Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Liaison leaves if you don't want a baron  (Read 1469 times)

dexxy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Liaison leaves if you don't want a baron
« on: August 05, 2014, 09:22:08 pm »

So the liaison noticed what a fantastic fort Ucatrorung is, and asked if somebody would like to be baron. Okay I thought, and went to the select a baron window. Then i realised that I didn't know who to choose, what if they like pig iron daggers and keep making wacky mandates. So I chose abort. The liaison left immediately, without discussing a trade agreement. Shouldn't he do a trade agreement even if I didn't choose a baron?

Next year he arrived again and said what a great fort Ucatrorung is and how fantastic it would be if we had a baron. But we already have the queen and a mayor, so why do we need a baron? We told the liaison that we don't need no baron. He left immediately, without discussing a trade agreement. If he was an elf or something he could get killed for that.

The next year the liaison arrived yet again and suggested quite strongly that it might be a good idea to have a baron. This time we said yes. Not because we wanted a baron, but because we wanted a trade agreement. Which the liaison then kindly gave us.

Shouldn't a city be able to refuse a baron and still get a trade agreement?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Liaison leaves if you don't want a baron
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 10:01:20 pm »

Known bug dating back to 0.31 - for whatever reason, cancelling the Baron appointment aborts the entire meeting rather than just skipping to the next topic.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

fluffhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Liaison leaves if you don't want a baron
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 10:47:25 am »

Don't tell me you don't want a BARON!  How dare you!  If you don't want a Baron, Imma just going to rip up this here trade agreement.  [Riiiiiiip]. What trade agreement, According to my notes, Mountain homes, says you didn't request anything from them this year...  See you next year when you have had time to think about your actions today and we will see if you are of the same mind then.   

next year,

No baron, no thanks...

WHAT?  You don't want a BARON?  perposterous, Me thinks that you really should have a BARON.  In Fact, [Riiiiiiiip], trade agreement what trade agreement......