Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.06 Released  (Read 41223 times)

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.06 Released
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2014, 05:09:37 am »

Spoiler materials still show up in preferences, apparently the cloth type spoiler mats were overlooked.

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2014, 06:11:10 am »

Thanks again for the update.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2014, 06:54:21 am »

Is this release save-compatible with 40.05? I have a fortress (started Yesterday..) in 40.05... :(
Yes, as far as I can tell - loading saves from 0.40.04 and 0.40.05 works.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2014, 10:57:03 am »

Removed special materials from dwarf prefs

No more slade mandates? And after modding no more 'Urist likes exploding dfhack dickery' ?

Spoiler materials still show up in preferences, apparently the cloth type spoiler mats were overlooked.

Aww, at least if that take out the inorganic materials this severely reduce the problem.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2014, 12:46:08 pm »

Was it the material or the clothing item type?  I'm seeing the check for the material itself in 0.40.06, but the items were overlooked, and I've now fixed that for next time.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2014, 09:26:38 pm »

So, sparring is still broken (trains wrestling only)?  I don't see any bug fixes related to it.
I have a fortress in 0.40.05 and my dwarves seem to be sparring fine. Well, I haven't really paid attention to their skills and they already had military skills when I drafted everybody, but the military's been going for about two years and they're all pretty high level at their weapon skills (Most of those two years they were without weapons which is why they're not legendary or anything) and none of them are rusty so it probably works okay.
Removed requirement that a creature have a baby/child state to breed

Nice.  This will make modding in creatures that undergo metamorphosis much easier.
Also, WHOA! How are you doing that?! I came up with a few ideas about it myself, but I was pretty sure it would be impossible.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2014, 10:37:05 pm »

So, sparring is still broken (trains wrestling only)?  I don't see any bug fixes related to it.
I have a fortress in 0.40.05 and my dwarves seem to be sparring fine. Well, I haven't really paid attention to their skills and they already had military skills when I drafted everybody, but the military's been going for about two years and they're all pretty high level at their weapon skills (Most of those two years they were without weapons which is why they're not legendary or anything) and none of them are rusty so it probably works okay.

Nice.  This will make modding in creatures that undergo metamorphosis much easier.
Also, WHOA! How are you doing that?! I came up with a few ideas about it myself, but I was pretty sure it would be impossible.

These days when they spar they only wrestle. They gain weapon skill from individual combat drills. If they do that a lot, they get a high weapon skill.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2014, 12:38:20 am »

These days when they spar they only wrestle. They gain weapon skill from individual combat drills. If they do that a lot, they get a high weapon skill.

(report)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2014, 09:08:14 am »

When will you be patching the problem with world generation that half of every worlds generated have a large portion of the civilizations killed before they even get started by mega beasts?  I have to turn mega beasts to practically Zero to ensure it doesnt happen, so its not really balanced at this point.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2014, 09:46:29 am »

When will you be patching the problem with world generation that half of every worlds generated have a large portion of the civilizations killed before they even get started by mega beasts?  I have to turn mega beasts to practically Zero to ensure it doesnt happen, so its not really balanced at this point.

Generally, the best way to get bugs fixed is to make a report on the bug tracker.   There doesn't seem to be an existing report -- the closest I could find is kinda the opposite problem: 0005621: megabeasts die in world gen way too often

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2014, 10:27:35 am »

Generally, the best way to get bugs fixed is to make a report on the bug tracker.   There doesn't seem to be an existing report -- the closest I could find is kinda the opposite problem: 0005621: megabeasts die in world gen way too often

They still die too often, so I wonder what the real problem is.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2014, 11:17:31 am »

Might the civilians die because they have zero discipline, possibly switching to flee mode during most fights?
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2014, 11:51:35 am »

I don't think the Discipline skill is a factor in world gen battle...
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2014, 03:11:03 pm »

The basic principle is to make a creature with two castes, a common 'child' caste and an 'adult' caste with a very low POP_RATIO (it would be nice if we could make castes with a POP_RATIO of 0 so that they never appear naturally, but that still doesn't work), and give the child caste a self-targeting interaction that transforms it into the 'adult' caste after a certain amount of time.

You can even make coral-like organisms with a mobile juvenile stage and an immobile adult stage, if they mate while they are still mobile they can give birth even as immobile adults (but only once - it would be nice if immobile creatures could breed normally, but they can't).  I've made creatures like this, but they require a 2 year delay between generations since they would need to grow up first before advancing to their adult stage.  Now that the CHILD tag is no longer needed, multi-stage animals with a fast reproductive cycle should work too.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2014, 02:08:41 am »

The basic principle is to make a creature with two castes, a common 'child' caste and an 'adult' caste
You can even make coral-like organisms with a mobile juvenile stage and an immobile adult stage, if they mate while they are still mobile they can give birth even as immobile adults (but only once - it would be nice if immobile creatures could breed normally, but they can't).

Can creatures mate before they reach adult stage? Huh.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4