Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24

Author Topic: You are a D-List Batman Villain TURN 18  (Read 33416 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: You are a D-List Batman Villain
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2014, 01:42:46 pm »

Villain Name: Dogman
Gimmick: A Man with the powers of a dog.
Short Description/Bio: Simon used to work in an animal testing lab, until he was bitten by a dog undergoing some kind of top secret tests. Now he is Dogman, with abilities including but not limited to improved hearing, awesome sense of smell, black and white vision, the need to pee on things and an odd attraction to butts.
Hmm, I did say no powers at the start, but on the other hand, this is hilariously lame enough that I might allow it.

So, how will you be deciding on which players to pick?
Depends on how many apply, but I'll lean towards those I think will last longest or supply most potential for Fun.

I'm curious, which version of batman is this?
An ambiguous one, with whatever traits from all versions necessary for this game. Tends heavily away from Camp, though. Sticks to the no-kill rule. At first, your character won't be on his radar, barring massively terrible luck.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2014, 01:45:13 pm »

Villain Name: Dogman
Gimmick: A Man with the powers of a dog.
Short Description/Bio: Simon used to work in an animal testing lab, until he was bitten by a dog undergoing some kind of top secret tests. Now he is Dogman, with abilities including but not limited to improved hearing, awesome sense of smell, black and white vision, the need to pee on things and an odd attraction to butts.
Hmm, I did say no powers at the start, but on the other hand, this is hilariously lame enough that I might allow it.

More than happy to start as mild mannered Simon Hound humbly working in a lab for the first few turns leading up to the inevitable bite and conversion into DOGMAN!!!
This is a blank sig.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2014, 01:46:26 pm »

Would my 'evolving over time' powers be allowed?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2014, 01:49:21 pm »

Frank Miller's versions would probably be funniest.

Anywho, sheet!

Villain Name: Schoolgirl
Gimmick: well, being a schoolgirl. She's not very creative.
Real Name (optional): Leah Liberty Lansbury
Short Description/Bio: 16 years old and full of hormones and violent impulses, Schoolgirl decided to start her own street gang, similarly composed of other schoolgirls. She even made herself a black bowler hat (because she vaguely remembers the opening scene of A Clockwork Orange and thought it looked kind of cool) and domino mask to go with her Catholic school uniform, so she's feeling really optimistic about this now.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2014, 01:53:04 pm »

Villain Name: SOUNDCLOWN (all caps only forever)
Gimmick: soundfuckery
Real Name (optional): abraham issac rihorn
Short Description/Bio: abraham was a regular 31 year old creator of music but then he fell into a vat of fev had an angel deliver his destiny to him on a piece of blessed parchment went batshit insane after having batman kill all his relatives because of littering he turned to supervillianry because who gives a shit about music in the age of digital piracy and other shenanigans which left him in debt that allowed him to keep his life savings had his wife fuck off to metropolis and start dating some guy working in construction while his kids went to he doesn't even know where

is that silly enough i'm not sure

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2014, 01:55:21 pm »

If I'm counting correctly, we have 8 people.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2014, 01:57:40 pm »

Villain Name: Ze Frenchman
Gimmick: Being dangerously French
Real Name (optional): Pierre Lefou
Short Description/Bio: Sporting ze magnificent moustache, it is Ze frenchman's mission to liberate all the cheese and the wine from the miscriants of Gotham. These people would not know good cheese if it were to hit them in the face, a statement he is dying to test out some day. Looking like a stereotypical frenchmen and using all sorts of cheese and baguette themed items, he will bring Gotham to it's knees and shape it into something beautiful. He will shape it into Nouveau Paris!

In reality, Pierre is merely a french immigrant who has become disillusioned with the way life is in Gotham.

((And you can't say that using such steroetypes is offensive to French people. Cause I'm not offended. ))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2014, 01:59:09 pm »

Would my 'evolving over time' powers be allowed?
You'd have to go the Copperhead route, starting out with something exceptionally lame and getting something cooler later. Modify it so that your starting point and initial methods are something cheesier. Occult stuff can always happen later.

If I'm counting correctly, we have 8 people.
Looks like. I've got some chores to do, so it may take a bit for the verdict. Might allow more depending on contents of character sheets.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2014, 01:59:36 pm »

Villain Name: Ze Frenchman
Gimmick: Being dangerously French
Real Name (optional): Pierre Lefou
Short Description/Bio: Sporting ze magnificent moustache, it is Ze frenchman's mission to liberate all the cheese and the wine from the miscriants of Gotham. These people would not know good cheese if it were to hit them in the face, a statement he is dying to test out some day. Looking like a stereotypical frenchmen and using all sorts of cheese and baguette themed items, he will bring Gotham to it's knees and shape it into something beautiful. He will shape it into Nouveau Paris!

In reality, Pierre is merely a french immigrant who has become disillusioned with the way life is in Gotham.

((And you can't say that using such steroetypes is offensive to French people. Cause I'm not offended. ))
((Why is he named Pierre instead of Jacque?))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2014, 02:01:26 pm »

You'd have to go the Copperhead route, starting out with something exceptionally lame and getting something cooler later. Modify it so that your starting point and initial methods are something cheesier. Occult stuff can always happen later.

So I can't have very slight fire resistance, improved memory, increased greed, and decreased morality?
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2014, 02:07:59 pm »

Simultaneously the funniest, and most terrifying.
Snatch a purse from some random woman prostitute and he'll probably put ya in traction.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2014, 02:09:17 pm »

So I can't have very slight fire resistance, improved memory, increased greed, and decreased morality?
Decreased morality maybe, but powers are something you'd have to acquire later. You'll have to start out as a rather low-end crook, probably with a dragon-themed schtick, then run into the ritual later.

Simultaneously the funniest, and most terrifying.
Snatch a purse from some random woman prostitute and he'll probably put ya in traction.
The Batman in this game will indeed most likely beat you to a pulp.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2014, 02:11:15 pm »

((I just happen to like Pierre more. I would have gone with Jean-Pierre, but that's too much frenchness even for me to handle))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2014, 02:24:29 pm »

Decreased morality maybe, but powers are something you'd have to acquire later. You'll have to start out as a rather low-end crook, probably with a dragon-themed schtick, then run into the ritual later.

Could I start just before he enters the area the ritual is occuring?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2014, 02:27:14 pm »

((I just happen to like Pierre more. I would have gone with Jean-Pierre, but that's too much frenchness even for me to handle))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Man, I should have named my guy the Griddler, for maximum wordplay levels.
Also Zanzy, do you really need to have superpowers? Building up from hapless mookdom to supervillainry is kinda the point.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24