Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 210

Author Topic: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!  (Read 358721 times)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!
« Reply #1320 on: April 20, 2015, 05:21:09 pm »

I got excited for the race (blame Tolkien) vote, but then it turned out to be the one from last week that I already voted in, heh.

Anyway, I'm glad they've consistently been putting out weekly updates. The screenshot previews we've seen recently look great, especially when you compare it to the prekickstarter previews.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Lapoleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: April 23, 2015, 09:33:52 am »

Another fun anecdote:

Q: In your testing, what is the most awesome thing you've seen a really desperate AI do?
A: My favorite thing was much earlier, before we had the stat "Desperation" - but a massive orc horde was moving in from the south on what had become a large breakaway monarchy from Arden, and when tribals invade their are many ways to respond to the problem 'without violence.' So the Queen offers to marry the Orc Chief, who accepts, and becomes King Gna'kar I of the Orleen Dynasty. To make it even worse, he was a fair and just ruler who would later join the Alliance.

Meanwhile Josh has let slip that the Dragonkin will be added as a major race even though they didn't win the previous vote and there are quite a few Lovecraftian races present(Mi Go, Deep Ones, Great Race).

We'll also be seeing the new Modding video today, with further videos and the tools themselves being released during the weekend.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: April 23, 2015, 01:54:01 pm »

there are quite a few Lovecraftian races present(Mi Go, Deep Ones, Great Race).

If I wasn't sold before I sure as hell am now.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: April 24, 2015, 06:04:33 am »

We'll also be seeing the new Modding video today

..or not.  :D
Anyway, they still haven't improved the vanilla map gfx. It's still the same and it looks bad [especially the PoIs], except for the mountains maybe. Perhaps they plan to upgrade these while we're in the beta. [Not a real problem, since we can mod these as well, it was just a side note.]
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 06:08:59 am by gimli »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: April 24, 2015, 06:08:01 am »

Friday/Saturday/Sunday was their original plan so I'm banking on that being true here. 

I've also got faith that the mod tools will be released this weekend.  Sunday at like 4 AM if the trend continues.  After that, I'm expecting two weeks to a month for beta.

I've been hurt before but I'm putting my trust in this one.  Probably the last time I'll ever follow a game like this.  Getting an internship this summer and beginning my Real Life.
Shoes...

Lapoleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: April 24, 2015, 06:16:12 am »

there are quite a few Lovecraftian races present(Mi Go, Deep Ones, Great Race).

If I wasn't sold before I sure as hell am now.

Since you're interested, here's what we know about them:
Mi Go: They'll send expeditions to dig up artefacts. They'll also take a look at what heroes/notables they'll find interesting, contact them and steal their brains after a while. Unfortunately, they might take an interest in one of your agents as well.
Deep Ones: The Deep Ones will spawn near coastal towns a will be able to create corrupted bloodlines, these might start on the scale of Innsmouth, but if the village grows into a larger city the corruption might spread to noble houses etc.
Great Race: Josh accidentally mentioned them, so we don't know what they'll do exactly. But presumably they'll be a good source of Lore and they'll mindswap with random heroes or Agents.

..or not.  :D
My F5 key is getting tired  :)

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: April 24, 2015, 08:40:14 am »

Friday/Saturday/Sunday was their original plan so I'm banking on that being true here. 

I've also got faith that the mod tools will be released this weekend.  Sunday at like 4 AM if the trend continues.  After that, I'm expecting two weeks to a month for beta.

I've been hurt before but I'm putting my trust in this one.  Probably the last time I'll ever follow a game like this.  Getting an internship this summer and beginning my Real Life.

I've mentioned it off hand on the forums but, as annoying as these delays are, the vast majority of my backed Kickstarter games were doing great to release 9 months to a year late. So I'm not too worried.

Though for personal selfish reasons I would like everything to gist start working.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: April 24, 2015, 08:47:13 am »

I've been hurt before but I'm putting my trust in this one.

Don't worry Cthulhu, you'll love again.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: April 24, 2015, 09:30:09 am »

Lovecraft Stuff

Thanks for the summary. I'm one of the unwashed who's waiting till release so I don't get super-special infos.

I'm glad someone's taking time to do the races right. It's cool that people put their own spin on things but by now it seems like everyone's just retelling HPL their own way because it's kinda underground trendy.

And it's back to lurking for me....
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: April 26, 2015, 06:48:23 am »

ventuswings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: April 26, 2015, 06:43:30 pm »

Can't wait to see all these mechanics play out in the field.

On the side note, I'm pleased to hear that Dragonkin and The Devourer (?) will be making their entrance into the game despite their lack of popularity. When you don't have enough influence to convert the masses, brute-force your will by performing secret rituals in the basement!  8)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: April 26, 2015, 09:01:26 pm »

I am very hyped for this.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: April 26, 2015, 10:12:25 pm »

PTW.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: April 27, 2015, 05:01:59 am »

Can't wait to see all these mechanics play out in the field.

Yeah, and on a related note, we can just only hope, that the AI will be good enough to react properly to the player's actions. Basically the whole game is about manipulating the AI controlled world [kingdoms, heroes, rulers, agents etc..] The gameplay mechanics are decent and also complex so I am a bit worried that the AI won't be good enough to offer a real challenge, but we shall see. I wouldn't mind if the game would stay in beta for a half year [or more] even to polish the gameplay and the AI as well for the v1.0 release.

Oh, and here is Project Update 4-27-2015.

"We did NOT release the Mod Tools, lacking the time to fix some issues found we'll be releasing them once we've fixed them. We do have the two remaining videos to release, and we're preparing a video on Military Combat which has been often requested."

I just can't wait to see this military combat video.  8)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 05:07:51 am by gimli »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: April 27, 2015, 06:55:26 am »

Eh, you'll have people complaining about difficulty for both sides.  It'll be a thing if they overtune the 'jump to conclusion, there is player out there, lets hunt it and kill it' thong.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 210