Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should i add DFhack to this mod?

Yes. We need binary bugfixes.
No. We can add it on our own if we want.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: [0.40.08] Modest Accelerated Mash [Phoebus/Ironhand/Mayday/Spacefox/Obsidan]  (Read 46901 times)

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [TEST] Modest Accelerated Mash - minor mods bundle 0.40.6
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2014, 07:16:23 pm »

For some reason the Spacefox version is throwing an error

*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region2/raw/objects/creature_accelerated.txt"
ANIMAL:Unrecognized Creature Caste Body Token: QUADRUPED_HOOF
ANIMAL:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: TAIL
ANIMAL:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: 2EYES
ANIMAL:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: 2EARS
ANIMAL:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: NOSE
ANIMAL:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: 2LUNGS
ANIMAL:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: HEART
ANIMAL:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: GUTS
ANIMAL:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: ORGANS
ANIMAL:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: THROAT
ANIMAL:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: NECK
ANIMAL:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: SPINE
ANIMAL:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: BRAIN
ANIMAL:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: SKULL
ANIMAL:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: 2HEAD_HORN
ANIMAL:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: MOUTH
ANIMAL:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: TONGUE
ANIMAL:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: GENERIC_TEETH
ANIMAL:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: RIBCAGE
ANIMAL:Unrecognized Material Template: WOOL_TEMPLATE
ANIMAL:Unrecognized Creature Token: PREFIX
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region2/raw/objects/creature_small_ocean.txt"
MUSSEL:Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:SHELL:SHELL
OYSTER:Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:SHELL:SHELL      <---- Probably caused by    [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:SHELL:SHELL_TEMPLATE] still being in there.

*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction PLANT_TO_FRUIT
PLANT_TO_FRUIT:Unrecognized Item Token: LEAVES

I have a version of phoebus from here that is exactly the same as that file though. Did you perchance do fixes to it in your new version thistleknot? I can see those 2 files are different between your latest upload and what the other phoebus has. The phoebus version (not the one you just linked) but the main page one has the same error.

What do you use to edit your txts thisle, it completely ruins opening them with notepad, notepad++ works fine though. Also dislike it throws up an error for winmerge.  :-\

I got *** Error(s) finalizing the entity MOUNTAIN
Unrecognized entity ammo token: ITEM_AMMO_BOLTS
*** Error(s) finalizing the entity FOREST
Unrecognized entity ammo token: ITEM_AMMO_ARROWS
*** Error(s) finalizing the entity PLAINS
*** Error(s) finalizing the entity EVIL
*** Error(s) finalizing the entity SKULKING
*** Error(s) finalizing the entity SUBTERRANEAN_ANIMAL_PEOPLES
Unrecognized entity ammo token: ITEM_AMMO_BLOWDARTS
Duplicate Object: inorganic SILICEOUS_OOZE

from your version, I just deleted the old graphics/ objects folder and implanted yours to test it on a copy.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 08:10:22 pm by LeoCean »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2014, 09:35:20 pm »

the first errors are related to modest bodies, and I undid and redid new changes to address those.

The ammo I fixed a while back as well, just jump up the commit line.  Here's the commits

https://github.com/thistleknot/BasedOnVanillaRaws/commits/40-06-phoebus-accelerated-modest-try2

The others I'm not familiar with.  Although... I haven't had any errors ATM other than a duplicate stone silicious ooze, which was just fixed.

I'm still new with github, and the changes are kind of rapid atm.  I just came to stop by and say I only just hit up on the multiple tree log types that I didn't address because THEY WERE IN A NEW file.  I always end up having to double back because I forget to check the NEW files...  So yeah, so far i've just checked the new plants and trees.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2014, 11:06:48 pm »

Shouldn't you be merging things that work back into the master set of files?  I'd like to try and help, but it's hard to see what your current working copy is.

I'm also having a hard time trying to understand the reasoning behind the choices that have already been made in the changes.
For example:
40.06 - material_template_default.txt  - BONE_TEMPLATE has tokens [BONE] [ITEMS_HARD] [ITEMS_BARRED]
phoebus-accelerated-modest-try2 - material_template_default.txt  - BONE_TEMPLATE replaces those tokens with [ROTS]

It's my opinion that the material_template_default.txt raws should largely remain unchanged from the 40.06 versions. Changing the TAN_MAT and such is acceptable, but changing the tokens that effect their usage would be unacceptable.  Creating new templates, such as those in material_template_accelerated.txt will make it more difficult to introduce new creatures that bypass the body detail plans and directly reference BONE_TEMPLATE.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2014, 11:35:13 pm »

To make it so that only one leather type and one food type from each animal is called you just reference CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL: instead of LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT right?

What's the reason something like this is introduced.

[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:WOOL_TISSUES]

Which gets rid of/replaces this: 
BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
      [SELECT_MATERIAL:HAIR]
         [STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:wool]
         [STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:wool]
         [YARN]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
      [SELECT_TISSUE:HAIR]
      [TISSUE_NAME:wool:NP]

Kindof thinking I may help out with the spacefox version of this or would at least like to customize my own personal version of the tileset with the reduced clutter of all the different types of leather stuff and meat types.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2014, 11:37:49 pm »

Shouldn't you be merging things that work back into the master set of files?  I'd like to try and help, but it's hard to see what your current working copy is.

I'm also having a hard time trying to understand the reasoning behind the choices that have already been made in the changes.
For example:
40.06 - material_template_default.txt  - BONE_TEMPLATE has tokens [BONE] [ITEMS_HARD] [ITEMS_BARRED]
phoebus-accelerated-modest-try2 - material_template_default.txt  - BONE_TEMPLATE replaces those tokens with [ROTS]

It's my opinion that the material_template_default.txt raws should largely remain unchanged from the 40.06 versions. Changing the TAN_MAT and such is acceptable, but changing the tokens that effect their usage would be unacceptable.  Creating new templates, such as those in material_template_accelerated.txt will make it more difficult to introduce new creatures that bypass the body detail plans and directly reference BONE_TEMPLATE.

please fork and show me what your talking about.

Update:

I'm not 100% sure on what files I can duplicate and what I cannot.  I tried to split a dwarf object between two files and that didn't work, so I try to keep all my changes relative to the location I'm changing them at.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 11:42:10 pm by thistleknot »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2014, 11:39:23 pm »

To make it so that only one leather type and one food type from each animal is called you just reference CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL: instead of LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT right?

What's the reason something like this is introduced.

[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:WOOL_TISSUES]

Which gets rid of/replaces this: 
BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
      [SELECT_MATERIAL:HAIR]
         [STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:wool]
         [STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:wool]
         [YARN]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
      [SELECT_TISSUE:HAIR]
      [TISSUE_NAME:wool:NP]

Kindof thinking I may help out with the spacefox version of this or would at least like to customize my own personal version of the tileset with the reduced clutter of all the different types of leather stuff and meat types.

question 1: yes

question 2:

not sure, that's how the mod's are.  They didn't conflict when I merged them unless I made note.  So that's how they merged.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 11:43:21 pm by thistleknot »

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2014, 12:01:19 am »

For example:

please fork and show me what your talking about.

Update:

I'm not 100% sure on what files I can duplicate and what I cannot.  I tried to split a dwarf object between two files and that didn't work, so I try to keep all my changes relative to the location I'm changing them at.
I wouldn't know what the fork to fork.  ;)

Simply compare the 40.06 material_template_default to the material_template_default in your latest fork, "try2".
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2014, 12:18:07 am »

the latest branch I'm working off of is

https://github.com/thistleknot/BasedOnVanillaRaws/commits/40-06-phoebus-accelerated-modest-try2

you'll see the commit for the billy jack changes.

but you'll see your's was a two commit job due to me including two many extra leather types.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 12:19:52 am by thistleknot »

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2014, 01:45:08 am »

I saw that you added the leather work that I had done for MW (and I'm cool with that).

However, I think that:
  a. We are hijacking Doren's thread as I haven't seen him address any of the discussion on moving the project to GIT.
  b. I'm not sure I agree with the methodologies currently being proposed and discussing them over threads/messages would be more typing than I care to do.
  c. I think I'm more interested in simply playing vanilla for now, but want to mod out all of the extra mats and uneeded items. So I'll be going at it on my own for now in order to maintain the flavor of vanilla.  It's the reduction of the mats and items that originally drew me to MW.

Good luck with your efforts, Doren / Thistleknot.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2014, 06:06:44 am »

Ye I did hijack this thread.

I'm sorry Doren. Accelerated mod was something I wanted to jump on as well.

Either way I hope you aren't discouraged. I didn't do ironhand or ASCII but I think the work can be carried forward to those tilesets. I bid this thread ado.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 09:31:03 am by thistleknot »

Doren

• Bay Watcher
  • On closer inspection, that dog is a dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2014, 03:51:31 am »

added Obsidian

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.06] Modest Accelerated Mash - minor mods bundle
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2014, 05:50:11 am »

Things I've done with this mod:

I think there's too many types of meat. I don't care if I'm eating brains, lungs or muscle tissue, since the game doesn't care either and it just creates extra hauling jobs after butchery. If you go into tissue_template_default and change all the edible tissues (eye, brain, lung, heart, liver, gut, stomach, gizzard, pancreas, spleen, and kidney) to [TISSUE_MATERIAL:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:MUSCLE] you will get just a single stack of meat when butchering the animal instead of separate organs. The total number of meals per animal remain the same and it has no adverse effects that I can see (though correct me if I'm wrong please).

Why was hair set to rot?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2014, 06:29:45 am »

About the meat: In masterwork I use 4 types. Meat, heart, stomach and gut. Meat is meat, heart can be used as food, but also sacrificed to gods, stomach can be made into a waterflask, gut can be made into rope. That way you have both less types, and each type has a use.

the heart sacrifice thing has no place in this mod of course, but the stomach/gut idea could. Otherwise I'd just go for all meat.

Sideeffect: It will be one stack, so its less hauling, smaller stockpiles, and less work to cook it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2014, 09:41:32 am »

Okay, goofing around with this mod I see much is the same from Meph's previous work. Since I don't like the extra leather I removed that feature, but I also culled a significant amount of stone, cut back on the gem types, and fixed the OP's broken creature_accelerated (QUADRUPED_HOOF changed to QUADRUPED_NECK_HOOF in the new version). You can completely delete plant_crops, plant_garden and plant_new_trees without breaking anything to remove all the new crops and fruit trees too.

Doren

• Bay Watcher
  • On closer inspection, that dog is a dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2014, 01:53:56 pm »

I think there's too many types of meat.
Agreed. It will be meat, heart, liver and "entrails" which include brains/guts/etc.
But no heart sacrifices ok? )

Why was hair set to rot?
Maybe for less clutter? I think it is better to wipe all the unspinnable hair, like cow hair and such. I think i'll fix it soon though.

fixed the OP's broken creature_accelerated (QUADRUPED_HOOF changed to QUADRUPED_NECK_HOOF in the new version)
Thanks. ANIMAL is not an ingame-creature though, but errorlog spam was kind of annoying indeed.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9