Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]

Author Topic: Civilization V  (Read 71356 times)

HopFlash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization V
« Reply #630 on: June 29, 2014, 06:37:00 am »

All of them. Seriously. I find it impossible to play without the DLCs now.
If you don't want the extra civs which are dirt cheap, Brave New World and Gods and Kings are a must.
I totally agree!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Inactive Therian Saga Char: Stormhead
Dominions: 4.03 Berytos; 4.06 Pangaea; 4.08 Arcoscephale; 4.11 Shinuyama
Inactive Wurm Online Char: Stormhead

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 29, 2014, 07:25:36 am »

The Fritz is correct.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 29, 2014, 03:55:50 pm »

The map packs are totally optional, but I definitely prefer to play with everything.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 29, 2014, 04:39:20 pm »

Brave new world and Gods and Kings add so much that the base game feels almost like a demo.
Seriously now...
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 29, 2014, 05:11:22 pm »

IIRC the Complete Edition is cheaper than buying G&K/BNW individually anyway.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 29, 2014, 06:17:13 am »

So I really wanted to play as the Iroquois, but apparently forests need to be in friendly territory to count as roads for connections. What the hell is up with that? Are there any mods which make all forests count as roads at least for connections for Iroquois? It's not even worth the gold of buying tiles to connect cities via forest in the new world scenario since it's only 150 turns.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 29, 2014, 07:22:02 am »

So I really wanted to play as the Iroquois, but apparently forests need to be in friendly territory to count as roads for connections. What the hell is up with that? Are there any mods which make all forests count as roads at least for connections for Iroquois? It's not even worth the gold of buying tiles to connect cities via forest in the new world scenario since it's only 150 turns.

They are counted as roads... You only get road movement bonus from roads in your territory.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 29, 2014, 10:15:01 am »

Nope, they aren't. I had two cities which had a line of forests connecting them with no connection bonus. When I bought the tiles the forests were on they got the connection bonus.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 29, 2014, 12:43:18 pm »

Rak, roads only give a benefit WHEN THEY ARE IN ALLIED TERRITORY.

And to be honest, they already have the benefit of Ironless Swordsmen. I really don't want to deal with their Forest Highways as well unless I am attacking them.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 29, 2014, 11:35:13 pm »

That's not really true. That would mean that if you had two cities 8 tiles away they could never be connected by road. Roads work just fine at connecting cities when they pass through neutral ground. The benefit would be trivial really since it wouldn't help movement, just a few gold a turn, it would just make more sense.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 30, 2014, 01:28:40 pm »

Rak, roads only give a benefit WHEN THEY ARE IN ALLIED TERRITORY.

And to be honest, they already have the benefit of Ironless Swordsmen. I really don't want to deal with their Forest Highways as well unless I am attacking them.

The ironless swords aren't nearly as good in G+K or BNW.  Ranged units are just stronger comparitivly, and with iron being revealed at bronze workering, it's not as much as a boon.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 31, 2014, 05:41:26 am »

so i'm going for a cultural victory therefore i'm throwing culture left and right

game stuck send locksmith

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 31, 2014, 12:35:39 pm »

Does it seriously get stuck if you manage to achieve that (monstrously impressive) level of culture?   :o
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 31, 2014, 12:53:50 pm »

it takes a lot of gold-related shenanigans but you too can techrush to the point where you can just afford to build every single wonder available and it snowballs from there really (i mean, throwing gold at cultural city-states during said gold-related shenanigans is no problem)

and yes, you can't shift+enter out of this for some reason, gotta pick a policy yo
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43]