Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: ☼"Blackhold," A Masterwork Orc Fortress☼ - Under new management!  (Read 58297 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼"Blackhold," A Masterwork Orc Fortress☼ - Under new management!
« Reply #195 on: April 13, 2015, 10:49:58 pm »

"'Ere, wut's all dis then?" 

The two crusty old sea wolves dumped out the contents of the battered chest.  Gradbul's runners had left it at the warehouse earlier in the afternoon, the words RAIDIN SUPPLYS hastily stenciled on the side.

"Rusty iron swords.  Rusty iron flasks full o' rum and lime-fruit's blood.  Rusty iron tins o' meat.  Bits o' hooks and rope."

"Sod all that.  How are we suppose to equip a proper longboat with any a this rubbish?  I don't know any proper tavern or wenchin' parlor where for you can pay with limes!"

"Aye.  Never with limes, more's the pity."

The corsairs gazed sadly out over the waves, knowing their cruisers were beached until the flow of precious rusty iron shillings resumed.

------------------

Great update though!  Thanks for picking it up, Monitor.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 14, 2015, 01:10:51 am »

I've actually melted only coins of a lower quality. I mean, all those  masterworks and exeptionally made ones are still available.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 14, 2015, 01:17:39 am »

Aha.  No worries either way on my end, i think Gradbul ordering a bunch of the currency melted down during his first year on the job is a fun story anyway.  Just seemed like an opportunity for a little in character post  8)

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 14, 2015, 02:28:09 am »

Aha.  No worries either way on my end, i think Gradbul ordering a bunch of the currency melted down during his first year on the job is a fun story anyway.  Just seemed like an opportunity for a little in character post  8)

It's fine, I was going to use most of the resourses uneffeciently anyway. Splint gathered so much of those, and our fellow olog does not seem to be the best manager ever. :)

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 15, 2015, 02:40:18 pm »

Yesterday, a big band of orkz approached me, shouting somethin' and swinging deir cutlassez. Ah asked 'em what they needed, and one of doze guiz, a corzair named Urb, told me they needed moneyz for sum risky enterprise of theirs. Ah knew Ah was da boss, so Ah ordered dem to gather deir junk and go raid sum booty for us.

Corzairs job is so facsinating. A've actually tried to become one myself. Ah came to da port and asked if dey needed a salesman. They wonderd if I'd ment "seamen". Then they asked if Ah had any quali... Qualid... Qualificationz. Ah said for sho', I could sing "Dwarven Sailor" all day long. They must have been surprized by muh skill.

Ugh... Ah need a drink. Da well seemz to be frozen, but Ah,m sure we have a lot of drinks in our stockpilez... OH NOES!

Where did all da booze go? MUDBERDS STOLE IT FROM US!

Give me a buckit, Ah'll try to get sum water from dat shuft...

Wut do ya mean Ah cant' has buckits? Zir Urb forbade us from sellin' dose, not givin 'em to me, ya goof!

Dis iz bullshit. Well, at least guyz and galz can be happy not knowin' dis fact. Ah hope we'll solve dis problem soon.

We've got many idlerz. While warriorz are swingin' deir swordz and bashin' stuff wit deir shields, everyone else just strollz around. Ah've seen another Gradbul playin' bloodbowl. Ah thinks he took all dis "pass da bowl" thing too serious. He should kick it sum day as well.

What shipz? Have ya seen da river? It'z frozen! How come can you sail in da winter? Build some sleighs or sumthin, after all.

We'll need wood for dose and for water millz Ah'm going to build. Elfy-elvez will not be pleazed... Like Ah care about dem.

Now we're talkin'. Some sweet wine for my friendz and me!

Here comes the second update! This one is even shorter. By the way, should I give more information on the fortress, or probably do things more important then fulfilling minor requests of our nobles?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 02:42:24 am by Monitor Lisard »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 15, 2015, 05:58:13 pm »

Heh, do what you feel's best on that front. Oh, and don't raid the succubi. They aren't in this world so there's no point.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 17, 2015, 01:17:43 pm »

I like seeing how you folks laid out the fort and i don't mind the small stories like nobles too, do whatever suits you (i mean eventually building a Hell citadel would be nice too ;)

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 20, 2015, 12:00:37 am »

Oh, and before I forget, here's your orc Quartz_Mace. He's a badass. Survived fighting Spirits of fire and badgermen with just a wooden shield as a weapon and he picked up sword skill disturbingly quickly. Within a couple months he became a swordmaster under the other swordsmasters' tutelage.
Dayum, glad I'm finally getting caught up on this fort that guy's awesome!

I'll be writing his journals when I get the chance. I've been really busy with finals preparations and other school stuff, but I should at least get Ugluk's journals done by next weekend.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 21, 2015, 03:12:58 pm »

From ze diary of  Gradbul ze Snak Eter:

Giss wat? The smits have finally startid to forge metal tubes for a lil' project of mine, alzough Ah dunno what Ah am goin' to do. Make pumps? We have a nice stream nearby, zo probably we'll need only a few of dose anyway. Sell 'em to gobboz, maybe? Ah herd gobboz like mechanismz and such.

Thera are still to many idlerz, and too few diggerz. And zo much cookz... Too many. I orderd sum farmhands to grab pickz and git shit done. Or, at leazt, it's how Mr. Bolugd callz it.

Sum guy told me dat Lat prepared "quite an exzeptional" raidin' kit for our raiderz. Keep up da gud work, Lat! At least dere iz someone who iz able to chooze gear wizely.

I hope dat will make corzair guiz happy. They were really eager to git sum booty recently.

A pack o' grey doggies tried to harass our lovely mumakz. Oh, good thing our pasturez are protected.

Ah mean, 'tis sabre kitten bit one of dose wolves in half. Dat wuz just brutal.

At last! Now Ah can sleep witout fear of Mr. Urb coming and yellin' at me. He's just got a masterpiez furniture in hiz crib.

He's okay tho'. Mr. Gluuk, however, keeps puttin' poor znagaz under arrest for ignorin' his requestz. What are we, dwarves?

*Some minor ink stains on the rest of the page, and it appears to be more crumpled then others. The entries contunue on the next page.*

Aha! Ze gardz say we've been attacked! Sum giand snow lizard, they say. Whatever, our warriorz are experienced enough to make a short work of it.

*There is a little doodle of a lizard-like creature on the page*

Wut'z zat noize?

Oh no! 'Tis thing broke in and now ragez in da bar!

EVERYONE, GRAB UR WEAPUNZ!

Drow assassins are upon us too! Two of them!

MOVE YER BACKSIDES, KIDZ! THE CATZ WON'T HOLD 'TIS THING BACK TOO LONG!

Dat was brutal... And awesum! Ah mean, da warrior just ripped dat drow in piecez wit his katana.

Da other sharp-eared thug wuz dealt wit as well. The warriorz keep advancing towards lizard thing which is keeps smachin' chairz in da tavern.

Wut's that? Fire?

*The next few pages seem to be covered with soot and bear blood markings*

Phew, the creature has been finally dealt wit. Good job, Alatuul! Everyone seemz to be okay, exept for some of the animals. Oh, and da bar is ruined.

Here's the third update! I say, that was quite a commotion. The wyrn broke the bars, scared off a bunch of workers and tried to hide in the bar. The warriors completely ignored the fact that it was inside and proceeded to search for it outside, only to find two drows hiding in the shrubland. Meanwhile, the scaly monster was mauled by a clusterfuck of war animals and finally laid to rest by a dragon warrior. Some wooden chairs and barrels also caught fire during the accident (I'm not sure if boose was there as well), and the tavern is still filled with smoke.

The fact that this update features cats and explosions pleases me in the most dwarven way.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 03:45:45 pm by Monitor Lisard »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 21, 2015, 03:47:35 pm »

Heheh, nice. Don't forget to rebuild the wells in the hospital and mead hall.

The fires are cause of the wyrm's breath lighting some of the furnishings on "fire." When it comes to nonliving things... Dwarf Fortress is a little weird about cold damage.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 22, 2015, 12:50:59 am »

That first guy sure knows how to use an adamantine sword.  You don't want to cut the drow in half all at once, then you only get like 1 good slice in before sword time is over. 

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 22, 2015, 01:35:52 am »

So Frost Wyrms are now coming to Blackhold to ravage our bar?

I think it says a lot about the standards of our bar fights that the warriors didn't notice it was in there right away.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 22, 2015, 01:50:10 am »

There might have been less confusion if we didn't call our Dragon Warriors-in-training Wyrms.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 24, 2015, 03:35:45 pm »

A quick note concerning the next update - about 7-8 orks died because of gnomes/their mounts/hunger and thirst/unknown reasons. I don't have a save before all those misfortunes, but hey, I wonder if should finish my turn before I ruin Blackhold completely.

Oh, and we also killed a "deity". What is it, actually? The description sounds like if it was a cyclops or something.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 24, 2015, 05:51:05 pm »

A quick note concerning the next update - about 7-8 orks died because of gnomes/their mounts/hunger and thirst/unknown reasons. I don't have a save before all those misfortunes, but hey, I wonder if should finish my turn before I ruin Blackhold completely.

Oh, and we also killed a "deity". What is it, actually? The description sounds like if it was a cyclops or something.

As to the dead orks, you can use deathcause to figure out what happened. Who'd we lose?

As to the deity, it was probably just a megabeast masquerading as a god.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15