Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What should i do?  (Read 589 times)

mainman879

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What should i do?
« on: August 08, 2014, 08:12:38 pm »

40.07 will be out soon, and with the release of .07 i will go back to playing for now, and most likely streaming, so id like to ask the community what you guys think would help me have more fun (besides therapist/mods/graphics) i mean actual ingame stuff like ideas and projects and tips. (yes ive already seen the wiki pages with ideas) I almost exclusively play fortress mode for now.

Rum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What should i do?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 08:46:48 pm »

Im waiting for the release cycle to restart cause im still dying of anticipation for the bugfixes/new features.

But play to have fun.  once you know what to do the game gets fairly easy.   I like to make decision based off what the dwarves/their leaders would do and not an omnipresent all knowing overseer.

Build for style, not practicality.  That alone will increase your enjoyment 100%

Torrenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What should i do?
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 10:15:38 pm »

The trick may rely more on you than us.  We can submit ideas to you, but it's up to you to find interest in them.

My first thought is:  "Mega project to sink your fortress into the Semi-molten rock" - if the physics haven't changed, you can cause your fortress to cave in without digging out around it or under it, by hanging bits off of the sky in a square shape, and carrying that square shape down to the ground (constructed pillars at the sky, and stairs for the rest of it...).  If I follow the physics properly, caverns would offer a worthy complication to such a task.

Alternately, set yourself a challenge to survive with certain handicaps, like "Never sealing the gate", or "No siege weapons", or pit the (currently abundant) children against any elves your traps capture in mortal combat, conscripting any child survivors into your military.

Your imagination is the limit of what you can try for.  How strongly it holds your attention is how far you can carry the task.  May you lack for neither.
//Torrenal