Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 210

Author Topic: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!  (Read 358723 times)

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: That which sleeps- Kickstarted!
« Reply #2235 on: July 10, 2016, 02:00:29 pm »

The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

SangerZonvolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: July 10, 2016, 04:37:15 pm »

Well after the rollercoaster a slow steady progress would be very welcome.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: July 10, 2016, 05:10:11 pm »

Watching this game's progress has been a roller coaster, but at least that looks like light at the end of the tunnel.
Yes, there certainly is.

But in seriousness, I am looking forward to at least seeing what results.  I'm honestly not expecting much, but I don't think it'll be the end of the world if the project ends up going off the rails.

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: July 10, 2016, 10:28:11 pm »

Watching this game's progress has been a roller coaster, but at least that looks like light at the end of the tunnel.
Yes, there certainly is.

But in seriousness, I am looking forward to at least seeing what results.  I'm honestly not expecting much, but I don't think it'll be the end of the world if the project ends up going off the rails.
Watch the puns; we need to keep things on track.
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: July 11, 2016, 03:05:05 am »

Lest we derail.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: July 11, 2016, 09:10:55 am »

I can already feel my train of thought being hijacked.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: July 11, 2016, 09:52:37 am »

Come on guys. We can conduct ourselves better than this. Remember our training. I don't want to see this thread get railroaded into a direction we don't want.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: July 11, 2016, 09:59:10 am »

Come on guys. We can conduct ourselves better than this. Remember our training. I don't want to see this thread get railroaded into a direction we don't want.
Now you're just jumping on the bandwagon.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

SangerZonvolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: July 11, 2016, 10:56:01 am »

Short update aparently Fen and Josh already met again. No details, but at least there seems to be stable communication between the two now.

sirvente

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: July 19, 2016, 01:50:06 pm »

Apparently KDG are planning on releasing what they actually have by august. As this involves ripping even more out of the build Fenicks poked with a stick I'm not sure why it'd take so long or even why they'd bother.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: July 19, 2016, 01:59:01 pm »

"Planning" should probably be interpreted as loosely as possible. It sounds like communication between Josh and Fenicks has improved, which is great, but the actual state of the project sounds... not as great.

And in other news, the relentless onslaught of the remaining posters has driven Sean - the most active moderator and community member - away. Definitely not a good sign as far as morale is concerned, but it does hammer home that That Which Sleeps has been well-worth its price for the drama alone. It's the gift that keeps on giving, in that regard... though whether that's a good thing or not is up for debate.

(Sean, I know you have an account here. I can completely understand why you resigned, and I sympathize. This is probably a little bit painful for you)
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2247 on: July 19, 2016, 02:00:56 pm »

It's kind of amusing. At this point it seems like the people angry about there not being a game are actively hurting the chances of the game being produced.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: July 19, 2016, 02:13:48 pm »

That's  victim blaming you know
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: July 19, 2016, 02:34:03 pm »

That's  victim blaming you know
Eh there's a difference between complaining because you feel wronged (even angily complaining) and doing so in a way that is bad enough to cause effects. It would be like if a post office lost a bunch of paycheck mail and people were angry; people complaining and even yelling would be totally justified in that type of situation, but people forming a rioting crowd so large that it stops the post office from being able to get the mail trucks in/out of the post office wouldn't be justified. In the same way complaining would be justified, but flaming and attacks or other things that a moderator actively needs to deal with? Not so much.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 210