Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should i add DFhack to this mod?

Yes. We need binary bugfixes.
No. We can add it on our own if we want.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: [0.40.08] Modest Accelerated Mash [Phoebus/Ironhand/Mayday/Spacefox/Obsidan]  (Read 46905 times)

notfood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think PlantBugfix needs to be re-applied for 0.40.15... Button made a ton of changes.

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: INCREASE_FPS: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

Does anyone have the updated raws for 40.18?
"But I tell you what the Queen wants is impossible. The story of her mandate to create floodgates in our desert fortress cannot be told in less than 314160 stanzas! Art bows not to any dwarf!"

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile

These need some testing, any volunteers?

https://github.com/fricy/Modest-Accelerated-Mash/releases

Installation:
Either overwrite manually, or use any (40.19) starter pack: First backup your existing saves, unzip the mod into LNP/graphics and use the launcher to install. Generate a new world.

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile

These need some testing, any volunteers?

https://github.com/fricy/Modest-Accelerated-Mash/releases

Installation:
Either overwrite manually, or use any (40.19) starter pack: First backup your existing saves, unzip the mod into LNP/graphics and use the launcher to install. Generate a new world.

You are a golden god—been waiting for this. I'm on it.

Update: Issue with dorfs constantly trying to wash "skin" off their eyes still present. I assume that they still have generic "skin" as sweat. I fixed it by 86-ing dorfs crying/sweating capabilities adding the material templates below (spit was also missing), but this seems less than ideal. Plus there's the horrifying prospect of a layer of skin slowly growing over their eyeballs constantly and they cope with it by rubbing off the skin vigorously.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Update 2: Some dorfs seem to be wearing clothing made out of tallow.
Have not been able to reproduce this since adding sweat/tear material templates, doesn't seem related though. Could have been a particular animal my civ domesticated.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 11:54:14 pm by Ysyua »
Quote from: Ysyua
I had a trog give birth while scaling a wall. Just before one of my crossdorfs loosed a bolt at her. The trog baby drowned.
They said the walls were impregnable. You didn't have to prove me wrong by giving birth on them.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The sweat, tears and spit issue can be fixed, at least in name, by adding the following materials to creature_accelerated:
/snip
Have not been able to reproduce this since adding sweat/tear material templates, doesn't seem related though. Could have been a particular animal my civ domesticated.
Thx for the feedback.
For fixing the tears and spit I think sv-esk's solution may be better, I'll test it and patch either way. No idea about the tallow, I couldn't spot anything obvious in the raws yet, I'll try to learn some more modding fu. :) Some of the creatures looks a bit a messed up to me, I don't understand the thinking behind them, I'll see if I can up with something better.

notfood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I played a couple of dwarf years, everything going good so far. I haven't noticed any strangeness. I noticed the skin tears but it doesn't affect them noticeably.

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile

The sweat, tears and spit issue can be fixed, at least in name, by adding the following materials to creature_accelerated:
/snip
Thx for the feedback.
For fixing the tears and spit I think sv-esk's solution may be better, I'll test it and patch either way. No idea about the tallow, I couldn't spot anything obvious in the raws yet, I'll try to learn some more modding fu. :) Some of the creatures looks a bit a messed up to me, I don't understand the thinking behind them, I'll see if I can up with something better.

Yeah, sv-esk's is cleaner.

I wouldn't stress over the tallow thing. I had a good look too, nothing. I'm beginning to wonder if it was just an oddity from trying out the sweat/tear raws in a world I had already genned. I could have swore I made the changes and genned a new world, but I was doing this all in the middle of the night. Bogeymen, etc.
I had a trog give birth while scaling a wall. Just before one of my crossdorfs loosed a bolt at her. The trog baby drowned.
They said the walls were impregnable. You didn't have to prove me wrong by giving birth on them.

BraveHero400

• Bay Watcher
  • BraveHero cancels fight (running away)
    • View Profile

Thank you and ALL the !!FUN!! people responsible for all this !!FUN!! stuff! May your forts prosper and your alcohol flow like a river.
"Heroes are people who rise to the occasion, then slip quietly away" ~ Tom Brokaw
It is kind of hard to believe that this all happened in a game.
Game? THIS. IS. DWARF FORTRESS!!! *kicks some annoying emissary down the well*

Rogue Yun

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of the Carp
    • View Profile

Forgive me, I'm learning as I go along. This appeared to be an inconsistency worth noting. I could very well be wrong though.

http://s29.postimg.org/hxzcojbrp/capture.png

And are the pain receptors supposed to be lower than default?

.:Simple Mood 16x16 ASCII:.
Keep it Simple. Keep it Safe.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Forgive me, I'm learning as I go along. This appeared to be an inconsistency worth noting. I could very well be wrong though.

http://s29.postimg.org/hxzcojbrp/capture.png

And are the pain receptors supposed to be lower than default?
Not seeing pain receptor edits in the changelog, but I wouldn't be surprised if that came from Modest mod 34.11 because of this.

and the muscles:
Standardized everything except meats.

Rogue Yun

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of the Carp
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.08] Modest Accelerated Mash [Phoebus/Ironhand/Mayday/Spacefox/Obsidan]
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2014, 07:20:05 pm »

Thanks for being patient. Does this include why organs have been replaced with "guts"?

.:Simple Mood 16x16 ASCII:.
Keep it Simple. Keep it Safe.

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.08] Modest Accelerated Mash [Phoebus/Ironhand/Mayday/Spacefox/Obsidan]
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2014, 09:16:09 pm »

Thanks for being patient. Does this include why organs have been replaced with "guts"?

In injuries? I don't know if organs have been eliminated. I've had bruised lungs, hearts, kidneys, etc.

Wooster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2014, 04:08:32 pm »

This is an odd one: I can't get my worldgen to run beyond Year 50 on Smaller maps, or Year 30 on Pocket. (I can get at least as far as 280 on Small maps; my computer slows down sufficiently that I'm not running tests beyond this.) Doesn't seem to be happening on vanilla .40.19, but does here. Bug, or WaD?
Unofficial Lazy Newb Pack 43.03, Dwarf Mode only
Favourite utilities, mods and hacks: TWBT and Stockpile Settings Management; Masterwork Dwarf Fortress
Ubuntu 14.04 / Mint 17

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2014, 12:04:03 am »

Check your error log to see if it says anything. The one in the df folder.

Wooster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2014, 04:25:09 am »

Check your error log to see if it says anything. The one in the df folder.
Done it, re-run a bunch of worldgens to see what files change; nothing comes up in errorlog.txt. No suggestive comments in any of the other logs as far as I can tell.
Unofficial Lazy Newb Pack 43.03, Dwarf Mode only
Favourite utilities, mods and hacks: TWBT and Stockpile Settings Management; Masterwork Dwarf Fortress
Ubuntu 14.04 / Mint 17
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9