Finally... > General Discussion

The Let's go back to Iraq, now without WMDs Thread. About the IS(IS) threat.

(1/408) > >>

martinuzz:
Obama just approved airstrikes on IS in Iraq, to protect American forces, and assist in evacuating refugees.

tuypo1:
i assume by is you mean isis that group thats been taking over all those citys

anyway hm seems reasonable the u.s do favour air strikes on the other hand given that isis has taken over so many citys many of there places of operations would be in civilian heavy areas where it would be unwise to drop bombs

martinuzz:

--- Quote from: tuypo1 on August 08, 2014, 04:38:36 am ---i assume by is you mean isis that group thats been taking over all those citys
--- End quote ---
They change names a lot. They were ISIS (Islamic State in Iraq and Syria), then changed/merged to ISIL (Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant), and now they wish to be called IS (Islamic State)

--- Quote from: tuypo1 on August 08, 2014, 04:38:36 am ---anyway hm seems reasonable the u.s do favour air strikes on the other hand given that isis has taken over so many citys many of there places of operations would be in civilian heavy areas where it would be unwise to drop bombs

--- End quote ---
I think the world has been too focussed on Russia/Ukraine, and of late, also Israel, to notice the speed with which IS has been conquering territory. Only now that footage of atrocities, and a complete lack of respect for any fomal War Conventions come out to the public, awareness is slowly starting to rise that something *real bad* is happening there.

While I abhor war, I think IS is one of those things the UN and UN security Council were created for. This group is as violent, and genocidal as the nazis, and should be stopped at all cost.

EDIT: Vice News managed to get a reporter be allowed by IS to film them for a while. This is part one of his report. Beware, some very graphical images present. Not kidding.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bsCZzpmbEcs

tuypo1:

--- Quote from: martinuzz on August 08, 2014, 04:47:41 am ---
--- Quote from: tuypo1 on August 08, 2014, 04:38:36 am ---i assume by is you mean isis that group thats been taking over all those citys
--- End quote ---
They change names a lot. They were ISIS (Islamic State in Iraq and Syria), then changed/merged to ISIL (Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant), and now they wish to be called IS (Islamic State)

--- Quote from: tuypo1 on August 08, 2014, 04:38:36 am ---anyway hm seems reasonable the u.s do favour air strikes on the other hand given that isis has taken over so many citys many of there places of operations would be in civilian heavy areas where it would be unwise to drop bombs

--- End quote ---
I think the world has been too focussed on Russia/Ukraine, and of late, also Israel, to notice the speed with which IS has been conquering territory. Only now that footage of atrocities, and a complete lack of respect for any fomal War Conventions come out to the public, awareness is slowly starting to rise that something *real bad* is happening there.

While I abhor war, I think IS is one of those things the UN and UN security Council were created for. This group is as violent, and genocidal as the nazis, and should be stopped at all cost.

EDIT: Vice News managed to get a reported be allowed by IS to film them for a while. This is part one of his report. Beware, some very graphical images present. Not kidding.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bsCZzpmbEcs

--- End quote ---
indeed

Strife26:
Fuckit, let me go get some tan spray paint for my baby and talk to reenlistment.

More seriously, I'd say that ISIS is damn sure the kind of group that could be worthwhile to fight force on force. Obviously, they deserve some more light in their system.

((Also, even more seriously, not going to reenlist. Getting stop lossed would be so much cooler, especially from a financial perspective.))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version