Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should i add DFhack to this mod?

Yes. We need binary bugfixes.
No. We can add it on our own if we want.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: [0.40.08] Modest Accelerated Mash [Phoebus/Ironhand/Mayday/Spacefox/Obsidan]  (Read 46853 times)

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.08] Modest Accelerated Mash [Phoebus/Ironhand/Mayday/Spacefox/Obsidan]
« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2014, 05:16:20 pm »

I've no idea I'd test it myself but I don't really want to.. It seems like the dwarves are probably being exterminated you could try running legend viewer but there shouldn't be any strength differences between this and vanilla.

Wooster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.08] Modest Accelerated Mash [Phoebus/Ironhand/Mayday/Spacefox/Obsidan]
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2014, 04:56:13 am »

It seems like the dwarves are probably being exterminated
That's definitely not the case. I should possibly have been clear that the world just stops generating and is then playable: I am playing an early-termination world currently, and there are plenty of dwarves extant. My own civilisation has a king and four baronesses in addition to the fort I am playing, and I think there is another dwarven civ.

I don't know what it is, but it happens invariably at Years 30 and 50 precisely: I don't think any kind of in-game condition could ensure that was the case.

Is anyone else seeing this, or is it just me?
Unofficial Lazy Newb Pack 43.03, Dwarf Mode only
Favourite utilities, mods and hacks: TWBT and Stockpile Settings Management; Masterwork Dwarf Fortress
Ubuntu 14.04 / Mint 17

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2014, 03:59:42 pm »

I don't know what it is, but it happens invariably at Years 30 and 50 precisely: I don't think any kind of in-game condition could ensure that was the case.
Only happens in advanced worldgen: it stops at 30/50 years because the number of megabeasts is too low. Increase the number of caves, or set check percentage to -1.

Wooster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 21, 2014, 05:16:43 pm »

Only happens in advanced worldgen: it stops at 30/50 years because the number of megabeasts is too low. Increase the number of caves, or set check percentage to -1.
Fantastic: thanks!
Unofficial Lazy Newb Pack 43.03, Dwarf Mode only
Favourite utilities, mods and hacks: TWBT and Stockpile Settings Management; Masterwork Dwarf Fortress
Ubuntu 14.04 / Mint 17

notfood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cooking cheese produces milk that isn't in a bucket, you can't turn it back to cheese.

That milk can freeze, then you can actually cook it.

I'm not sure how to fix it.

Sefarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 01, 2015, 11:43:27 am »

Are there any plans on continuing this into the new versions of Dwarf Fortress? Or is there something holding up updates?

notfood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 02, 2015, 03:44:57 am »

I have mine updated, there isn't that many changes. I'd like to learn the magic they use to produce raws for every tileset so I could help more, I hope it's not a manual thing.

I can only share for Phoebus tileset: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zbz7y9b0397cz0q/Modest-Accelerated-Mash-Phoebus.40.24.zip

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.24] Modest Accelerated Mash [Phoebus/Ironhand/Mayday/Spacefox/Obsidan]
« Reply #112 on: February 02, 2015, 01:53:25 pm »

40.24 raw update to all sets.

Besides Toady's updates there's a couple of changes to the material templates to remove errors from the log.

Sefarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2015, 11:30:15 am »

Thanks for this. The base game doesn't run well on my computer in 2014. Needs every boost it can get.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2015, 08:16:46 pm »

I have mine updated, there isn't that many changes. I'd like to learn the magic they use to produce raws for every tileset so I could help more, I hope it's not a manual thing.

I can only share for Phoebus tileset: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zbz7y9b0397cz0q/Modest-Accelerated-Mash-Phoebus.40.24.zip

It's quite manual, but programs like winmerge or it's equivalent that lets you see the differences in the 2 files helps a lot. Especially when you want to change the plants and trees long process (I never want to do that again so time consuming..).

notfood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 06, 2015, 07:45:59 pm »

Has anyone else noticed the flying lungfishes? Is it an issue in the raw?

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 06, 2015, 10:46:15 pm »

Are they not suppose to fly? I thought they flew when it rained. Maybe you have weather effects off?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 07, 2015, 03:37:12 am »

Has anyone else noticed the flying lungfishes? Is it an issue in the raw?
Vermin can teleport.

It's quite manual, but programs like winmerge or it's equivalent that lets you see the differences in the 2 files helps a lot. Especially when you want to change the plants and trees long process (I never want to do that again so time consuming..).
My recommended app is kdiff3 for this, but with the git repo already set up it's way easier to do the different graphics set versions with a git gui app like Sourcetree.
You make the changes to one branch, commit, switch to another branch and cherry pick the changes. Rinse, repeat. Tag the commits with a version number and you have a release.
Git is a magical tool. :)

Amuys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can someone upload a version with working DFhack?

DwarfOfTheLand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just as clarification, this mod does NOT in any way alter how vanilla DF works?

So, no custom creatures and the variants?
¤MASTERWORK¤ Dwarf Fortress - V.3 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9