Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Body disappears if you die in a shop? .34  (Read 1549 times)

Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Body disappears if you die in a shop? .34
« on: August 10, 2014, 04:31:17 am »

Hey folks,

Usually if I die in a dungeon or something, I go back with my next character to loot the body, so I don't have to scrounge for hours to find a full set of armor.

But last time I died in a shop, after being ambushed by a squad of bandits in the capitol. I came back on my next character and killed them all in their sleep. Only problem is I could not find my old adventurer's body in there. Is it possible the body was moved or did it(and the gear) despawn?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Body disappears if you die in a shop? .34
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 02:14:33 pm »

Check legends mode. Maybe they stole your loot and impaled the corpse somewhere.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 09:49:43 pm »

They actually do that?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 02:09:49 am »

I actually had that happen to an adventurer who got killed by a pack of hyenas that managed to strangle him in his sleep. When I tried to find the corpse (which was out in the wilderness), I wasn't able to find it. Although I didn't know the exact location I died, just the area.

Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 12:26:39 am »

I would like to add that I found the dagger I threw at the bandits, as well as the sword I dropped just before dying(I died right next to it), but not the body or the armor.

I thought maybe shops have some code that deletes bodies?

The armor was key because it is a pain to scrounge up a full set searching every pile in a dungeon.

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 03:12:38 pm »

Maybe the shopkeeper claimed the body and is trying to sell it.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 04:56:04 pm »

Since it's in a shop, are you sure the body is not hidden under some trade goods or other items? you may have to scroll to the next page of items.

If not: Any necromancers nearby?