Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 136

Author Topic: The Let's go back to Iraq, now without WMDs Thread. About the IS(IS) threat.  (Read 191798 times)

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While a coalition of Hezbollah, Iraq's army and Iran's wacko shia mercenaries backed by US air force tries to liberate fallujah from ISIS (Although, statements from the shia's say that every sunni in fellujah is a terrorist for them), ISIS shown their ability to act on many fronts and reached into the heart of the Alawite province with two coordinated terror attacks at Jableh and Tartus, two cities that enjoyed relative calm during the civil war, are considered Assad's stronghold in Syria and are very close to Russian bases. the body count is rising, currently at 150 dead. according to ISIS statements the real figures will turn out much higher, as much as double the current official figure.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/23/explosions-hit-syrian-coastal-cities

http://www.wsj.com/articles/iraqi-and-coalition-forces-pound-fallujah-1464001174

The battle for fallujah will be a hard one. ISIS have dug in and even if the Shia's manage to capture it, they will definitely have to sustain terror attacks for the next decade.

One of the first hezobllah casualties in the battle for fallujah was hezbollah's chief media officer, who managed to get himself killed in a live feed coverage of the battle for Al Manar (Hezbollah news station).
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 11:56:51 pm by Vilanat »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Source please? Sounds interesting

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

Sounds fucking brutal. Even if it's a death on a side I do not support.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edited the previous post to include sources, except a source for the hezbollah media officer death which is short and in arabic..

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

So, apparently the Iraqi retook Fallujah from ISIS.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How many times was Fallujah liberated?

An interesting development that followed it was that Hezbollah apparently told Assad that it wont send any more of its guys to fight in Aleppo, citing that Fallujah needed 40K of Iranian mercenaries and Iraqi army while under US extensive air coverage to take over, while Aleppo is ten times larger. In short, Assad and Hezbollah do not have that manpower in their hands and even Russia stated that retaking Aleppo is not likely in the near future.

Iraq has became de facto occupied by Iran. yesterday it had celebrated Al Quds day by burning Israeli and American flags:
http://blogs.ft.com/photo-diary/2016/07/al-quds-day-in-baghdad/
http://www.citizenside.com/en/photos/news/2016-07-01/132261/iraq-shiite-factions-parade-in-baghdad-on-al.html#f=0/1463524

And there is this:
http://antiwar.com/blog/2016/02/13/us-supported-shia-militias-in-iraq-lead-ethnic-cleansing/
Obviously Iran is smarter than ISIS, that's why it hides the fact it bombs the Kurds in Syria and in Iran, and that's why it hides the fact it is ethnically cleansing Sunnis in Iraq.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

I wonder if someone makes special edition US and Israeli flag specially for burning.

Wouldn't call it "occupied" though, more like "puppetted" ?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, puppetted and military controlled, so it is very close to being occupied.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nah, Iran won't occupy until the ethnic cleansing is done. Puppeted or (to a lesser extent) aligned would be more accurate.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, There's an Ex IDF intelligence guy, nicknamed Naziv (Probably based on his name, but the literal translations is Sentry) who regularly post analysis of foreign arabic sources and sometimes gives his own predictions and conclusions.

I am going to try and periodically translate some of his posts here, but as a warning, he doesn't always post his sources (Some are his own sources, some are from islamists forums where ISIS, Al Nusra and Jaish Al Islam militants post frequently and some are from questionable arabic newspapers), he isn't always right, but his predictions are pretty good considering the extremely dynamic nature of this region. he did predict accurately how Al Qaeda in Iraq will help overthrow Gaddafi and then move on to Syria, for example.

So, again, this isn't my analysis, this isn't always accurate, its often unsourced and it mostly "boring" reports as is, but every once in a while, there's a gem to be found in his reports.

NZIV
Rebels assassins squad manage to strike again, this time eliminating the head of Assad's political security service.

The special assassin unit of the free syrian army that operates within damascus has strike again, this time managing to assassinate Brigadier-general Rassan Fiad, head of Assad's political security service, one of few non military security services that operates within Syria. As in previous times, the assassination took place within Damascus, in what is described as Assad's territories. Only yesterday i reported the assassination of a top Syrian pilot, Colonel Naal Machluf.
Dr. Moti Keidar, from the Dayan institute wrote to me detailing who is this person exactly:
Naal Machluf is an airforce colonel and the husband of Salma Al Assad. the Machluf family is Bashar's mother family and his wife is a direct family member of Bashar Al Assad, so that colonel was related to Bashar from both sides. the colonel was in Assad's inner circle and it's obvious both to us and to Assad that this Assassination squad has intimate information regarding Assad inner circle movements and appearances.

In Lights of these recent and frequent assassinations i have got a feeling that those actions are not just due to the extraordinary intelligence capabilities of the assassin squad. because such high level assassinations are probably the result of valuable intelligence that usually can be found only in State based intelligence agencies. who exactly feed this information is not entirely clear to me.

Note this recent report in the Lebanese media: A source in the gulf told A-diar newspaper: "The Syrian regime had overheated". what does that tells us?"
(In a reply below and outside his post, he said that he concludes that overheating implies that Assad's inner circle is turning on each other and that these recent assassinations are probably due to internal conflict of the highest actors in Assad's inner circle, giving the unlikeliness that foreign agencies would share such quality intelligence with the rebels.)

In the Free Syria Army intelligence report, it had this description regarding the incident that occurred last night:
Several source mentioned that Israel's Air Forces assaulted an uncompleted building in the town of Al baath, Qunietra region, just on the border of Israel. the building collapsed and there were no casualties reported.

Naar net had this to say about it: The assault was made from the ground, while a chopper hovered above the building.

(The assault was against a building in Assad's/Hezbollah controlled territory, it is a possibility this was done by Israel to deter attempts by Iran/hezbollah to barricade posts along the Israeli border)

Islamic Army spokesperson, Alush, had said that the recent cease fire was the result of international pressure being pressed on Assad's and that regardless, Assad bombardment of Al Ruta, a damascus suburb had continued despite the cease fire announcement.

An interesting movement spotted yesterday by the Free Syrian Army:
A large Syrian convoy numbering dozens of heavy vehicles and trucks loaded with soldiers left Aleppo heading to Latakia, at the coast in the west of Syria. what's interesting is that this heavily guarded convoy routed from Aleppo, to Al safira and then to Khanasar (a rather long reroute), so unless that convoy had another quick assignment somewhere during that route, it means that the Syrian army is having troubles controlling and securing the highly strategic direct route from Aleppo to Latakia

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Sentry has some dank ideas

Especially intriguing is their theory of Assad's inner circle beginning to eat itself. What exactly is the "political security service" entrusted with doing?

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I agree, especially considering that in Syria the inner circle is basically made of family members.

I believe its this agency, but i am not enitrely sure:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_Security_Directorate

Check out the latest reported head of that agency. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rustum_Ghazaleh he didn't get a happy ending as well.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 04:11:34 pm by Vilanat »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Neat. I wonder why he doesn't think it could be the Turks or Saudi giving intelligence to the rebels.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He said it's a possibility, but i guess it's more likely that it came from the inside since although the Syrian inner circles is made up from mostly Alawites that somehow relate to the Assad-Machluf family, there are disagreements about Iran's involvement and Bashar's legitimacy.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 136