Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 210

Author Topic: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!  (Read 355248 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!
« Reply #2730 on: November 21, 2017, 08:39:45 pm »

This thread keeps on giving.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: November 21, 2017, 08:44:04 pm »

This thread game keeps on giving.

Fix't.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: November 21, 2017, 08:44:28 pm »

Just a month after mating, a female octopus can lay as many as 100,000 eggs.

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: November 21, 2017, 09:59:24 pm »

It has many of the same curious elements, like turns that process instantly. Like at 4:00 where he clicks forward two turns with two clicks and seemingly 0 processing time.

Looking at the video, I'm noticing that it's taking 10+ turns for his agents to actually accomplish missions and the like in the game. My guess is that turns are going very quickly because the AI is similarly waiting for its own stuff to resolve. It doesn't look like Civ V where each turn every civilization has units to move around, cities to manage, etc, etc. The bookkeeping for all of the nodes should be trivial too, unless he's massively over-complicated matters or is running some very weird calculations.

Of course they could also be processing quickly because nothing is going on underneath the hood, but we'll see eventually.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: November 21, 2017, 10:15:43 pm »

Just a month after mating, a female octopus can lay as many as 100,000 eggs.

I must say, I had been thinking I should wait and see if the dev eventually turned this game out, or at least not care about it, but after learning this, I'm ready to join the online witch hunt.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: November 21, 2017, 10:50:51 pm »

I thought the video showed great promise - it looks like exactly the kind of thing that I would love to play.
As a bonus, the graphics/art assets look really polished.

Now, that said - I'm glad I'm not a backer, because this game has been a total shitshow for - what is it? Years now?

However, when/if it ever emerges onto Steam, I will be purchasing it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: November 21, 2017, 10:52:17 pm »

I dunno, it's still firmly within in the timeline of most Kickstarter games. Shit, I backed Rogue-U a couple years before this and it still ain't out yet either.

Decidedly fewer people shouting FRAUD at that game though.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: November 21, 2017, 11:09:16 pm »

Dunno what it is about this one that brings the fraudcallers out of the woodworks. Sheer chance and momentum, perhaps.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: November 22, 2017, 12:09:14 am »

People are more ready to accept that someone making a game about being evil is evil, perhaps?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: November 22, 2017, 01:30:20 am »

Dev drama is really tiresome.  Can't we make another thread for it or something?

Shit looks cool and I continue to desire this.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: November 22, 2017, 02:50:56 am »

Looking at the Video, jesus fucking christ that looks like bloody feature creep caused the death (almost death?) of this game.

I mean there is so much random extra stuff in there...extra diplomacy with ancients, those random wilderness creatures (vormurri and the other ones which are shown briefly) and i think he vastly expanded the list of agents too.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: November 22, 2017, 04:14:21 am »

Diplomacy with Ancients was a workaround for AI of ancients (i.e. not having to do it to complex)

Really this video just has soooo many moments of numbers adjusting, mouse touching a pop-up for 0.2 sec and there being something.

See you for the next video in 6 months.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 06:06:23 am by ThtblovesDF »

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: November 22, 2017, 05:59:36 am »

I'm with Farce, Dev drama goes somewhere else. Come on, there's easily a juicy title to be made.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: November 22, 2017, 09:04:45 am »

Really this video just has soooo many moments of numbers adjusting, mouse touching a pop-up for 0.2 sec and there being something.

This is my problem too. It looks like this is the sixth video in a series, after going though expanding all the mechanics he's ready to actually show some gameplay. But it's not, it's the first one. Like putting aside if this is fraud or not, the video seems kinda crap because it's just throwing a bunch of contextless gibberish out. Too fast, too lacking in explanations of what mechanics do. Maybe there's background context somewhere, but I wasn't really able to find it for most of this video. Like he mentions a lot about how he wants madness and how of course madness is good but never describes wtf madness is?

I guess it'd be somewhat understandable if this was actually a real working game, he'd want to show as much of it as possible as fast as possible to get people to stop thinking he's a fraud. But yeah, for now, I'm going to have to hold any judgement about the game because I still have no idea how it works (other then vaguely sending agents to do "things" at "places")
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 09:06:22 am by Criptfeind »

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: November 22, 2017, 09:24:17 am »

Madness is an objective good. Everyone is mad. Madness is everyone.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 210