Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (Lack of) Evil Weather  (Read 1285 times)

c0mplex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(Lack of) Evil Weather
« on: August 11, 2016, 04:26:46 pm »

This is something I have just begun to notice as I have tried setting up forts in evil biomes; there seems to be a lack of variety in evil weather in the latest updates and I'm not sure why. At best, I get a never-ending torrent of blood rain which does nothing but spook a particularly small fraction of my dwarves, makes the map look ugly, and perpetually remind me that my dwarves won't clean blood above ground.

Now granted, I have maybe only set up fortresses three times using the new Masterwork in the past few weeks so maybe I just kept ending up with the same blood rain weather and that if I keep trying, I will find an evil biome that rains something other than blood or could even produce evil clouds, both with effects other than mild irritation. But since the game seems to act up once I start making a whole bunch of save files/worlds, it would take a far longer time generating worlds and searching for more weather effects than it would to just straight up ask if the lack of variety is part of the mod, part of the pre-set world generators, or I'm just unlucky and haven't encountered anything else.

So yeah, any insight into this issue would be appreciated. It isn't really fun to settle evil biomes for me if the weather isn't interesting.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: (Lack of) Evil Weather
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 04:33:24 pm »

Its exactly the same evil weather that vanilla DF has. You can increase the amount of types in the worldgen settings.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::