Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: ☼Glimmerring☼ - Human Fortress by the sea - Save is up.  (Read 40546 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Glimmerring☼ - Human Fortress by the sea - Warlocks have arrived.
« Reply #120 on: August 04, 2014, 11:09:18 am »

A sea gull. All altars stand on the beach towards the ocean, and you happen to be a member of the archers.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 04, 2014, 11:17:40 am »

I would like to be put in the game Coach!

I'm willing to be a male trader (A young one) whenever possible. Someone has to make nice with all the money loving peoples of the world... even if some of them are from hell.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Augster999

• Bay Watcher
  • You have discovered an eerie post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 04, 2014, 11:24:44 am »

So what can the GREAT AND POWERFUL TOB do for everyone, aside from killing uninvited guests?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #123 on: August 04, 2014, 11:28:29 am »

He can do muck, of course.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 04, 2014, 11:32:01 am »

Speaking of our gods, I take it we've already offered the bodies of that slain human caravan to them? After looting them of everything of value of course.

Also, is anyone else slightly concerned that Uja Freshlarvae, our Goddess of children, birth, marriage, pregnancy and creation is also the goddess of Blight?
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 04, 2014, 11:34:12 am »

Our offspring will be x-men. Confirmed.
Everything's in the news today

Nail

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud hypocrite
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 04, 2014, 11:34:43 am »

So what can the GREAT AND POWERFUL TOB do for everyone, aside from killing uninvited guests?
Don't you dare to question the GREAT AND POWERFUL TOB! Who are you to demand him to do stuff? He is a busy deity with all the muck he has to do! Are you maybe a seagull in disguise? Are you? I will slaughter all of those muck defying heathens!
left eye

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 04, 2014, 12:38:24 pm »

From Muck we rise to Muck we return!
what is muck may never muck again?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #128 on: August 04, 2014, 12:50:46 pm »

Alright, second year is finished. The slower calender speed really shows. Some thieves and snatchers, one titan and two werebeasts. No ambushes, no sieges, no horribleness yet.

Here the map: (Large image) http://i.imgur.com/4feZtJZ.jpg

I noted down a lot of things I want to fix/change, which is my todo list for tomorrow. I will make another large post today, showing the fort and upload a save, in case people want to continue playing this fort. I would recommend setting calender speed to normal, because we are pretty well established now. Might get boring after a while. I did butcher lots of animals, but even with 100+ humans and temporarily 100+ merchants/pets the FPS never dipped down from 150.

Galagaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 04, 2014, 12:54:38 pm »

I have seven children? Well, I'd say I'm pretty well-established already, lots of wet eyes during my funeral after I get taken out by a random goblin blowdart.

Nail

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud hypocrite
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 04, 2014, 01:02:21 pm »

Yes dad, we'll miss you.
left eye

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #131 on: August 04, 2014, 01:40:06 pm »

Part 19 - Second Year Report

All you need to know in one picture: http://i.imgur.com/DG1pT7x.jpg

It certainly isnt boring. The gnomes just arrived, and told me about their king. Apparently he is a large as a house and has only one eye. Somehow the little mountain people have found a cyclops to rule them.

A second werewolf attack killed 4 migrants that spawned next to him. I had to lock them out... even worse, it was a Frost Giant werewolf. One guy even survived the attack, he was kicked into a wall... not infected.

There are a few cagetraps that catch about everything, its amazing, really it is. I build them almost offhandedly, but they have are way more effective than anticipated.

We have three more guilds, but I did not finish upgrading them or building any industry around them. But if you want to have a look, the lower left corner of the fort has the Tanners Guild, the Smiths Guild, and the Engineers Guild. I do have to change the balance of Blackpowder a bit, as well as the power that pistols and muskets have. They need to be a bit better.

While a bit uneventful, it was quite nice not to have one problem after another. Helped with the tutorial part of the fort.

Parts that I have not touched yet:
Farmers, Cooks, Fishers, Jeweler, Carpenter and Tailors Guild. Even the 6 I build I rarely used, it was all trade trade trade... I had nearly no industry myself. I bought what I needed from caravans, mined gold and made coins. I could play another tutorial fort with no trade and only guilds, to show the contrast. ;)

Universities. They work like foreign merchants, but train skills for gold.

Colosseum. Test-fights against summoned monsters. I did not want to risk injuries on a map without fresh water.

Military Garrison. Sorry, no Squires, Knights or Paladins in this fort. They take 4 years to do, there would not have been enough time.

Most foreign traders. I actually wanted to create way more, but I quickly run out of gold, spending over 100.000 gold on steel platearmor sets and netherbark armor sets. There was the problem that civs with few tool types brought lots of contracts (drow for example) and civs with lots of tool types brought no contracts (gnomes, orcs, warlocks). So I couldnt really show those. I will add the ability to spawn contracts yourself in the Merchants Guild. I wasnt aware that the civs that are at war with you do not send liaisons, so you could never order contracts...

So yeah, even with a perfect run (no attacks), me knowing the mod and 2 long years (as long as 4 years normally) I barely managed to build ~33% of the mod features. Thats good. It means that there is lots to explore in longer forts, and that people that have read this tutorial have still lots to discover. The manual will explain everything not covered here, and I hope that people got a good look at humans, how to start, and how they are played in general.

And just now I do remember that I set out to build a fishing village with wooden piers on a cliff near a lake... turned out to be a heavily defended basalt castell on dunes overlooking the ocean.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #132 on: August 04, 2014, 01:51:37 pm »

Part 20 - YOUR TURN!

Here the save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9280

Waiting list for humans: Senshuken (youngish trader), everyone else is named.

If you want to continue with this succession fort, just grab the save and start playing. There are no rules, and you can do whatever you like. Posting about it, maybe even continuing to explain features to the readers would be nice, but is in no way required. I will certainly follow this thread, refine the version I have, and release the humans officially in 3 days from now. A second fort, a normal succession fort, not a tutorial fort, will be started then as well. Hopefully without gold and trade, and more on the guild and industry side. :)

I hope you guys enjoyed the little introduction into the human mod, and have fun playing it.

Hail Tob!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 01:59:48 pm by Meph »

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Glimmerring☼ - Human Fortress by the sea - Save is up.
« Reply #133 on: August 04, 2014, 02:36:51 pm »

so...shall we arrange turns?

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Glimmerring☼ - Human Fortress by the sea - Save is up.
« Reply #134 on: August 04, 2014, 03:11:33 pm »

How did I not notice this until now? Watching.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12