Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hurrah for elven goblins  (Read 1645 times)

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
Hurrah for elven goblins
« on: August 04, 2014, 09:38:52 am »

I have to say that I LOVE the way the invaders and traders are taken from the civ populations.
I knew this could happen but it still brings a smile on my face when it actually happens and a vile force of darkness composed entirely of elves dressed as gobbos arrives. Nice and squishy elves clad in goblinite. Like little gift boxes with pointy ears walking to my doorsteps. Happy day
The closest goblin civ to my fortress has conquered multiple elven forest retreats and because of that all of my goblin invaders thus far have been elves.
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Lafiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hurrah for elven goblins
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 10:20:31 am »

I feel your happiness. Sounds like the best of both worlds.

Sda209

• Bay Watcher
  • Writer and Persona-user
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 11:24:14 am »

What more could dwarves ask when their pointy-eared rivals arrive adorned in goblinite? :D

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 11:44:16 am »

What more could dwarves ask when their pointy-eared rivals arrive adorned in goblinite? :D
How about, not an overpowered enemy?

No seriously, Elves have raw-wise superior agility and strength, to the point that modding them to have metal weapons makes them come out on top during worldgen all the time.

I'd be careful if I were you OP.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 12:21:01 pm »

Now that elven wood is a different material than regular wood i'm thinking of going into the raws and improving the density and ability to hold an edge of these new "grown" woods.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 12:36:43 pm »

Now that elven wood is a different material than regular wood i'm thinking of going into the raws and improving the density and ability to hold an edge of these new "grown" woods.
I recall hearing that this was planned for the future. Elves' wooden armor and weapons would be as good as metal equipment, with the lore being that the wood was magically enchanted with the power of nature or some elvish thing.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Rum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 01:17:43 pm »

I alwyas mod elves to use metal weapons, and now in this version for whatever reason they keep their "grown" modifers.  IIRC it doesnt do anything but make grown wooden items tradeable to elves but "grown bronze longswords" sound pretty dope.