Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: ☼Glimmerring☼ - Human Fortress by the sea - Save is up.  (Read 40491 times)

Aggis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Glimmerring☼ - Human Fortress by the sea
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2014, 11:41:32 am »

Oh, nice! This will be fun to follow! Please add me to the waiting list also, preferably as the Executioner if is not going to take a too long time until a executioner is needed...   :D

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2014, 11:44:55 am »

Although it gotta be pain in the ass to use properly, what with gold being so soft and whatnot. But I guess that is humans for you; bling before practicality.

At least it isn't a gold sword. Flashy as all hell, absolutely useless in combat.
Everything's in the news today

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2014, 11:45:24 am »

Part 11 - Guilds - An Introduction

Guilds form the basis for your industries. As said above, you have 12 different guilds. They all center around the Guildhall. You build a Guildhall (empty) and upgrade it to the one you want. For each upgrade you unlock another Guild Extensions. There is one for the north, east, south and west, so in the end you have 5 buildings in total for each guild.

So it works like this:
 - Build guildhall.
 - Buy upgrades for a specific type.
 - Buy permits for extensions.
 - Build extensions.

Here our almost finished masons guild. I got three of four extensions done.

Its actually very simple. All 12 guilds follow the same guidelines, have the same prices and setup, so once you got one done, you know how to do the rest. A fully upgraded guild costs 19.000 gold, with 12 guilds thats 228.000 gold coins. (or 456 gold bars)

You can find a list of all guilds and buildings they unlock here:  http://i.imgur.com/H1eqFgd.jpg
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 11:55:19 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2014, 11:54:15 am »

OOC: Waiting list:
Jason, Engineer.
Splint, Sheriff.
CyberTripping, Girl Kid.
Hostergaard, something interesting.
Aggis, Executioner.

We have just been made a barony, which happens really quick (summer/autumn first year) as humans. So yeah, we might have use for a Sheriff or Executioner soon. Although I personally always think its a good solution to simply not make these, worst case is that the noble gets unhappy. Better than locking away important people or outright killing them.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2014, 12:32:38 pm »

Part 12 - Migrants #2

Hostergaard Deeprider, blademan and smith, with his pet bunny Murderhorns.

Splint Complexdrill, archer and sheriff.

Aggis, the executioner, with his bone journal and fur cloak. He killed an orc, a succubi and Zatalat Poisonedundignified the Tarnished Peak of Lies the prototype, d. 65, a seemingly pretty epic Automaton warrior. He instantly entered a fey mood.

CyberTripping, a seven year old girl that is already member of the carpenters guild.

Still no engineer for Jason.

`Aggis' Sitsuspepip has been quite content lately. 
He is married to Dema Scratchgripped.  He is the son of Shud Spotpages and Vicu Namejester.  He is a faithful worshipper of Nimma, a worshipper of Tob, a faithful worshipper of Issok Braveryharvested, a worshipper of Tura Brilliancecontrolled the Authority of Stabilizing and a casual worshipper of Ino Beachedseals. 
He is a citizen of The Smiling Nation.  He is a member of The Cotton Bands.  He is a former member of The Animalistic Societies.  He is a former member of The Celebrated Coalition.  He is the executioner of The Cotton Bands.  He arrived at Enercuro on the 25th of Sandstone in the year 101. 
He is fifty-eight years old, born on the 9th of Felsite in the year 43. 
He is very fat.  His very long sideburns are braided.  His very long moustache is arranged in double braids.  His very long beard is braided.  His hair is clean-shaven.  His nose is narrow.  His nose bridge is slightly convex.  His ears are somewhat narrow.  His skin is pale chestnut.  His eyes are sepia. 
He is agile, but he is very slow to heal. 
`Aggis' Sitsuspepip likes (fishing goods), white copper, soul gem, treant wood, bombs, cages, large gems and coins.  When possible, he prefers to consume barb and essence of marrow.  He absolutely detests flies. 
He has a great feel for social relationships and a lot of willpower, but he has really poor focus. 
He is often nervous.  He rarely feels discouraged.  He is unassertive.  He dislikes intellectual discussions.  He does not go out of his way to help others.  He has a sense of duty.  He scratches his nose when he's trying to remember something.  He often lowers his eyes when he's thinking.  He always takes a deep breath whenever he is surprised. 

`CyberTripping' Abuthkenom has been quite content lately. 
She is married to Gosath Splattercalmed.  She is the daughter of Ocgi Gearkingly and Siga Tattootusk. 
She is a citizen of The Smiling Nation.  She is a member of The Cotton Bands.  She is a former member of The Bands of Medicine.  She is a former member of The Society of Tenderness.  She is a former member of The Short Council.  She arrived at Enercuro on the 25th of Sandstone in the year 101. 
She is seven years old, born on the 24th of Slate in the year 94. 
She is average in size.  Her sepia eyes are protruding.  Her hair is clean-shaven.  Her lips are thin.  Her ears are somewhat short.  Her skin is pale chestnut.
She is tough. 
`CyberTripping' Abuthkenom likes red ethereal, bifrost, prase opal, feather wood wood, black marble gargoyle tooth, kodiak bear wool, pig tail fiber fabric, sugar, bodkin arrows, quivers, chains and chickens for their scratching.  When possible, she prefers to consume largemouth bass and orcish pear cider.  She absolutely detests bullfrogs. 
She has a great feel for social relationships, a great affinity for language, a great deal of patience and good intuition, but she has very bad analytical abilities, little natural inclination toward music and poor spatial senses. 
She is often nervous.  She is incredibly creative.  She is put off by authority and tradition.  She is organized.  She has a sense of duty.  She thinks it is incredibly important to strive for excellence. 

*CARPENTER GUILD* This woman joined the guild of woodcutters, carpenters and bowyers. Deforesting the area and making the best of these early resources are a welcome sight for any new settlement.

`Splint' Nedularat has been quite content lately.  She admired a fine Door lately. 
She is married to `Hostergaard' Deepriders and has 5 children:  Mobmu Whisperblossom, Cango Conjurelancer, Quamun Webspringy, Eman Surprisedanvils and Oxut Ancientboulders.  She is the daughter of Queh Whiskerdivines and Apuk Hammercomplexity.  She is a worshipper of Nimma and a faithful worshipper of Tob. 
She is a citizen of The Smiling Nation.  She is a member of The Cotton Bands.  She is a former member of The Council of Blocking.  She is a former member of The Group of Cuts.  She is the sheriff of The Cotton Bands.  She arrived at Enercuro on the 25th of Sandstone in the year 101. 
She is forty-eight years old, born on the 13th of Timber in the year 53. 
She is incredibly muscular.  Her sepia eyes are incredibly close-set.  Her extremely narrow ears are very splayed out.  Her hair is clean-shaven.  She has high cheekbones.  Her skin is pale chestnut. 
She is mighty, but she is quick to tire, very slow to heal and really susceptible to disease. 
`Splint' Nedularat likes brown lacquered, trifle pewter, ***FOSSILS***, the color radiant, knuckle dusters, statues, scabbards and hawks for their coloration.  When possible, she prefers to consume nothing and rat weed tea.  She absolutely detests snails. 
She has a feel for music, but she has a little difficulty with words and poor focus. 
She is very slow to anger.  She can handle stress.  She is relaxed.  She is entirely averse to risk and excitement.  She is often cheerful.  She is highly adventurous and loves fresh experiences.  She is guarded in relationships with others.  She is not easily moved to pity.  She lacks confidence.  She loves to make lists and keep schedules.  She is self-disciplined.  She is extremely cautious. 

`Hostergaard' Galkagite has been quite content lately. 
He is married to `Splint' Complexdrill and has 5 children:  Mobmu Whisperblossom, Cango Conjurelancer, Quamun Webspringy, Eman Surprisedanvils and Oxut Ancientboulders.  He is the son of Abo Beanclaw and Lico Lucidshow. 
He is a citizen of The Smiling Nation.  He is a member of The Cotton Bands.  He is a former member of The Council of Lining. He is a former member of The Group of Cuts.  He arrived at Enercuro on the 25th of Sandstone in the year 101. 
He is forty-six years old, born on the 3rd of Obsidian in the year 55. 
He is fat.  His sepia eyes are slightly rounded.  His sideburns are clean-shaven.  His very long moustache is arranged in double braids.  His long beard is arranged in double braids.  His very long hair is arranged in double braids.  His ears are short.  His eyes are slightly protruding.  His skin is pale chestnut. 
He is agile, but he is slow to heal. 
`Hostergaard' Galkagite likes light grey brick, aluminum, fire opal, steeloak, long swords, bucklers, boxes and bags, goblets and werescorpions for their huge pincers.  When possible, he prefers to consume giant roach, steelhead trout, gutter cruor and shade thorn spores.  He absolutely detests jumping spiders. 
He has a great feel for the surrounding space and an ability to read emotions fairly well, but he has a meager ability with social relationships. 
He has a very calm demeanor.  He isn't given to flights of fancy.  He is mostly unaware of his own emotions and rarely expresses them.  He is candid and sincere in dealings with others.  He lacks confidence.  He is organized.  He becomes very focused during conversations when he's trying to remember something.  He mutters under his breath when he's thinking. 

*JEWELER GUILD* This man joined the jewelers guild. Working with gems and glass, he produces finest tradegoods, windows and gem decorations. They are mostly seen near the clothiers, as worksmen from smiths, masons and carpenters guild laugh openly about "men" that join the jewelers.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2014, 12:52:59 pm »

This "Aggis" fellow sounds like the sort of guy who would part with some good coin for an artisan katana..

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2014, 01:15:11 pm »

My dear smake, getting orc traders needs an upgraded merchants guild... we are slowly getting there. But first more defense is needed. We have 10 men in the military, and only 1 copper sword. That I cant accept, we have to get rid of some coins to get up a smiths guild first.

Wait a minute, we can just buy weapons. Ignore my old thinking of "we need weapons, we have to forge weapons."

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2014, 01:19:40 pm »

That's right, you've got to think like a human!  It takes some getting used to I know  8)

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2014, 01:51:40 pm »

God dammit Humans! Engineering is awesome! Take it from a Gnome player!

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2014, 02:03:26 pm »

Hostergaard Deeprider, blademan and smith, with his pet bunny Murderhorns.

*JEWELER GUILD* This man joined the jewelers guild. Working with gems and glass, he produces finest tradegoods, windows and gem decorations. They are mostly seen near the clothiers, as worksmen from smiths, masons and carpenters guild laugh openly about "men" that join the jewelers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I love the names. Deeprider. Murderhorns. I sound like a biker who roams the world with his angry and scabby old bunny.
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

Rathgir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2014, 02:27:37 pm »

Married to the slayer of a Werewolf? I can deal with that. :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2014, 02:31:02 pm »

Part 13 - Advanced Trading

I just wanted to mention two things at this point that non-mod players might not know. One of them is a good old vanilla trick, the other is something mod specific.

Forcing caravans to spawn on a specific area:

This is rather important because humans get caravans from up to 10 different races, it will get busy later on. Thats why the bridge is so large as well. :)

The second thing is the "misc" section in the trading screen. You can order crates. Crates of stuff. Like gold. Or steel armor. Or books. All kinds of things. The traders will bring a very expensive crate the next time, and you can open them in a special workshop. Each race has this workshop, its the trade storage. It automatically queues the job to unpack crates. This makes caravans much more powerful, because instead of 3-4 steel bars, you can order 3-4 crates with 10 bars each. But they are more expensive.

Its also lots of custom mod items that you can order, and items of a specific material, which cant be done in vanilla DF.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 03:06:51 pm by Meph »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2014, 02:43:49 pm »

Fun Fact: Water in barrels still freezes in winter.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2014, 03:14:29 pm »

Community Vote:

We have 27.500 gold. Should we invest 20.000 - 30.000 in a really awesome adventurer that we hire in the tavern? If yes, which one?

InfiniteCastor

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely disastrous.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2014, 03:17:13 pm »

If we do, I say the mage. Can't neglect the beautiful magic system we've been given, can we?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12