Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarftail 0.0.1  (Read 3199 times)

schedar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Dwarftail 0.0.1
« on: August 08, 2014, 06:48:43 pm »

_____                      __ _        _ _
 |  __ \                    / _| |      (_) |
 | |  | |_      ____ _ _ __| |_| |_ __ _ _| |
 | |  | \ \ /\ / / _` | '__|  _| __/ _` | | |
 | |__| |\ V  V / (_| | |  | | | || (_| | | |
 |_____/  \_/\_/ \__,_|_|  |_|  \__\__,_|_|_|

Dwarftail is a simple and lightweight utility to display Dwarf Fortress announcments in separate window.
Let me know if you find a bug or you would like some features to be added.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dwarftail/

Screenshot:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 03:36:05 am by schedar »

yxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarftail 0.0.1
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 07:37:02 pm »

nice work!,

I would ask for some features:
+diferent color lines for battles/sparring/etc, for example looking at your screenshot it would be:
          all actions of the giant wolverine in an yellow backround, and the actions of the militia commander in a grey background (or a
          proper color set)
 Or maybe with the visual of a chat ?:

+a log option for the key 'k->V' (look->description), lets say I look this tile and his description and then this cabinet and his description and so on... all that descriptions screens with info now gets in the new log option ??

sorry for my english...

and thanks for this app =)

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 09:06:35 am »

At first, thanks for your development of this utilite.
Possible, now it simply, but in future, with some features it can be very useful.
1)At first, this utilite can make dairy of choosen dwarf.
2)Secondary, it can remember the cause and effect of something
This can looking like: Dwarf Urist Mac… lost his friend tragedly resently, he sad about of death of Likot Mac… who killed by tame war crocodile, who was trained by goblin Assgcdfd… now Dwarf Urist Mac is in tantrum and he bite the cat of the Urist mac Mayor and ets.
I think, that in fortress with hundred of dwarfs player probadly does n't able to see and remember all this facts, but this facts it is a really VERY important part of DwarfFortress,
P.S.Sorry for  my terrible english and thanks for your app

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 12:08:33 pm »

It looks cool to me, if it could spit out a txt file with the log contents afterwards, that would be pretty cool, especially if it titled it

1rst Saga of (Fortress name)
2nd...
3rd ... ... the barony of fortress name (where applicable?)

1rst Saga of (Adventurer name) [add titles in segments as characters gains them?!?!]
2nd...

It all sounds really cool, especially to someone who's most complicated program was a reflex dodging reverse wackamole game in VB back in highschool :)).

goddosupido

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 09:39:19 am »

I like the idea of Heretic, about being able to track back what exactly happened to dwarves, very useful for RP. But I guess we are probably a long way from this, so export the reports to a txt file sounds great to me, and very useful already (aswell as colors). It's cool to see so many utilities for DF  :D