Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 210

Author Topic: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!  (Read 358740 times)

KingDinosaurGames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That Which Sleeps
Re: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!
« Reply #1035 on: October 30, 2014, 10:13:30 am »

Would it be possible to have the guildmaster give the heroes powerful abilities that come with grave costs, like the sword that the Peddler leaves behind? I could easily imagine a guild or group of mages being enticed with UNLIMITED POWER only to burn out in its corrupting power.

Not necessarily the Guildmaster but you can extend Dark Pacts to Heroes/Leaders, forge corrupt artifacts to hand over, and empower spells that will entice spellcasters to use them despite the toll on their will. 

List still pending, but I think this mornings charge attempt is the last one.  Doesn't give us feedback on the exact days left but math tells me this should be the last day before we get the list.
That Which Sleeps
IndieDB| Website | Twitter

Lapoleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: October 30, 2014, 05:32:02 pm »

KDG, the list of Paypal-payers should be complete, so maybe they could keep you company of the poor empty forum. Hint, hint  ;)

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: October 30, 2014, 05:32:54 pm »

Will there be devlogs or updates awaiting on us on the forums, or have you just been busy getting everything set up?

And though I know you didn't intend it, getting access to the forums for a game about demons taking over the world on Halloween is oddly fitting. And if we don't get treated to access, I'm sure we can figure out some trick to play on you. :P
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

KingDinosaurGames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That Which Sleeps
« Reply #1038 on: October 31, 2014, 01:17:57 am »

Will there be devlogs or updates awaiting on us on the forums, or have you just been busy getting everything set up?

And though I know you didn't intend it, getting access to the forums for a game about demons taking over the world on Halloween is oddly fitting. And if we don't get treated to access, I'm sure we can figure out some trick to play on you. :P

We won't be resuming DevLogs until after we have worked through the Map Assets as it consumes every waking hour of my time at this point, but we will be posting up raw footage of gameplay/testing as it emerges (I accidentally deleted the old raw footage while doing KS cleanup).  Their are updates as well as the polls setup for voting on agents, and we have many of the map asset samples we have received up for review and discussion. 

I think KS is all set now, I don't see any new charge attempts and people have been removed (why doesn't KS actually change the status of the list?)  So I'm going to do some due diligence on the list today, then probably start importing a few of the highest tiers.  As long as they have no problem then we'll go ahead and start rolling people in.
That Which Sleeps

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: October 31, 2014, 12:17:21 pm »

Should we have received a confirmation email if our charge was successful?  Because I'm still listed as a backer but I don't have an email or anything.  I haven't had a chance to check my history to see if it went through.
Shoes...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: October 31, 2014, 12:58:48 pm »

Should we have received a confirmation email if our charge was successful?  Because I'm still listed as a backer but I don't have an email or anything.  I haven't had a chance to check my history to see if it went through.

I definitely got my payment confirmation email as soon as the campaign closed.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: October 31, 2014, 01:16:44 pm »

Yeah should be an email from amazon payments confirming right as the campaign closed.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: October 31, 2014, 01:19:04 pm »

Okay, I didn't get the email but amazon payments has it confirmed on the site.  We good.

Edit, apparently if you have XCOm you automatically have the alpha.

The fuuuuuck, I wish I'd known that earlier!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 11:06:25 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

KingDinosaurGames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That Which Sleeps
« Reply #1043 on: October 31, 2014, 11:16:20 pm »

Okay, I didn't get the email but amazon payments has it confirmed on the site.  We good.

Edit, apparently if you have XCOm you automatically have the alpha.

The fuuuuuck, I wish I'd known that earlier!

Kickstarter stripped out the failed charges this morning - still confused as to why they don't actually have a status that changes, you have to infer from the removal that it is complete.  The entire process technically doesn't complete for 14 days, so maybe they wait for that window to send a final update - but we don't want to wait that long obviously.  We got yet another high quality art sample today, and we're anxious to both get people's eyes on it, but also to get the Scenario Viewer out with some of the assets integrated.

Everyone should receive an email with forum access by the end of the weekend -if you haven't received anything by Monday you can either message me here, on KS, or at kingdinosaurgames@gmail.com

@Xgamer4 - Update on videos, my number one priority next week is Resource Viewer out to Beta Backers so I'll be uploading videos from that process - then I'll be integrating the highest rated assets into the engine so we can see how it looks at the proper scale (zoomed in/out, with cities and units, etc) so even if you aren't a Beta Backer you'll be able to check out a video seeing how it looks.  After that I want to get back to the Military bugs that I've had in queue for 2 months now to fix, so that will be the next highlight.  Regular Dev Logs will resume once the art assets are squared away.
That Which Sleeps

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: October 31, 2014, 11:20:35 pm »

Oops, it looks like I edited the wrong post.  You do not automatically have hte That Which Sleeps Alpha if you have Xcom.
Shoes...

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: November 01, 2014, 06:54:33 am »

Congrats on the Kickstart! I just sent you a PM!
Poysky Productions

Romanul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: November 01, 2014, 06:17:00 pm »

How did the overall payments go? Was the number of invalid pledges in line with your expectation? Taking them into consideration, did we drop below the last stretch goal?

KingDinosaurGames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That Which Sleeps
« Reply #1047 on: November 01, 2014, 07:37:37 pm »

How did the overall payments go? Was the number of invalid pledges in line with your expectation? Taking them into consideration, did we drop below the last stretch goal?

Based on other postmortems we had a little more than average failed charges - yes it definitely would have put us below the stretch goal but we factored in the expected failure rate when planning the stretch goals (factored in KS, Amazon, failure - 11% total).
That Which Sleeps

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #1048 on: November 01, 2014, 10:26:56 pm »

Are the Forums gonna be out for the Plebians who chouldnt get in the Kickstarter?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 08:38:51 am by wer6 »
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: November 01, 2014, 11:15:08 pm »

@Xgamer4 - Update on videos, my number one priority next week is Resource Viewer out to Beta Backers so I'll be uploading videos from that process - then I'll be integrating the highest rated assets into the engine so we can see how it looks at the proper scale (zoomed in/out, with cities and units, etc) so even if you aren't a Beta Backer you'll be able to check out a video seeing how it looks.  After that I want to get back to the Military bugs that I've had in queue for 2 months now to fix, so that will be the next highlight.  Regular Dev Logs will resume once the art assets are squared away.

Ooohh, yay! Good to know. I was more wondering if there was anything set up for us to look at on the forums (and devlogs were the first to come to mind), or whether it was just a place to move the discussion for now. So not only does that answer my question, it's really exciting, and it's great to have an update on devlogs as well.

insert something mind-blowing/witty here*
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 210