Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Unique Buildings - Sprite Resources  (Read 15661 times)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unique Buildings - Sprite Resources
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2014, 02:33:02 am »

Holy handgrenade of awesomeness, Batman!  This is really REALLY cool!
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2014, 10:28:02 am »

just wow, if these get implemented into the different DF versions then HOLY COW.....oh dear lord....that made me cry^^.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2015, 03:54:44 pm »

Super-Necro, because Obsidian Soul brought the topic up. I all but forgot about it.

The new Twbt version makes this very easy.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2015, 09:36:14 pm »

I can see myself doing all the workshops / wagons in fortress mode in the phoebes style if someone would collaborate with me to do the scripting / coding.

Also, does anyone see the potential for trees and grasses?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2015, 08:17:03 am »

There is no scripting involved, but you need to write entries in one file, the override.txt which is included in Twbt.

Its one line per tile that is changed, so 9 lines for most vanilla workshops. Many people can help you with that, I'd do it myself if I had the time.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2015, 02:13:39 pm »

I can see myself doing all the workshops / wagons in fortress mode in the phoebes style if someone would collaborate with me to do the scripting / coding.

Also, does anyone see the potential for trees and grasses?

This thread was trying to get better trees and grasses if you read it you may get an idea of what can be done with it.

I'm pretty sure someone out there did a a overrides for most of the workshops (I'm pretty sure fricy has a copy of it), though it wasn't as indepth as this thread goes into just a tile change to more suitable existing tiles.

Melax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2015, 07:08:58 pm »

Be careful though, RPGmaker VX's rtp-graphics actually require you to own rpgmaker vx to use them, as in, use them legally. They're not 'free' graphics.

shouldn't there be lots of free community filesets which could be used even if you can't use RPGmaker itself?

not sure but https://vxresource.wordpress.com/category/resources/ looks like something you could use... guess there will be lots of japaniese sites?

EDIT: ok, guess you guys know the site already  8)  just found the basics of the 2 Merchants posted by Meph on the site   http://vxresource.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/tileb.png
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 07:11:05 pm by Melax »

Baleur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2015, 11:29:49 pm »

Seeing a 3x3 tile big dragon lumbering across the landscape would be awesome.
Or 2x2 tile big giants and such.

Even if there will be issues where half their body is "on top of a dwarf", i think its fairly thematic and accurate. Fighting a dragon, you WOULD be stepping on its legs and tail :D

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2015, 07:46:33 pm »

I apologize for the necro, but this seemed to be the most appropriate place to mention this.

Free 3D assets, though it's fuzzy on whether you can render DF assets from them.  May be of general interest to people interested in 3D models.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2015, 06:32:52 am »

Free you say?

All of the content is compatible with Unreal Engine 4, which Epic Games made free for download and use earlier this year. Rights-wise, Epic Games says that the assets are free to use "in any Unreal Engine 4 project, no strings attached." It isn't clear if you're allowed to rework the assets, or to use them in another game engine.

It should also be noted that this isn’t an entirely altruistic gesture: developers who use Unreal Engine are expected to tithe 5% of their gross revenue after the first $3000 (£2000) per product per quarterly period.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2015, 07:00:38 pm »

Free you say?

All of the content is compatible with Unreal Engine 4, which Epic Games made free for download and use earlier this year. Rights-wise, Epic Games says that the assets are free to use "in any Unreal Engine 4 project, no strings attached." It isn't clear if you're allowed to rework the assets, or to use them in another game engine.

It should also be noted that this isn’t an entirely altruistic gesture: developers who use Unreal Engine are expected to tithe 5% of their gross revenue after the first $3000 (£2000) per product per quarterly period.
And your revenue from a DF mod is...?
Besides it's still something interested people can inspect.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2015, 07:09:57 pm »

"in any Unreal Engine 4 project, no strings attached." It isn't clear if you're allowed to rework the assets, or to use them in another game engine.

No I merely meant that.
Pages: 1 [2]