Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24

Author Topic: You are a D-List Batman Villain TURN 18  (Read 33934 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
You are a D-List Batman Villain TURN 18
« on: August 03, 2014, 01:02:11 pm »

Gotham. A city of dark and light. Host to towering wealth and staggering poverty. A dangerous place struggling to be safe, where great powers on both side of the law battle for supremacy, leaving chaos and debris in their wake... in other words, the perfect opportunity for someone like you.

Yes, in this city, anyone can become anyone! You have but an idea to your name, a new identity, but with this new name you shall become feared, poweful, and filthy rich. The powers that be are too busy with each other to notice someone new like you, and by the time they do, it will be too late! Yes, in this city, you shall achieve your dream! With your meager life savings in hand, you turn towards the streets to start your empire...

Rules
-You start with only your life savings, the clothes on your back, and your choice of meager dwelling. Life savings is 2d6*100 dollars.
-Powers, gadgets, minions, connections, etc will have to come later.
-You can be killed off for good, at which point you may respawn as a new character. You get a saving throw if something lethal happens to you, though.
-If you wind up in Arkham, escape is possible but difficult. If you want, you may respawn with the option to resume your previous character later.
-Mechanics err towards minimalist, but don't expect to go from Zero to Anti-Hero with a single roll.
-The Powers That Be will be moving around and doing stuff on their own.
-Try to keep the action centered in Gotham. Or else we risk bringing the wider DCU into this, and that's terrible.*
-I'm limiting this to 8 players for now, but may expand.
-Have fun!
Character Sheet:
Villain Name:
Gimmick:
Real Name (optional):
Short Description/Bio:

*No, I don't hate the wider DCU, but it would make a big headache for the GM.

Waitlist:
TamerVirus (Condiment King)
darkpaladin109
flabort (Greg, the page of doom)
Theodolus
playergamer (The Rat)
Tomasque
SaberToothTiger
BFEL (The Babe Magnet)
Reudh (The Dandy Popinjay)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 09:57:49 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: You are a D-List Batman Villain
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 01:05:25 pm »

What do you mean, gimmick?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 01:10:38 pm »

Whats your schtick.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 01:11:09 pm »

What do you mean, gimmick?
You're a lame Batman villain, so you need some schtick/theme that you cling to. It can be pretty much anything.

I.E.: "Bleach Man" who sprays bleach on people, dresses in white, and robs laundromats and dry cleaners.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 01:15:35 pm »

Villain Name: Shounen Man
Gimmick: Does stereotypical Shounen Manga things ie. eat loads, be stupid, scream attack names etc.
Short Description/Bio: John wears an orange martial arts gi al a Goku, as well as wig that looks like Goku's hair. He also wears a black facemask. John was an otherwise ordinary person growing up, his obsession with Shounen Manga aside, but when he was 18 he decided to steal all manga in Gotham.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 01:20:15 pm »

Villain Name: The Rambler
Gimmick: Misdirection
Real Name (optional): Joe Bridger
Short Description/Bio: Joe wears a pink trenchcoat over a neon green suit with an interrobang inscribed on it in neon yellow. He has a long beard, a top hat, and a ball of yarn shaped into a fake wig. Joe's life was scarred early on by an event he only refers to as "The war" and he has since turned to a life of petty crime in vengeance.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 01:20:46 pm »

Villain Name: Nine-Ion

Gimmick: Uses a variety of mechanically modified golf balls and clubs. (Or at least, he plans to. All he's got right now is some rusty golf skills and his sunday best.)

Short Description/Bio: An average desk worker, Eddie's life hasn't quite gone the way he's planned. The only thing that makes the pain of this life bearable is golf. But even that, has steadily become tainted. What happened to those dreams of being the best golfer ever he had in his fool-hardy youth?! Taken. Taken by the parasites that cover his life. But he'll show them all.

Wears a crimson red polo and some khakis. Wears a ski mask, with a pair of sunglasses and a golf visor over it. Has a golf bag slung over his shoulder most of the time. Of course, this costume is a work in progress, c'mon, you expect a guy with a desk worker's salary to have a full-fledged spandex get-up already made up?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 02:06:44 pm by SomeStupidGuy »
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2014, 01:21:15 pm »

Villain Name: The Griller
Gimmick: Kitchen equipment
Short Description/Bio: Formerly a part-time petty crook who spent his daylight hours working in the kitchen of a high-end restaurant, Theodore decided to combine his two passions when he was fired for sneaking too much food when he thought no-one was looking. It didn't help that he punched out the manager who confronted him over it, either.
He's a good-humoured fellow for the most part, despite his no-good ways, but he does have a rather short temper.
And a strange obsession with appliances.
A big, ungainly fellow for the most part, with a short mop of curly brown hair and a decent covering of flab over a muscular form. He has a broad jaw despite this, and a large nose that looks to have been broken sometime in the past. His eyes are green, his voice a loud bass, and his big mouth forms easily into either a broad grin or a snarl.
Has a small-but-noticeable scar snicking across the lower edge of his chin: he tells people it was from a knife-fight but it was, in fact, from wiggling too quickly through a chainlink fence to get away from the police after a bungled robbery.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2014, 01:21:56 pm »

Villain Name: Dogman
Gimmick: A Man with the powers of a dog.
Short Description/Bio: Simon used to work in an animal testing lab, until he was bitten by a dog undergoing some kind of top secret tests. Now he is Dogman, with abilities including but not limited to improved hearing, awesome sense of smell, black and white vision, the need to pee on things and an odd attraction to butts.
This is a blank sig.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2014, 01:22:56 pm »

Don't forget chasing cars.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2014, 01:24:10 pm »

Don't forget chasing cars.

Oh, there are so many cool and stupid things Dogman would and will do, don't worry. Marvel at my world class fetch skills! Panic as I dry hump your leg! Tremble as I incapacitate you by chewing all your left shoes!
This is a blank sig.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2014, 01:26:38 pm »

Eventual Villain Name: The Dragon
Gimmick: Dragons
Real Name (optional): Robert R. Maddox
Short Description/Bio:
Robert Maddox is a 27 year old man with slightly dark pale skin.  He has green eyes, but wears contacts to tint his eye color to be red.  He has slightly long black hair.  He is slightly weaker than average, but is faster than average.  He is serious when his mind is focused on a goal.  He sometimes builds plans that can go wrong in a variety of ways.  He has dragon wings tattooed on his back that he got from a night when he was drunk.  One wing is dark red and the other is bright green.

He is an atheist at heart.  He had recently lost his job due to an economic downturn.  He had been searching for employment, but his funds began to run low.  Under promise of mystic power and steady employment, Robert Maddox took up a job with a local cult, but only after he found out they worshiped a dragon so it could be passed off as something it was not easier.  Due to its few members and having recently joined the cult, he was stuck with the most menial jobs, but at least it is an income.

Before the downturn, Robert had been in a martial arts school, but due to how soon the downturn came up, he was only able to complete up to  a yellow belt.  He has learned the basic runes of the magic the cult uses to the point where he could have a general idea of what was occurring, but does not know the full extent of what is occuring.  Of the magic that the cult teaches, he is more schooled in Pyromancy and Geomancy, but is lacking in Aura Detection and Summoning, and is currently unable to perform any spells due to not yet having passed the lowest status of the cult.

Dwelling:
At one point he lived in an nice apartment building, then he lost his job and he wound up having to live on the streets.  When he joined the cult, they provided housing at their base of operations, an abandoned warehouse with old office cubicles making rooms.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 12:06:14 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2014, 01:28:00 pm »

So, how will you be deciding on which players to pick?

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2014, 01:31:15 pm »

There we go. Edited my villain into my other post.
Soon, Batman will face his doom at the hands of the scourge of the fairway!
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2014, 01:33:12 pm »

I'm curious, which version of batman is this?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24