Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [0.34.11] [FPS Improvement] Deadly Magma Without Temperature  (Read 6422 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11] Deadly Magma Without Temperature?
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 07:28:23 am »

You could make a placeholder creature "burning corpse" which dies immediately, and make the interaction transform them into one. The fact that they do the interaction means that the effects are not too severe/do not work in arena properly. Try the transformation.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

omega_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Architect, Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2014, 12:20:53 pm »

:o

What. It works.

---

So, did some additional testing with the transformation removed.

Massively increasing the severity and duration of the bleeding did nothing. I tried it in dwarf mode (on fresh worlds) and the arena; did absolutely nothing. But the transformation worked right away. The heck? Do we...have to specify which body parts get hurt, or something? (Is LOCALIZED not good enough?)

Also, the modified raws can be inserted into already-generated worlds with only one ill effect...DF seems to have trouble quitting (saving/abandoning is fine, but you have to end task to get the process to die.)

I'll get cracking on that burning corpse now - I'll post the raws when it's done. But it would be better if we could just get the normal creature effects to work. Any idea why they won't?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2014, 12:24:20 pm »

This might be a nice addition to Accelerated DF. It would run even faster without temperature, yet magma would still be deadly. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

omega_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2014, 02:18:25 pm »

I'm glad it could help, if you decide to use it! Your massive mods (both of yours) look pretty darn awesome! I haven't tried them yet, but will sometime.

Thanks for all the help, all of you! (Especially Meph, who is a god among modders.)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2014, 03:23:36 pm »

I may be wrong, but I don't think interactions can use the LOCALIZED tag for syndromes. Since an interaction doesn't actually inject or splatter on a specified body part the effect will be completely ignored.
If an effect can not be applied to the contacted limb (such as IMPAIR_FUNCTION on a non-organ) then this token makes the syndrome have no effect. This token also makes inhaled syndromes have no effect.
I think if you remove LOCALIZED it will work.

omega_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2014, 03:35:35 pm »

Mm, nope, removing LOCALIZED doesn't want to make a difference either. Nor does adding BP:ALL:ALL. It is terrible.

So, another quick noobish question: how would I make the temporary flaming corpse disappear/die immediately/quickly?

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2014, 04:45:44 pm »

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:COLD_MAGMA_VULNERABILITY]
   [I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
   [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_CANNOT_TARGET_IF_ALREADY_AFFECTED]
   [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
   [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
      [IE_LOCATION:IN_MAGMA]
[SYNDROME]
         [CE_BLEEDING:SEV:5000:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ALL:START:0:PEAK:1:END:10000]
         [CE_PAIN:SEV:5000:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ALL:START:0:PEAK:1:END:10000]

This killed any Dwarf that entered Magma within 20 ticks. Could probably make it faster by upping the severity (or adding Necrosis)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2014, 04:50:52 pm »

I use this for instakill transformations:

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:INSTAKILL_CREATURE]
[CREATURE_CLASS:ALL_CREATURES][DESCRIPTION:Cloud of blood and gore]
[NAME:cloud of blood and gore:cloud of blood and gore:cloud of blood and gore]
[CASTE_NAME:cloud of blood and gore:cloud of blood and gore:cloud of blood and gore]
[CREATURE_TILE:'!'][COLOR:RED]
[BODY:BASIC_1PARTBODY_THOUGHT]
[MATERIAL:KINDLING]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL:RED]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:blood]
[IGNITE_POINT:1000]
[BOILING_POINT:1000]
[HEATDAM_POINT:1000]
[MAT_FIXED_TEMP:10000]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:exploding gore]
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:exploding gore]
[TISSUE:KINDLING]
[TISSUE_NAME:blood:NP]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:KINDLING]
[TISSUE_MAT_STATE:SOLID]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:KINDLING]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:70000][CASTE:GENERIC]
[ITEMCORPSE:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:BLOOD_VAPOR]
"Goblin Swordman has transformed into a cloud of blood and gore."

It leave a itemcorpse boulder of BLOOD_VAPOR, which is just a red stone that boils away, so you wont get any corpses. Obviously that requires temperature (to boil away), so you best change that to something more fitting, or leave the itemcorpse part out. ... Wait. I am not thinking straight... this creature uses temperature to die in the first place, so it wont work in the first place.

Mh... try a creature with AQUATIC. It should air-drown, because its not in water anymore. Not sure if they can breathe magma. ^^
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

omega_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2014, 06:37:39 pm »

Aha! Roses, nice catch - I was using BP:ALL:ALL instead of BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ALL. That fixes everything!

I was trying to make it airdrown earlier with the AQUATIC tag, but I guess DF didn't like my custom creature, because it kept making my dwarves into toads. Default transformation creature? I like Toady's sense of humor :P

Or taste in animals for that matter...

Anyway, so it works perfectly now (minus a little bit of delay before the dwarves realize they're in magma - suggesting that some could escape unharmed from short exposure, which almost makes sense.) I'll just put the finishing touches on (!!icons!!) and post the final raws.

(After some more testing) That delay is actually caused by unconsciousness. So unconscious dwarves won't die - but whatever. They'll drown if they stay down for too long. This would be funny in the new version...you'd have dwarves sleepclimbing unharmed into volcanoes.

Thanks to everyone who helped out! The FPS shall be glorious! Now I just have to deal with all those thralls outside...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2014, 07:15:06 pm »

Default transformation creature?
First creature file is creature_amphibious, first creature in that file: The Toad. Thats why. ;)

omega_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11] [FPS Improvement] Deadly Magma Without Temperature
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2014, 08:18:05 pm »

Hehe, nice find.

I've posted the raws and reformatted the original post. Woo! Thanks all. Let me know if anyone finds a glitch.

Edit: think I should repost this in the mod releases section? Or nah?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [0.34.11] [FPS Improvement] Deadly Magma Without Temperature
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2014, 08:52:42 pm »

Proofread it again, bundle it up nicely (I mean some well formatted forum post with that) and post it in the mod-release forum. Yeah, sure. Its a neat little trick that improves gameplay when people play without temperature. If you dont post it there, only the people who have seen this thread will remember it, before it vanishes into the depths of the board.

Good job on the title btw. It includes Mod description, what kind of mod it is, and for which version it is. Cant ask for anything better. :)
Pages: 1 [2]