Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: probably an old problem but is there a solution?  (Read 1095 times)

zeves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
probably an old problem but is there a solution?
« on: January 16, 2019, 07:23:47 pm »

So started playing df again afther a 2 year break and i have encountered some problems.

afther a few normal trades with caravan now the caravan seem to disapear when they reach my depot, maby it has something to do with me haveing 2 depots im not sure but they just disapear

had the first big tauntrum spiral, around 100 dwarves died, no one important, now theres a bunch of items spread out around the fort that seem to be stuck, cant seem to dump them or anything like that, this includes bodyparts that they have failed to move to the grave. any solution to this?

thompson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: probably an old problem but is there a solution?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 08:36:07 pm »

For the items and body parts, they might be "forbidden". You could un-forbid them so they can be hauled again.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 09:54:02 pm »

Also check the emotional status of your dwarves before assigning them anything. The stress system has been partially restored in recent releases, so severed body parts would undoubtedly be a source of trauma for the more sensitive dorfs in your fort.

Apologies in the very likely scenario that you're already aware of this and it's not the source of the issue, in which case I'm probably wasting your time. :P
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 09:56:47 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 03:34:46 am »

If I understand it correctly, having multiple trade depots causes issues, but I don't have any first hand experience of it.

Wagons "disappear" into the trade depot on arrival, but everything is still visible on the units screen when things work properly.

RLS0812

• Bay Watcher
  • ~ Cancels Everything ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 06:28:50 am »

Some traders will attempt to use a different depot - causing a traffic jam.

1: Deconstruct all except for one depot
 2: In Dfhack ... 'cleanall' command
 3: Start on the top layer of your fort .... d > b at the one corner and place a marker, than go to the bottom layer of your fort and place the marker at the other corner.

There is a known bug were sometimes hauling orders are not automatically generated when a dork drops something, a dump order is given, or a caravan leaves.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 06:30:28 am by RLS0812 »
Have you experienced the joys of a dwarven tantrum chain yet ?

zeves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 08:33:24 am »

unforbidding was the first thing i tried, then i tried the cleanowned still nothing, this is extra annoying with the new traumatic thing but in general no one likes random clutter.
so has anyone else experienced items they cant remove in any way?

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 09:40:42 am »

Does cleanowned remove trader flag (and maybe other) or only ownership information? This flag would make items unavailable, and I believe you would have to clear them yourself.

As for items of dead dwarves, if they had a tomb assigned, the items are owned by the dead, and can be only moved to the tomb area. I don't assign tomb to most dwarves, but if you did, that's the one reason the items stay where they are.