Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Upek Carnaldream, would-be usurper (adventure, 0.40.10)  (Read 1630 times)

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
Upek Carnaldream, would-be usurper (adventure, 0.40.10)
« on: August 25, 2014, 06:53:56 pm »

In 511, the human Pena Pinechanneled settled in Steamyfarm.
In 511, the human Pena Pinechanneled ruled from The Intricacies of Attacking of the Ashen Fellowship in Steamyfarm.
In the early spring of 514, the human Ado Twisthush suffocated, slain by the human Upek Carnaldream in Steamyfarm.
In the early spring of 514, the human Pena Pinechanneled bled to death, slain by the human Upek Carnaldream with a large copper dagger in Steamyfarm.
In the early spring of 514, the human Upek Carnaldream was struck down by the human Gicast Calledmists with a iron whip in Steamyfarm.
In the early spring of 514, the human Zilta Spunhound ruled from The Intricacies of Attacking of the Ashen Fellowship in Steamyfarm.

Being impatient, I decided to immediately tantrum and murder people right at the start of my adventure. However, I did have the forethought to search for nearby guards... the only one of which was in another room with his back turned! I sneaked over and started some trouble. I had thought to do it quickly and (relatively) quietly with a precisely aimed slash to the throat... and was foiled by armor. A scuffle breaks out... and I make due with strangling the sod. I walk away with a bolt in the liver, for the trouble.

Angry and in pain, I sneak back into the throne room and take my frustration out on the unsuspecting Pump-Operator-turned-Noble. The fop draws but doesn't get a chance to use it! I am again foiled when attempting to slash the fools neck - this time by a meer cloth robe. I recall that a dagger is not a knife, and use it correctly to finish the noble off. If only I had remembered this fact before the scuffle with the crossbowman!

Victorious, I limped my way downstairs and confronted a lasher, plainly stating what I had done, and that I was asserting my claim over the land. This... did not go so well - he was clearly not impressed. Unlike the Noble and his derelict guard, the lasher was prepared, better armed, and better armored. True to the name, the lasher is quick to his duty, and delivers the coup de grāce without delay.

My last try at this was with a spear... and that went much more smoothly. Next time, I'll go with a sword or hammer (haven't decided yet)

I'm liking this update and I've barely gotten started!

Oh - and the name was randomly generated!
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

jax3639

• Bay Watcher
  • [DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_BARE_HANDS]
    • View Profile
Re: Upek Carnaldream, would-be usurper (adventure, 0.40.10)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 07:57:51 am »

You: Not a half hour ago I slew Pena Pinechanneled.
The Lasher spits!
Gicast Ucesitsu, Lasher: That is terrible.
You: I'm in charge of Steamyfarm now.  Make way for lady Upek Carnaldream and The Council of Smoke!
Gicast Ucesitsu, Lasher: This must be stopped by any means at our disposal.
You: It's for the best.
The Lasher spits!
Gicast Ucesitsu, Lasher: Murderer!

This actually isn't half bad dialog
The bag weighs twice my dwarf right now, containing nothin but guts, vomit, and a dead kobold.