Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Fire Emblem Hyrule - Chapter One (OOC Thread)  (Read 20601 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem Hyrule - Chapter One (OOC Thread)
« on: August 07, 2014, 11:29:50 pm »

In the Kingdom of Hyrule, a legend has echoed down the generations...
Over two hundred years ago Ganondorf, the King of Thieves, covetous of Hyrule's fertile climate and economic prosperity, invaded the mighty kingdom.  In a single fell stroke he stole the Triforce of Power and sealed away the lone threat to his power, a Hylian child of the Kokiri Forest.  For seven dark years his terrible reign blackened the once-great land, reducing the capital city to a blighted wasteland and suppressing the holy power of the Seven Sages of the kingdom.  However, just one all hope seemed lost, the child of the forest, now full grown into a man, awoke and set out across the kingdom in search of a way to break Ganondorf's power.  Master Sword in hand, Link, the Hero of Time and bearer of the Triforce of Courage, awoke the Seven Sages and with their power defeated the King of Thieves, sealing him away in the Golden Realm for eternity.  The bearer of the Triforce of Wisdom, Princess Zelda, having been disguised for those seven years as a warrior of the Sheikah, used the power of the Ocarina of Time to send Link back in time, allowing him to warn King Hyrule of the Gerudo thief's treachery in advance.  Forewarned against Ganondorf's invasion, Hyrule arrested and attempted to execute him, but the Triforce of Power kept him alive.  The villain was finally imprisoned once again in the Twilight Realm, this time for all time...
Now, nearly two centuries since the ultimate imprisonment of Ganondorf, a new threat has risen from the Gerudo Desert.  According to the rumours a new king has taken control of the Gerudo tribe, a powerful and ambitious magician who has gathered to himself the strongest warriors, magicians and monsters in the realm.  Though the new King of the Desert has made no move as yet, Queen Hyrule has been watching his movements with concern.  At the suggestion of her most trusted advisors, the Three Golden Generals, the Queen has hired the Iron Band, a group of mercenaries from an overseas kingdom, to keep a deniable eye on the situation...

This is the OOC thread for Fire Emblem Hyrule.  The IC thread can be found here.  Bear in mind I haven't run a game in a while and my first FEF game ever, so things might be bumpy.  Bear with me.  This game will be using the player's handbook v1.20, as well as the rules changes as outlined here.  Terrain rules are in line with the GBA games.  It's obviously set in the Zelda universe, between Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, about two hundred years after the child timeline ending.  Player characters start with a first class and are members of the Iron Band mercenary group; they may be of any human race (Human, Hylian, Sheikah, Kokiri, Gerudo, no Kokiri adults or Gerudo males), though this will have little to no effect on gameplay.  Pegasus riders are replaced with Loftwing riders, but are functionally identical, with the exception that loftwings are more accepting of male riders.  Vulnerarys have been replaced with red potions and elixirs with blue potions.  For the sake of my own fragile sanity, there will be no dancers or other turn-granting classes or abilities allowed.  In addition to the history, the world map is more or less identical to that of Ocarina of Time with some indications of progression towards that seen in Twilight Princess, as seen here.
Interested?  Grab a copy of the player's handbook and fill out one of the sheets below.  I'll be accepting the best six.

Purse: 120 Rupees
Pool: 21 EXP
Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Graveyard (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 10:29:41 pm by Remalle »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem by Forum: Hyrule Edition OOC Thread
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 11:40:00 pm »

Reserving a spot for Sheikah scavenger

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 11:40:51 pm »

reserving loftwing rider. race not yet decided
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 12:09:03 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 11:46:27 pm »

Reserving a spot for Hylian Soldier.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 12:12:26 am »

Spoiler: Signup (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 01:29:30 pm by Swordstar »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 12:55:34 am »

Reserving a spot. Knew I should have posted when I said alright in IRC. XD

Spoiler: The Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 11:38:34 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 01:19:40 am »

I missed half of my life not knowing the Zelda series.
Err, reading up x_x

Reserving spot

Thinking of Mercenary, Archer or Healer.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 01:34:32 am by Tiruin »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 01:25:20 am »

Refresh my memory, are there any steampunk elements in this Zelda timeline? I have a certain mage I'd like to bring out of retirement now that scapheap seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 01:40:40 am »

Tentatively reserving a spot for a troubadour.

Spoiler: To be finished (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 04:00:42 am by Lucus Casius »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 01:55:01 am »

Refresh my memory, are there any steampunk elements in this Zelda timeline? I have a certain mage I'd like to bring out of retirement now that scapheap seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth...
There's not in Ocarina but there's just the slightest hint of steampunk in Twilight Princess.  Since this is set in between... I suppose a little steampunk can be justified.  Don't go crazy.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2014, 01:58:29 am »

Mug for my chick.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2014, 02:20:38 am »

There's not in Ocarina but there's just the slightest hint of steampunk in Twilight Princess.  Since this is set in between... I suppose a little steampunk can be justified.  Don't go crazy.
Mostly I was just gonna go for a mechanical horse upon promotion, while most everything else would be simple metalworking. Gonna go Mage Knight. Say hello to the nice people, Jazz.
: "Y'know, the Gorons always were one of my favorite Zelda races. And the Subrosans, but those were only in the GBC games so I don't think they count here..."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
:3
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2014, 02:22:31 am »

You people are craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy.

* Haspen prepares popcorn.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2014, 02:27:28 am »

Spoiler: Jora Aoki (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 01:53:23 am by Tiruin »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16