Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A vampire that everyone KNOWS is a vampire won't admit it!  (Read 6506 times)

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A vampire that everyone KNOWS is a vampire won't admit it!
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2014, 01:19:56 pm »

You know who else has trouble facing up to the truth? Were-creatures. I've been finding naked people living alone in caves, and when I accuse them, they try to act like I'm the bad guy! They're super easy to kill in their human form. Maybe I am the bad guy?
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Monsterfurby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2014, 01:52:26 pm »

I have a similar problem where I'll accuse vampires of being night creatures, and, upon doing so, they will boast about who they've killed or say a comment on the weather instead of confirming my suspicion and entering combat.
Kasp Swordbeer, prospective vampire slayer: "I am Kasp Swordbeer, and I shall slay you where you stand, you night-prowling beast of shadow!"

Kol Drunkenpregnancies, vampire: "Nice weather we're having."

If he says so at night, when no sunlight can reach him - that's practically a confession. Stabbity stab stab!

Erzrzore gur Vapvqrag.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2014, 04:19:13 pm »

I have a similar problem where I'll accuse vampires of being night creatures, and, upon doing so, they will boast about who they've killed or say a comment on the weather instead of confirming my suspicion and entering combat.
Kasp Swordbeer, prospective vampire slayer: "I am Kasp Swordbeer, and I shall slay you where you stand, you night-prowling beast of shadow!"

If he says so at night, when no sunlight can reach him - that's practically a confession. Stabbity stab stab!

I agree with your reasoning, and with your solution.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2014, 12:24:49 pm »

It was probably heard by others when he denied it. This "knowledge" travels.
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2014, 04:01:50 pm »

Kek, they just keep changing subject. Remember when some night troll denied being a creature of the night?

Vapires need another detection way, like showing a croos/holy symbol to see if they get scared or looking at their teeth.
well the thing with night creatures is that they don't really answer back to that question, it's really just a weirdly spelled out form of "are you a vampire?" so yes the night troll isn't a Vampire.
then again you could just catch them in the act which is a possibility though pretty much a quest of it's own.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 [2]