Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: ☼"Blackhold," A Masterwork Orc Fortress☼ - Under new management!  (Read 58278 times)

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Thashumghoshakh, "Blackhold," A Masterwork Orc Story Fortress☼
« Reply #135 on: August 31, 2014, 08:38:10 pm »

which is the Bow-Orc squad? I don't see Gordak's name up their.

Didn't need them on this one. They and the tomahawkers we benched pretty much. Beirus' squad only got to play because I had their temporary weapons in their hands already.

Can I get an Orc? An Uruk named Uglûk, draft him into the army and give him something to kill with, please. May he serve well.

Sure thing. There's some to pick from in the list in the last update actually (those are most, if not all, of the uruks in the hold.)

What? Gorlshk slept through the raid? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's hilarious. The next write up will be fun. Don't have time atm, but when I get to it I'll have a lot of fun with that one.

Not a problem man, take your time. And on the upside, Azguuruk seemed more than happy to pick up the slack in the axe-based choppiness area.
Ooh, I get to pick! I'll have Adgrabug Ditchblights, Male Uruk, Craftsorc, please, if he's not needed for crafting.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 31, 2014, 09:00:24 pm »

Alrighty, I'll need to check and make sure he's alright or not already claimed and I forgot to label or some shit like that.

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 01, 2014, 09:48:28 pm »

Just quickly, but can you please add Lugbok to one of the military squads? Snaga can be added to squads, right? If he can get a weapon, good for him, and I don't mind what it is. (I know little about Masterwork DF.)
Apparently coding DF is equivalent to slaying hydras.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2014, 10:15:14 pm »

Just quickly, but can you please add Lugbok to one of the military squads? Snaga can be added to squads, right? If he can get a weapon, good for him, and I don't mind what it is. (I know little about Masterwork DF.)

Well, the thing about that is we sort of need him to keep up the wood supply. He's the only decent woodcutter and the owner of the only axe not being used by the militia. Plus snaga... Well, they kinda suck as soldiers. Small, kinda weak, that sort of thing.

Shadow Of Fate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 02, 2014, 05:05:50 am »

Well, the thing about that is we sort of need him to keep up the wood supply. He's the only decent woodcutter and the owner of the only axe not being used by the militia. Plus snaga... Well, they kinda suck as soldiers. Small, kinda weak, that sort of thing.

I knew it! He's trying to steal my thunder! It wasn't enough to be the only woodcutter. Now he has to try and one up me in the military right after I slept through a siege! Coincidence? I think not! >:(

On another note, how are those monuments of wood coming along with just one woodcutter supplying all the wood? Is it really enough? I always did wonder about that.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 02, 2014, 05:08:11 am »

With the sawmill it won't be much of an issue anymore. Getting a steady supply of mithril for statues, accents, and the like will be, even with a semi-regular flow of dead elves to jack shit from.

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 02, 2014, 07:45:37 pm »

Ah, I see. I'll definitely make another journal entry eventually, though, and stop just stalking the page.
Apparently coding DF is equivalent to slaying hydras.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 03, 2014, 04:31:22 pm »

- Gluuk Hexjoined -

The dreams intrude, Voice following you to the waking world. 
Morbai has insisted that you demand from Voice the secret of the Treesinger's magic.
You are not sure that Voice understands your words, nor do you know whether it can see the images in your own <<pop>>

An ancient redpine.  One of the first of its kind, sprouting at the dawn of time. 
A lurching sensation as time spins forward and the redpine is now a colossus, astride the craggy mountainside like a pillar of creation. 
Running roots strangle weak trees and consume their mulch.  Wide boughs devour the sun.
Another lurch.  The deep taproots fail of slow lingering rot.  The redpine recedes into forgetfulness. 
A thousand axefalls.  The trunk yields with a crack like thunder, and crashes to earth, a hammer of the gods.
A thousand golden rays reach the grove floor, the first lightfall that the living forest remembers. 
A wooden village springs to life.  Orcs are born, live, die.  The meadowgrass reclaims the nomads' village.
A thousand patient saplings awaken from their vigilant sleep.  The strongest among them stretches its young boughs.

An ancient throne, wrought from the bones of the earth.  Astride, a great uruk wielding a jagged orichalcum blade.
Trophies of fallen beasts line the mantle.  Skulls of kings decorate the dais.
Another lurch.  A parchment map.  A hundred daggers pierce markers indicating a hundred cities.
A blood red swath from sea to sea.  The young warlord now aged, a ruined shell of his strength. 
The door splinters.  Two humans fall headless.  The blade is too heavy.  Gunshots ring.
The stronghold burns.  Humans swear great oaths and salt the earth.  The humans watch, but their descendants forget.
A thousand orcs scatter on the wind.  The strongest among them forge a new blade.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 05, 2014, 08:14:46 am »

-Taken from the Journal of Yaragtak Morbai, Clean Leader of the Morbai Clan of Blackhold. The writing is akin to an administrator simply recording business events.-

Year: 125

2nd Commonrock

Construction of Runesmith using plans acquired from Dwarves begins. It will be built alongside the already built Damascene Workshop. Plan is to engrave runes into katanas as they are produced, when we are able to produce them. Any society kits put together seem to disrupt the enchantments and may need to be reengraved according to plans.

Construction on the temple continues. Place of power is raised.

As promised, Gradbul is issued new Bloodsteel Maul. Should the mercenaries return, their crude leather suits and commoner's helms will no longer protect them. All warriors armed with the macuahuitl have been issued sabers and their weapons allowed to be displayed in their homes; Gradbul is permitted the same right with his shale maul.

5th Commonrock

Barracks finally completed with last two windows installed. Damascene workshop completed with door installed. Runesmith halfway completed.

Bolugd and I move to new hovel near the graveyard. Senshuken relocates to an underground hovel near it as well, the hovel gifted in recognition of his skill.

6th Commonrock

Ordered large sum of Bloodsteel and Pearlash from Drow. Insulted hoardmaster when they said they had no ores to peddle. She seemed unfazed.

Bone, which we possess in near endless sums, is being used to produce quality fireplaces and braziers for the clan residencies and workshops. The clan is pleased by this.

Bin shortage results in more lost arrows. Palu is unbothered by the loss due to sheer volume of masterpiece items.

12th Commonrock

Runesmith complete save for windows, all extant industrial construction work finished. Work on temple slowed by my lack of involvement. Palu is ordered to cease production of bone items unless needed.

6th Graystone

Warrior Azguub births a new Uruk. She insists on keeping the child with her to burn the ways of war into the child. This is ill advised for her first child but I will not push the issue.

Nearly all of the uruks frighten me.

19th Lavarock

Goblins come to trade, and construction of the pagoda is underway. It will likely take the remainder of the month to finish. Bolugd is on edge. Enemies typically follow the caravans. Many warriors are eager to fight, especially Gorlshk.

20th Lavarock

Carvaneers are still a half day out when condors begin making a scene. The knife ears come, and eager to kill us and our livestock and pets, they loose their arrows too soon.

The bowdancers are known to be highly lethal, but it is only due to their tools, not their own ability and strength. Bolugd marshals the warriors. The boworcs are ordered to not take part in the fighting, as the mithril root armors of the elves are too sturdy to pierce with bone arrows.

Many hope the goblins will be routed, primarily so that the elves will waste munitions on our lesser brethren.

I observed the battle, and see the enemy leader's leg slashed by Bolugd, and then pulled from his unicorn by Gradbul. The unicorn charged forward without its rider. Dire wolves and saber cats take the brunt of the initial volley aimed at orcs.

Thrak claims first kill, smashing the elvish leader's head with his morningstar. Gradbul claims second, striking a bowdancer in the head with enough force to crumple its helm and send the corpse flying. Bolugd the third, cutting a bowdancer's throat and severing both of its legs. Gradbul is struck in the right leg by an arrow.

Spearorc Lat impales elf head with spear, Azguub does the same. Azguub's child shrieks with fury at the elves. Warriors Azgurruk, Gorlshk, and Beirus give chase to the unicorn. Elves begin to fall in rapid succession. Goblins join the fray, protecting the speedier merchants without wagons.

Four begin to retreat, and one is chased down and punched to death by Azguub. The child scratches at the elf with great ire. Beirus strikes down the unicorn, sending the head flying into the trade storehouse wall. The goblins chase two others into the warriors. They are both slain like the foul creatures they are.

Only a single elf coward survives.

Only a handful of orcs are given the credit for multiple kills. I know only the ones I could see from the depot, as the warriors crowded the elves as they foolishly spread out to hunt down the injured condors before sighting the warriors.

25th Lavarock

Bolugd leads his squad to exterminate a troop of giant badgers, as they pose a threat to the temple's construction.

28th Lavarock

Lat and Thrak are declared weaponmasters. Macelord Gradbul refuses treatment for his injured leg, being able to walk without treatment.

4th Iron

Construction begins on a single windmill to test wind strength in the area in need of power. Water wheels cannot be relied upon due to winter freezes. If wind power proves potent enough near the residences, more will be errected until enough power is available to operate a water pump.

12th Iron

Wind power seems viable. Construction on power station begins. Initial station may fail due to proximity to main hall. If needed, Lugbok will clear a section of forest for mills to be constructed to take care of power needs.

6th Copper

Temple nears completion save for mithril assets. Pagoda is built, totems are raised. Azgurruk of Gorlshk's warriors is declared axe lord.

8th Copper

Another warrior is declared weapon master. An arctic condor is found dead and a centaur with blood on its hooves is hunted down and slain. Two masons are called on to assit in final touches of the temple.

27th Copper

Success! The pump is now delivering water to the holding tank below the main hall!

2nd Lead

Gorlshk is declared Axe Lord. Temple is expanded with two additional totems. Bolugd names his shield Gloomsizzle.

13th Lead

The great enemy comes, told of by some of our very clan, pillaging badgerman warriors of Sinahok. True warriors worthy of orcish sabers and spears. Honorable. Strong. In another world, almost like kin to orcs. But here the enemy. Bolugd marshals the warriors. The boworcs demand they be allowed to fight, and he orders them to make ready with reluctance, hoping the enemy neglected proper armor.

Victory here will prove we can best all comers, however I fear for our warriors' safety. The enemy bears weapons of steel, and many appear to be armed with morningstars, much like Thrak's though of mainly inferior metals.

Several months ground by with this one, we got to fight some elves, two Gradbuls got shot (Monitor's decided he didn't need silly things like stitches or a cleaned leg wound, and is up and about just fine with both legs in use,) the temple is getting distressingly close to completion sans mithril stuff due to a shortage of fuel for the smelter to melt the elves' shit down with, multiple weaponmasters were declared, and we're under attack by the Badgermen. Don't let the graphics fool you, those are all macebadgers lead by a mauler (hammerbadger.)

The update's light on screenies due to a lack of anything that really warranted them. Next update, provided we don't get wrecked by a tantrum spiral due to dying warriors, will net you guys a look at the mighty wooden temple in it's... Partial-but-mostly-there splendor! Also, community contributions seem to be up to date.

Before I forget I also want to let you guys know I've lost track on kill tallies. Sorry. :c

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 06, 2014, 01:04:41 am »

Ha!  Nice job by the watch animals to flush out those ambushers.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 06, 2014, 01:31:55 am »

That was actually a complete accident. A couple condors were up on the roof of a house and the elves opened up on them out of the blue. I don't actually have watch animals picketed anywhere.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 06, 2014, 04:18:26 am »

two Gradbuls got shot

From the diary of Gradbul the Snake Eater:

"Another group of elven waarriors showed up, ready to hit our village. This time, they brought more of the shooty-shooters into the fight. True, our own bowpeople are not that capable yet, so the warboss ordered them to stay back and cover the other side. I was issued a new heavier maul and sent to the front.

A lonely weird-looking ork stood there between the trees, the sun glistening on his long staff made of steeloak. There he was, another Gradbul. Another ME. He surely knew of muh presence...

I could only wonder if he was out for my head.

"Hello, me." My alter-ego (I found this word in the dictionary; not sure about it's meaning tho') grinned. "A nice day to fight, I see?"

"Who are you?" I shouted, hardly holding back my anger. He laughed.

"Wrong question, young warrior." the dreamwalker (He was a dreamwalker, almost certainly) shook his head "The right one is: who are you?"

"I'm Gradbul the Snake Eater." I felt really strange.

"No." He sighed. "You're nothing more than a dream."

"What?..." I stood, stunned. Then, I felt sudden pain in my leg. Elviss arrow was stuck under my knee, with blood stains all over my trousers. My adversary roared in pain, but when I raised my eyes he was gone. Not a single trace was left by him.

"Hey there, big guy! Are you ok?" Bolugd ran to me, with the other members of warband makin their way to the elves.

"It's fine, thanks... Could you pull it out for me?" Bolugd carefully got the arrow out of my leg and gave me a piece of clloth to bandage it. Then we finally reached the elves and easily crushed them."
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 08, 2014, 10:33:40 am »

So...

In return for my services so far, they have deemed fit to give me a brand new weapon and an underground home near the graveyard...

I'm honored and all, but I can't help but feel part of the reason I got that later 'honor' was so they didn't have to carry me to far if I pass away in the night.

Oh well.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 08, 2014, 10:42:29 am »

Actually it just happened to be one of the ones fully furnished. :P

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 29, 2014, 09:31:43 pm »

Do bone things decay realky fast in masterwork then? I was just reading about the bone carver who went insane.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15