Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.06 Released  (Read 40965 times)

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.06 Released
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2014, 05:39:49 pm »

That's cool, that stack issues finally fixed, Thanks, Toady
But also i've got a question:
I just made new fortress. After building underground farming plot i noticed that list of available plants became significantly larger, so it seems for me that now i can grow (or at least may try to grow) plants, such as grape and blueberries, underground. Is it true or am i missing something? Thanks in advance :)

UPD: i found, what's happened: since destroying of roots now doesn't destroy tree itself, i was able to dig out place for plot through tree roots without touching anything above. So my plot was then placed under the tree without roots and tile under that tree got status "Light / Above ground". After i fell that tree, nothing changed.
I'm still not sure it supposed to work like this.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 05:54:53 pm by HaterSkater »
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Duerer TWBT tileset v.0.6.A

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2014, 05:49:02 pm »

Thanks so much for the bug fixes! 

Hopefully the problems with invasions will be fixed soon, if they don't need drastic reworking of the game to fix.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2014, 05:49:09 pm »

Seems like a bug to me, if the plot doesn't have any light shining down on it.  Perhaps the light columns are broken.

(*) Made scarred over wounds to broken functional layers continue to impair function

What does this mean exactly?

If an eye for example suffers a red wound, and it later scars over, the eye will still be blind (should be a cyan wound).

So, sparring is still broken (trains wrestling only)?  I don't see any bug fixes related to it.

There was that fix involving weapon use from before, but I haven't done anything new.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2014, 05:51:17 pm »

(*) Made scarred over wounds to broken functional layers continue to impair function

What does this mean exactly?
That people stabbed in the eye won't magically recover their whole eyeball over time and continue to see.

So, sparring is still broken (trains wrestling only)?  I don't see any bug fixes related to it.
Nope, this release is all about stacking, ui, and dragging around animals.

I just made new fortress. After building underground farming plot i noticed that list of available plants became significantly larger, so it seems for me that now i can grow (or at least may try to grow) plants, such as grape and blueberries, underground. Is it true or am i missing something? Thanks in advance :)
This is because tree-trunks let through light, putting your plot half outside, half inside. Both are reported on the tracker.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2014, 05:55:38 pm »

Great job sqaushing bugs there, yet again.

(*) Made jobs requiring several e.g. bones not need many individual stacks
(*) Stopped decoration job from consuming entire stacks

I'm not exactly sure what that means.
Does that mean my butcher workshops will get even more cluttered now? I've got 3 bonecrafters on full time bolt / engrave duty in 40.05. and they already can't keep up with bones from butchering the 4 species I'm breeding, dogs, cats, badgers and porcupines. Have to tear down and remake the butcher shops every now and then to unclutter them.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2014, 05:56:45 pm »

Does that mean my butcher workshops will get even more cluttered now? I've got 3 bonecrafters on full time bolt / engrave duty in 40.05. and they already can't keep up with bones from butchering the 4 species I'm breeding, dogs, cats, badgers and porcupines. Have to tear down and remake the butcher shops every now and then to unclutter them.

Things like bone greaves shoudn't require three stacks of bones, but take three bones from one stack, for example.

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2014, 05:58:18 pm »

Perhaps the light columns are broken.

This is because tree-trunks let through light, putting your plot half outside, half inside. Both are reported on the tracker.

Yes, i just figured it out, thanks
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Duerer TWBT tileset v.0.6.A

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2014, 06:08:31 pm »

Great job sqaushing bugs there, yet again.

(*) Made jobs requiring several e.g. bones not need many individual stacks
(*) Stopped decoration job from consuming entire stacks

Bolts should still use one bone per bolt, so I wouldn't expect more clutter from bolt-making. The clutter you experienced in the past may have been due to this bug, which appears to have been fixed.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2014, 08:10:27 pm »

Thanks muchly, First Toad.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2014, 09:09:01 pm »

UPD: i found, what's happened: since destroying of roots now doesn't destroy tree itself, i was able to dig out place for plot through tree roots without touching anything above. So my plot was then placed under the tree without roots and tile under that tree got status "Light / Above ground". After i fell that tree, nothing changed.

Sounds like this report.

Daonitre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2014, 10:55:18 pm »

As soon as I get use to the current version and have a half decent base going...
   (*) Stopped announcement of theft of hidden reclaimed underground objects
   (*) Stopped birth announcements for hidden creatures and separated wild/tame animal birth announcements
   (*) Stopped hidden/forbidden buildings from being listed in lever link menu
   (*) Stopped hidden/forbidden buildings from appearing in room list
   (*) Stopped hidden items from appearing in military equipment lists
   (*) Made building/stockpile menus to respect different window heights
   (*) Removed requirement that a creature have a baby/child state to breed
   (*) Fixed problem causing multiple plant listings in stockpile
...I have a reason to go try out a new version (these are all the things that are actually giving me issues in the 40.05 build I was using). I imagine that this will work with the 40.05 saves? Should I need to point out the obvious rush to the !science! of breeding dragons now that they no longer require a child tag? ... maybe I'll just gen a few new worlds and see how the dragon count differs (using a preset DFPerfectWorld style).
I either hate you or love you... I can't decide which, but if you keep this up i'm going to start throwing money at you.
Me:"Say, you don't know where the Titan is, do?"
"In the early spring of 125, he died after colliding with an obstacle."

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2014, 11:06:44 pm »

Praise the Toad!

Back from vacation (early), so after I unpack in the morning I'll dig in. DERGS FOR TYE DERG THRONE no seriously I want a dragon fortress in vanilla now

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2014, 12:40:10 am »

This is actually a really old bug. If a plot is exposed to light it will always be considered aboveground. On the one hand, this means that you can build a greenhouse out of glass to grow aboveground plants, which is nice. On the other hand, you can basically end up only growing above ground plants underground.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2014, 02:07:27 am »

Removed requirement that a creature have a baby/child state to breed

Nice.  This will make modding in creatures that undergo metamorphosis much easier.

Getix Kain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2014, 02:57:29 am »

Is this release save-compatible with 40.05? I have a fortress (started Yesterday..) in 40.05... :(
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4