delicate sensibilities, but it isn't breaking the law, and a giant mob conspiring to destroy private property is. Plus..."

Jim pulls out his revolver almost instantly, casually holding it, barrel down, and looking at the mob.

"If you continue to break the law...which one of you wants to come at me first?"

((My character is fine with people doing just about anything that isn't illegal, which I think this mob is.))

Shit did you say angry mob quick get in here and help me out im in a bit of a bind break down the door if you have to
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 08:46:13 am by tuypo1 »
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

akkudakku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2014, 01:20:08 pm »

((Bit of a bind, good one :D))

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 09, 2014, 02:42:36 pm »

Keld halts the mob, and tries to explain what he plans to do.

Destruction, sir? Me und my vriends here only wish to give some... negotiation, no, sorry persuasion, to the owner to stop doing his homoscheck.... Homoschuck..man doing man. This is a peaceful... objection, no, protest. Please let me in so I may explain to the owner a plan I thought of on the way here.

((The way Keld sees it, he's protecting everyone here, both Tuypo from getting lynched, Jim from being ostracized for associating with Tuypo, and his own pocketbook.))

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 09, 2014, 03:29:29 pm »

"...you can go in. Without the angry mob."

Jim steps away from the door, letting Keld in, but blocks the mob.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 09, 2014, 05:09:01 pm »

Keld enters the building.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 09, 2014, 06:40:50 pm »

((Room for one more?))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28