Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Splint's Story Fort Archive  (Read 17995 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Splint's Story Fort Archive
« on: August 06, 2014, 04:08:22 am »

Hello all, I'm making this post so I have somewhere to catalogue my story forts for future reference, comparisons, or to just be pointed and laughed at. I'll list things accordingly of course. Everything here is finished/abandoned/inactive until further notice.

v.34.11
Good ol' 2012, and home to most of my forts at present and for the foreseeable future until invaders work properly again. All forts here will have the relevant mod listed as well.

Carryscar, the horribly dry savanna 'mountainhall' in the ass end of nowhere! Played on the wonderful Civilization Forge mod by Mephansteras. Bugbears, goblins, xelics, and worse couldn't kill these stalwart dwarves in this horridly hot savanna. So give it a read, even if the ending's kinda crappy! The save can be found here. As this fort is finished, no new updates will be made.
COMPLETE

Angel Abbey, a miserable little bolt hole lacking clean water, ammunition, or much in the way of trade goods not pulled from junk piles and played on the Underhive Settlement mod version lovingly crafted by Suds Zimmerman and based on the modding work done by Abregado and Destroid as well as of course, Gee Dubs' 40k based Necromunda tabletop game.  If interested in the setting or mod, it is a dandy little read.
SAVE LOST

Northernshores, Intended to be a haven for pirates and brigands allied with the shadow broker Nithim and the orcs of the Sterntorch pirate clan. Played on an old version of Masterwork by the beloved Meph, this short tale ended abruptly due to my own stupidity in  chucking the save during some house keeping and mod updating. Still a neat little read though and a nice glimpse into Orc mode.
SAVE LOST

Riverrun, Set up by destitute entrepreneurs, criminals, and debtors by The Joyous Steel merchant company in the middle of a pandashi and badgerman infested forest full of things that can eat most of its residents due to sheer size alone, Riverrun is quickly making a name for itself in its own world as a place were nature and the term "extinct" are told to go fuck themselves, mushroom men can become mayors, beggars impersonate clergy, and where goblins and frost giants go to die. While the main fort updates slowly, alternate timeline stories have been opened in the thread to fill the gaps, and overall it's a great story unfolding! Saves of both up to a past update and right at foundation can be found here, and it's played on a slightly older version of Meph's Masterwork mod.

At the time of save loss, it boasted the vast majority of advanced workshops and stuff, and was even considered one of the best looks at the mod at the time.

Sadly, I've decided against my original continuation plans. The last usable save I have is from so far back that at this point it'd be a disservice.
SAVE LOST

The Orcish Stronghold of Blackold! On the most recent 34.11 Masterwork version, this fortress got far further along than Northernshores and is in progress, seeing so many bodies hit the floor it isn't even funny. Come and see, come and see, as we build shale hovels and kill shit in this Vale of Tears!
INACTIVE

Welcome to Trampledlantern, in the Murk of Toads. The plan? 500 elves slain with a platinum-cored mace. Simple, but a very tedious goal.
INACTIVE

Limulid, The village of Goldenrocks.
Founded by dwarves sent to recover elephants and the stranded by the subsequent loss of their map, Goldenrocks simply follows their lives in the place as they battle intruders, wild animals, and conduct trade. Very old fort, done on Civilization Forge.
RETIRED/SAVE LOST

Sunwave, a post-arcane Holocaust Settlement! Using the Fallout: Equestria mod, Sunwave is in the middle of nowhere outside a place called Trident Valley. However, the residents seem to have disappeared, leading our framing device Carbon Copy to try and figure out what happened to them. Hope you like ponies.

May or may not return to this one.
INACTIVE

v.40.11+
2014! It was inevitable, we all knew that.

I open this section with Castlefly, which is the last hope of a dwarven nation called The Lancer of Princes that's had the crap beaten out of it by Forgotten Beasts and war. Early on it saw bugbear raids and later on refugees flock to the fortress. Told through logbooks read by the possible leader of a band of possibly inept adventurers looting the place during a snowstorm years after its fall, including a dwarven chef, a goblin boozehound, and a guy who found a box of stone harps. And Ari. Long live Queen Bannerspear!

Due to poor quantity of not-invading-hell stuff to do, the fort has been resolved to be abandoned.
RETIRED/ABANDONED

And next, another failure fort, Spiritnet! Named for an old fort of mine that ended with disaster, it spurred me to create a mod specifically to facilitate the killing of 500 elves with an overly fancy metal club called the mace. A failure because it was forsaken? Yes. But it did lead us to the next one.
RETIRED/ABANDONED

Ivybolt, in the Swamp of Hell! In a land besieged by the dead and elves, Ivybolt was started as a place for the the people of one dwarven nation to flee to. The reigning queen dropped the ball on picking a place to resettle her people.

Some complications with the mod have lead me to decide to pull the plug.
RETIRED/ABANDONED

Blazegate, The Bulwark of the Oceanic Merchant! Forced to send various miscreants to establish a border control fortress, a supply error doesn't halt thier progress as they scrape by. Presented in a Bravemule style with some amount of artwork.
RETIRED/ABANDONED

Battlejudge, home of Elf Slayers. Established in a jungle home to human-genociding elves, the dwarves of the Abbey of Equity have ordered the foundation of a "trade post," intended to hopefully kill enough elves to prevent the fall of the humans and stop elven encroachment northwards. This fort ended up being retired as I found myself written into a corner through my own stupidity. While under direct supervision, the elves would likely bleed themselves white, but without it, I suspect people would flee en masse and the elves would swamp it thanks to a lack of a capable military tactician.
RETIRED

Ferncrypt, a botched tileset showcase. Made mainly to show off Meph's tileset, overmodding may have caused errors that prevent it from doing that job very well. However, the writing style and inclusion of art should help it stand out from the rest, with the writing leaning to an "updated" speech of the dwarves of Kevin Snow's Bravemule.
ABANDONED

Granitepanther, yet another showcase. Done for Meph to show off his tileset at the time. While like a small number of newer features, the place is nearing completion, though artistic requirements I imposed by myself have slowed things down considerably. These dwarves live and work on the surface, and indeed in this community a generation of dwarves will grow up without fear of the sun and rain.

[INACTIVE]

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Splint's Story Fort Archive
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 02:59:15 pm »

Was Spearbreakers forgotten? But... the Mugs!
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 03:35:05 pm »

Was Spearbreakers forgotten? But... the Mugs!
Nah, it wasn't. in fact, i was going to include it but decided against it since it's already in The Hall of Legends.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 06:38:42 am »

Why no Necromuda?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 12:20:14 pm »

Angel Abbey is the Necromunda fort.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 12:12:51 pm »

To anybody who may care, would anyone like to see Angel Abbey revived? I've been playing around with the save and some interesting developments happened that made me want to continue it, but if there's no market I won't bother.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 01:28:54 pm »

I think its good seeing mod or tc succession games. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 04:06:06 pm »

To anybody who may care, would anyone like to see Angel Abbey revived? I've been playing around with the save and some interesting developments happened that made me want to continue it, but if there's no market I won't bother.

I'd read it.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 06:06:20 pm »

Posting to Watch. I'll read when I have the attention span.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2015, 09:51:50 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102730.0
Spearbreakers.
You deserve credit for the awesome.  And the mugs.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 10:01:22 pm »

Spearbreakers is already in the hall of legends (somehow,) and not a Story fort, that's a succession games. Therefore, doesn't need to be here.

Gonna be adding a couple recent projects here though. Thanks for reminding me.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 10:56:26 am »

Spearbreakers is already in the hall of legends (somehow,) and not a Story fort, that's a succession games. Therefore, doesn't need to be here.

Gonna be adding a couple recent projects here though. Thanks for reminding me.
Is it really?
*looks at the massive community-generated plot, complete with not one but THREE megacorporations, multiverses, gods, magic, necromancers, and mugs and their contents*
Sorry, I think you're wrong.
;P
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2015, 11:19:57 am »

No, I'm right. I at best only got the ball rolling. This thread's mainly to discuss the forts I've played on the thread Solo.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2015, 01:06:16 pm »

No, I'm right. I at best only got the ball rolling. This thread's mainly to discuss the forts I've played on the thread Solo.
Meh.  You're getting some credit whether you like it or not.     :D
Sigtext

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2017, 09:14:10 pm »

Just as a head up, there's been some additions!

I dredged up Goldenrocks, a very ancient fort of mine, and I've added my current project, Blazegate. Odd looking at the differences in writing style.