Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 210

Author Topic: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!  (Read 355171 times)

toonguy40

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!
« Reply #2640 on: April 11, 2017, 11:14:00 pm »

Hey Fewah, I made an account on here specifically to ask this question: Are you in the States?  Because people on the forums questioned whether you were meaning the FTC since you referred to the government agency as the "Trades Bureau".  Your date of 22 days at the time you wrote your post would mean this Friday if I'm right, but I'm not sure how much enforcement of refunds would actually happen if they aren't affiliated with the United States, especially on a broader level.  Outside jurisdiction etc etc.

Edit: It's the 15th now, so the date has passed.  Josh hasn't posted any update.  You haven't responded to this comment yet, but if you could Fewah please do tell me if there's been any update on your part. If not, I'd ask that you try and make contact with the Bureau again, as I was hyped and am now very curious about what happened.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 03:58:54 pm by toonguy40 »

Fewah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: April 18, 2017, 03:32:44 pm »

Hey Fewah, I made an account on here specifically to ask this question: Are you in the States?  Because people on the forums questioned whether you were meaning the FTC since you referred to the government agency as the "Trades Bureau".  Your date of 22 days at the time you wrote your post would mean this Friday if I'm right, but I'm not sure how much enforcement of refunds would actually happen if they aren't affiliated with the United States, especially on a broader level.  Outside jurisdiction etc etc.

Edit: It's the 15th now, so the date has passed.  Josh hasn't posted any update.  You haven't responded to this comment yet, but if you could Fewah please do tell me if there's been any update on your part. If not, I'd ask that you try and make contact with the Bureau again, as I was hyped and am now very curious about what happened.

Yes it's the FTC, but when you call and speak to the agents they reply with Bureau.

Update, I contacted them again just to follow up and they said the investigation is ongoing and there are no further updates as they've been unable to contact Josh by conventional means. I have no idea what that means... I'm guessing telephone and mail?

In regards to your question about time... they said specifically BUSINESS DAYS, so weekends and official holidays do not count towards the allowed response and delivery time. The fact that the FTC acknowledged that had initial contact with him and gave him a deadline to do something... is really odd how hes once again put out an update months ago and gone completely silent AGAIN.

How you're unable to at least write a paragraph here and there is beyond me.

I'm supposed to get a follow up in a week, but I feel like I'll probably have to call back.

Take this for what you want, but its looking like Josh is MIA even towards the government.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 03:43:00 pm by Fewah »

toonguy40

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: April 20, 2017, 02:42:57 pm »

Thank you for the response!  Again, I was very excited for the potential of some conclusion to this whole ordeal...  Whether that be positive with Josh having something for us to screw around with (if not beta then I was hoping for some sort of scenario viewer, personally) or negative with Josh making an update about refunds.

I'm still excited, actually!  I've been on this ride for...  About two years, now that I think about it.  Only backed in late 2015.  The hindsight that I thought beta was coming out in just a few weeks for...  Months on end, back then, combined with the fact that Shadows Behind the Throne (which I'd highly suggest everybody try out!) is becoming a thing...  It really makes me realize that whether by scam or perfectionism or an inability to get it to work right to a playable degree...  TWS probably isn't going to come out, at least not by Josh.  If he does, great!

I don't have my hopes up anymore, though.  So yes, thank you!  I'm VERY curious to see what happens next week or in the weeks to come.

Edit: Same as before, any update/any chance you can try to get an update?  Josh avoiding the government is quite the development, and I'm really curious if they've either A. Regained contact with him or B. What the plan is if he's still unresponsive.  Since I can't imagine the Bureau would just sit around and wait for very long, but I have no idea if they have the resources to send an agent to his residence or the authority to have local police visit and forcibly regain contact.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 04:06:03 pm by toonguy40 »

Fewah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: May 01, 2017, 10:27:34 am »

Thank you for the response!  Again, I was very excited for the potential of some conclusion to this whole ordeal...  Whether that be positive with Josh having something for us to screw around with (if not beta then I was hoping for some sort of scenario viewer, personally) or negative with Josh making an update about refunds.

I'm still excited, actually!  I've been on this ride for...  About two years, now that I think about it.  Only backed in late 2015.  The hindsight that I thought beta was coming out in just a few weeks for...  Months on end, back then, combined with the fact that Shadows Behind the Throne (which I'd highly suggest everybody try out!) is becoming a thing...  It really makes me realize that whether by scam or perfectionism or an inability to get it to work right to a playable degree...  TWS probably isn't going to come out, at least not by Josh.  If he does, great!

I don't have my hopes up anymore, though.  So yes, thank you!  I'm VERY curious to see what happens next week or in the weeks to come.

Edit: Same as before, any update/any chance you can try to get an update?  Josh avoiding the government is quite the development, and I'm really curious if they've either A. Regained contact with him or B. What the plan is if he's still unresponsive.  Since I can't imagine the Bureau would just sit around and wait for very long, but I have no idea if they have the resources to send an agent to his residence or the authority to have local police visit and forcibly regain contact.

No news

I was specifically told they'd contact me when they have something to report to the consumer and me following up wouldnt lead to any different responses.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: May 15, 2017, 02:10:51 am »

New post in KS
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: May 15, 2017, 02:19:07 am »

Huh. I can't necessarily say that this changes much about the overall situation, but I'll still buy the game if he manages to release it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: May 15, 2017, 02:54:24 am »

Care to enlighten the rest of us filthy, unwashed plebians?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: May 15, 2017, 02:58:36 am »

There's a link to the kickstarter in the OP, but it's basically another update where he's done some stuff and apologizes again for how long this whole deal's taking. It does rather dispel the notion of it being an intentional scam, though I do doubt it'll be done anytime soon.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: May 15, 2017, 03:09:54 am »

If its not a scam they could give me my money back  : )

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: May 15, 2017, 04:11:06 am »

There's a link to the kickstarter in the OP, but it's basically another update where he's done some stuff and apologizes again for how long this whole deal's taking. It does rather dispel the notion of it being an intentional scam, though I do doubt it'll be done anytime soon.

... Yeah I heard kickstarter and immediately thought it was the backer's only bit. My mistake, sorry.

I still want to see a video, though.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: May 15, 2017, 05:02:29 am »

I donnt think it dispels anything. Everything stays the same.

If he actually gives a release date and follows it through I'll actually concede on this. Otherwise? He's a crook until proven innocent.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: May 15, 2017, 05:08:24 am »

If its not a scam they could give me my money back  : )
Um, the only way you could possibly get your money back is if it is a scam.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: May 15, 2017, 07:25:59 am »

Oh, not true, not true. I'm sure there's someone out there you could trick into paying an inflated amount up front for your kickstarter or whatev' access, regardless as to if you can or will actually give it to them. Could also use ranting about it as a hook for some sort of video or article type series, net equivalent amount of dosh as investment through ads and donations. Probably other stuff, too! The world of recouping financial loss is wide and varied.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: May 15, 2017, 08:17:24 am »

Unseen machinations of that which sleeps continue to move.  What will come of it is anyone's guess.  Perhaps it will come to nothing, as it has been for the eons we have known, yet there is that slight feeling in the back of the mind...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: May 15, 2017, 09:04:40 am »

Ah, the cycle continues. Still, lots of screenshots and info on how the game is supposed to work. Would be nice to see a video, though.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 210