Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Who wants importet buildings sprites?  (Read 2878 times)

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants importet buildings sprites?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 11:43:36 am »

What?

the current merchants ingame also have a human sprite in the center. If someone is working, another human will walk there and do the job, same thing that would happen with the new sprites I made.

That's what I was asking. :)

I thought they'd just walk to the graphic and "disappear" inside of it and the graphic wouldn't change. If it still shows them inside, then awesome. I'd still be able to tell at a glance.

sjohne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2014, 03:54:37 pm »

I think this is amazing! Especially if we can find some talented graphic artist to create completely new building sprites for MW...

Let's hope it's only a question of time till some modder finds out how to "hack" the user interface and we can play our beloved DF in a completely remade interface with shiny 3D graphics that surpass Skyrim and co.!  ;D

TheKevroar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 05:59:50 pm »

Interesting feature but i'm not a big fan of it. I think it's diverging too much from DF...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 07:14:05 pm »

Interesting feature but i'm not a big fan of it. I think it's diverging too much from DF...
How can graphics diverge from DF, if all it does is replace tiles with other tiles?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

TheKevroar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2014, 07:02:43 am »

The game is made out of 12x12 or 16x16 (or whatever you want) tiles. The workshops are a combination of these tiles... and I personally will miss these combinations in the workshops. With your idea we will have one big tile/sprite for every workshop.

Sorry for my bad engllish

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2014, 04:03:28 am »

It will be easy to disable such additions so no worries.

Moridin920

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2014, 08:54:12 pm »

Looks pretty cool. Will this have an effect on FPS or not really?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2014, 01:10:41 pm »

Looks pretty cool. Will this have an effect on FPS or not really?
yes and no. the buildings themselves no, but the dfack plugin I need for this yes. Its the same that does item graphics and zlevels, and can be disabled.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2014, 02:09:18 pm »

If you add "item graphics", you might want to leave options to turn on/off parts.

I love the items and don't mind the multi z, but for those that have weaker machines or big forts, it comes to all or nothing.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2014, 02:41:18 pm »

I like it. Obviously the designs must fit to the pixel style of DF, but i like it. I see alot of potential in that.

Dwarf-Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2014, 03:02:14 pm »

The tiles are fine. They are something uniqe about DF. ASCI is too much but the tiles buildings we have so far are just perfect i think.
However its a matter of taste and i guess someone could make really good sprites.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2014, 07:43:57 pm »

I personally don't like it. but it should be fine as long as you are able to turn it off
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2014, 07:25:49 am »

I like it. I think if there are any artists working on sprites for workshops they probably are capable of fitting them in with the style of the tiles already in MW.
Taste my Paci-Fist
Pages: 1 [2]