Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What the hell is this!?  (Read 908 times)

Thomasasia

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Vampromancer
    • View Profile
What the hell is this!?
« on: August 01, 2014, 10:57:57 pm »

So I go to reclaim a ruin, and I see one that is inhabited, so I go to unretired it. This is a new world, fresh out of the oven, so I did not make and retire the fort. Its hardly a fortress, really just a little box that goes a bit underground. Then I realize that there are no dwarves there. None. However, there are 7 humans, and they seem to have the default professions when embarking with dwarves. I unpause the game, and my settlement crumbles to its end.  ???
"That way leads to the surface. We don't go to the surface."

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What the hell is this!?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 11:03:28 pm »

From my completely clueless and uneducated opinion, I'd say that perhaps it was generated with the world, although I didn't know that there was unretireable forts created.

When you unretire, the game moves forward two weeks doesn't it? So perhaps in those two weeks, hen last few dwarves died, causing instant loss upon un pausing?
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

Thomasasia

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Vampromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 11:09:52 pm »

But their death must have had a cause right? Perhaps the humans were just traders, as they were centered around a trade depot. and I actually think I might have seen a lasher or a crossbowman or something. But what could have been the cause of their deaths. And remember that not as much stuff happens during the added two weeks as in world gen.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 11:18:38 pm »

I have seen "Inhabited" forts that should be a "Ruin" if you go by legends mode. If I try to embark there, it claims that I previously retired the fort and am returning to control. Then it crashes the game. Clearly a bug exists.

Is there an existing bug report for this?

Thomasasia

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Vampromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 11:28:13 pm »

No idea. Should I file one?

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 11:35:06 pm »

I have seen "Inhabited" forts that should be a "Ruin" if you go by legends mode. If I try to embark there, it claims that I previously retired the fort and am returning to control. Then it crashes the game. Clearly a bug exists.

Is there an existing bug report for this?

That bug was pretty cool. Till you unpause and it crashes.