Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: J'accuse ... how? Town full of criminals looks completely normal  (Read 3455 times)

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: J'accuse ... how? Town full of criminals looks completely normal
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2014, 03:35:33 pm »

I've only had one experience with this, though I do think it's pretty significant. In a way that I think disproves one theory, every hamlet in the area would tell me that this one town specifically was a criminal organization, and no other towns. It might also be significant that it was the capital. Anyway, I go to the town, and, every building is a tavern. At first I didn't notice because I thought it was just a small area with a bunch of taverns, but I later searched the whole town and there were just taverns and the castle. I've never seen any taverns aside from those so I'd like to know if they were how they were supposed to be, they were just normal houses where everybody inside was a drunk. Anyway, I asked several people including random drunks, the mayor, the king, a religious leader, and some random kid in the castle and none of them mentioned any criminals. However after I told them the rumor, all of them said it was terrifying. After I had done that I did the search of the whole town for anything interesting, but before I finished it had turned night so I exited the travel screen to go into one of the taverns, but I was ambushed. I tried running away because my adventurer was pretty terrible at combat, but I just got one-shot once I realized running away wasn't working. The point of the story being, I think towns being run by a criminal organization results in random bandits attacking you at night.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 03:53:22 pm »

IIRC to liberate the town, you need to find and fight the patrols (which can ambush you)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2014, 04:32:45 pm »

I've only had one experience with this, though I do think it's pretty significant. In a way that I think disproves one theory, every hamlet in the area would tell me that this one town specifically was a criminal organization, and no other towns. It might also be significant that it was the capital. Anyway, I go to the town, and, every building is a tavern. At first I didn't notice because I thought it was just a small area with a bunch of taverns, but I later searched the whole town and there were just taverns and the castle. I've never seen any taverns aside from those so I'd like to know if they were how they were supposed to be, they were just normal houses where everybody inside was a drunk. Anyway, I asked several people including random drunks, the mayor, the king, a religious leader, and some random kid in the castle and none of them mentioned any criminals. However after I told them the rumor, all of them said it was terrifying. After I had done that I did the search of the whole town for anything interesting, but before I finished it had turned night so I exited the travel screen to go into one of the taverns, but I was ambushed. I tried running away because my adventurer was pretty terrible at combat, but I just got one-shot once I realized running away wasn't working. The point of the story being, I think towns being run by a criminal organization results in random bandits attacking you at night.

The 'all shops becoming taverns' is a different bug involving insurrections.

IIRC to liberate the town, you need to find and fight the patrols (which can ambush you)

Source?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 04:36:57 pm by smjjames »

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2014, 09:21:20 pm »

Source?
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/dev_2013.html
Find the word patrol on the page. I am kind of guessing that there is not much difference between a criminal occupation and a goblin occupation. I could be wrong.

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 04:04:21 pm »

As long as the guilt is unconditional I am satisfied.  8)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 06:31:20 pm »

So, liberty* and ‼justice‼ for all?

*Liberating heads from necks.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 04:03:19 am »

Don't forget Democracy and Freedom!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2014, 04:56:01 am »

If by "Democracy and Freedom" you mean "free demons" then I wholeheartedly support.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

vicwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2014, 02:27:56 pm »

guilty until proven innocent.

guilty until proven innocent.  ;D
guilty until proven more guilty.
Guilty even when proven innocent.
Guilty until proven dead.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2014, 08:18:47 pm »

guilty until proven innocent.

guilty until proven innocent.  ;D
guilty until proven more guilty.
Guilty even when proven innocent.
Guilty until proven dead.
Still guilty even when the body is cold. Make it a totem, hang it from a tree, or stick its head on a spike, please.

Remember, screwed up Dwarven Democracy and Freedom!
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs
Pages: 1 [2]