Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: ☼"Blackhold," A Masterwork Orc Fortress☼ - Under new management!  (Read 58327 times)

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼"Blackhold," A Masterwork Orc Fortress☼ - Under new management!
« Reply #210 on: May 06, 2015, 01:17:26 pm »

From ze diary of Gradbul ze Snak Eter:

Yestuday Bolugd searchd through da outskirtz and stumbld across yet more drow gruntz. Come on, dose knife-earz just don't kno' when to stop!

That wuz clerarly deir mistake. Ah mean, ya don't wanna stand in front of an angry swordguy, do ya?

Da foolz, they keep comin'

It's gnomez! We should be like re-e-eally careful 'round 'tis lil' guyz... They might look small, but hey, they kick azz anyway. AND THEY CAUT UZ WIT PANTZ DOWN!

OH NOEZ! EVERYONE, INSIDE!

BURRZ!

Well, dat wuz ugly. About 5 orkz gщt killd, among them two warriorz, a katana guy and a brawler named Burrz... He did not even have any sharp thingz wit him. But we slayed most of de little fighterz.

Went out for a clean-up. Somebody left a pair of old sneakerz on the bridge.

Uh, zir, is that yerz?... Ehm, could Ah ask you why... Okay, ah see.

Some guy passed away a while ago... We found hiz body in da mess hall. Oh, and an old squig kicked the buckit.

One of da folkz told me there were sum people who flippd shit and such. It seemd to be fine at first, cuz ya kno', we orkz surly luv a good brawl, but 'tis one wuz no good.

Sometin' iz approachin' our gatez! Gotta take a look at it.

Oh, shit, that thing iz huge!

And... It'z a lass!?

I say, that wuz a nice spectacle! She wuz all like "come 're ya dirty green goonz ah'm gonna bash ye so hard ya nippiez", and a warrior from our side wuz all like "come closer". And then they smacked her to da ground wit one hit. Man, dose guyz and galz are hardcore.

Update! Sorry for delay, I've been quite busy recently. This one's kinda shorter then usual.

By the way, here's the dead list. I checked everyone with deathcause, just to be sure. It seems that 130 and 131 were bloody years.

Krimbur Latghakha, blowgunner, thirst
Duul Latugsrishuul, lumberjack, gnomish skrewdriver
"Burrz" Bolfimblat, wrestler, gnomish hatchet
Ama Talatkha, bone carver, old age
Ashduuk Malbaibagrogu, ork, gnomish sabre
Ashduuk Thashumkrima, dragon warrior, gnomish hatchet
Hoshnazg Pushgorbalatab, butcher, thirst
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 02:10:12 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 06, 2015, 01:36:31 pm »

Neat update. Who killed the Cyclops/Deity?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 06, 2015, 02:06:05 pm »

Neat update. Who killed the Cyclops/Deity?

It was Buur Agakgoluurz, and she's actually a simple warrior, not the Dragon one. And she also stabbed this cyclops with her mithril dagger. Oh well.

Not a one hit kill, but it went pretty fast anyway.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 02:26:22 pm by Monitor Lisard »

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 06, 2015, 02:28:25 pm »

Is there any reason orcs are dying of thirst? This shouldn't be happening for any reason except bad luck for the wounded being wounded right at the start of the winter freeze. Are you remembering to rebuild the wells? And di you put that fucking set of bars back up? And are you making sure to regularly check that we have drinks for winter?

Note: Dragon Warrior simply denotes they are a member of Beirus' squad. Warriors are either common orcs or uruks (save possibly one or two.) Anyone in the militia lacking the title of Warrior besides the Huscarl's Rifles is to be assumed a snaga (and therefore expendable to the highest order depending on the orc.)

The wrestler for example, was a snaga who habitually refused to bring his fucking weapons for whatever reason. If need be, you'll have to go through the relations tabs of everyone to see who was what. I don't want any snaga in the mausoleum.

Sorry if I seem like a hardass. I'm just getting irritated to see people dying of fucking thirst and the prospect of snaga taking up space intended for actual orc soldiers among other things. The lack of sleep and constant fear of bees, hornets, and wasps today is probably not helping my mood.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 06, 2015, 02:35:21 pm »

Is there any reason orcs are dying of thirst? This shouldn't be happening for any reason except . Are you remembering to rebuild the wells? And di you put that fucking set of bars back up?

Note: Dragon Warrior simply denotes they are a member of Beirus' squad. Warriors are either common orcs or uruks (save possibly one or two.) Anyone in the militia lacking the title of Warrior besides the Huscarl's Rifles is to be assumed a snaga (and therefore expendable to the highest order depending on the orc.)

The wrestler for example, was a snaga who habitually refused to bring his fucking weapons for whatever reason. If need be, you'll have to go through the relations tabs of everyone to see who was what. I don't want any snaga in the mausoleum.

Sorry if I seem like a hardass. I'm just getting irritated to see people dying of fucking thirst and the prospect of snaga taking up space intended for actual orc soldiers among other things.

Well, I'm sorry, it was a mining incident. Made some random orks do the digging, and they got stuck somewhere in the caverns. Only noticed this after a while.

Don't worry, if I remember correctly, only the dragon warrior was put into mausoleum, others were simply hauled off to the cemetery. Not sure about Burrz, though.  :P
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 02:48:45 pm by Monitor Lisard »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 06, 2015, 02:38:25 pm »

Seal the caverns. Do not go down there under any circumstances. Ever. We got lucky against the demons the first time and hell, I even cheated (because I got sick of the combat report spam from the web spinners stunlocking and failing to hurt mud elementals.) We won't have that luck again.

If you accidentally breach it, seal the hole immediately. Because no amount of open space will keep a damned one of them out. They all fly.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 06, 2015, 02:45:53 pm »

Seal the caverns. Do not go down there under any circumstances. Ever. We got lucky against the demons the first time and hell, I even cheated (because I got sick of the combat report spam from the web spinners stunlocking and failing to hurt mud elementals.) We won't have that luck again.

If you accidentally breach it, seal the hole immediately. Because no amount of open space will keep a damned one of them out. They all fly.

Do they swim underwater? I dried to get to the underground lake, and the passage seems to be already blocked. And this tunnel has no connection to the fortess, the entry's situated outside.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 06, 2015, 02:49:03 pm »

The frost wraiths, devilkin, and possibly nightmares may try. Dunno, but demons are amphibious if I'm not mistaken, and these things are likely no exception. Devilkin are pushovers compared to the rest though, more or less. But seriously. Seal it. There's nothing down there the hold needs. DATS AN ORDER FROM YER WARCHEIF.

If you absolutely must fiddle with water, build a cistern in the upper parts and drain the brook into it.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 06, 2015, 02:55:12 pm »

The frost wraiths, devilkin, and possibly nightmares may try. Dunno, but demons are amphibious if I'm not mistaken, and these things are likely no exception. Devilkin are pushovers compared to the rest though, more or less. But seriously. Seal it. There's nothing down there the hold needs. DATS AN ORDER FROM YER WARCHEIF.

If you absolutely must fiddle with water, build a cistern in the upper parts and drain the brook into it.

There was no need for this, just a part of my project. I mean, how can you make a sea and turn Blackhold into Venice?  :)

No worries, we have plenty of drinks, and I rebuilt the wells. I dunno why they were stuck there, must have been either unusable ramps or the water wheels. There were only two of them. I'm sealing all those tunnels anyway. If you want to make sure of orks' well-being, I can post the current save.

"Gud mornin', dear diary! Today Ah wuz approachd by Bolugd, who told me to "seal those gosh darn caverns" , claiming that he will "smash my fucking face" unless I do so. Ah wuz scared a little, but, Ah guess, he wuz right after all. Anyway, he went on rambling about how Ah "was not there at Arawa", where they "were screwed by bloody mudbeards" right after they left "Higgins boat". Not sure what was this all about."

Sorry for the joke. :P
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 04:00:53 pm by Monitor Lisard »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 06, 2015, 07:17:17 pm »

Damn those gnomes!  :o
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]