Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.07 Released  (Read 39600 times)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.40.07 Released
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2014, 04:34:49 pm »

Hmm, did something profound change with constructing walls?  I had 8 gneiss blocks in a bar/block stockpile (no bins) on the surface.  I ordered b-C-w to start building a wall.  I happened to make it 8 X's north/south.  I placed it, scrolled the cursor to the gneiss blocks, and hit Enter 8 times... except, hey wait!  It only needed 1 Enter instead of 8.  Sure enough, dwarves showed up at the wall and started building the southern 7/8 of it without blocks.  Then one dwarf took a gneiss block to the northern end to build that last tile.  The result: an 8-tile wall built from 1 gneiss block.

Then I did it again, with an east/west wall.  Same thing happened.  I now have 16 tiles of wall, and 6 gneiss blocks remaining.

This looks like a bug.

Khym Chanur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2014, 04:41:57 pm »

Allowed burrows to restrict workshop item search or not

Will this fix a lot of the "can't brew anything" problems?

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2014, 04:44:07 pm »

Hmm, did something profound change with constructing walls?  I had 8 gneiss blocks in a bar/block stockpile (no bins) on the surface.  I ordered b-C-w to start building a wall.  I happened to make it 8 X's north/south.  I placed it, scrolled the cursor to the gneiss blocks, and hit Enter 8 times... except, hey wait!  It only needed 1 Enter instead of 8.  Sure enough, dwarves showed up at the wall and started building the southern 7/8 of it without blocks.  Then one dwarf took a gneiss block to the northern end to build that last tile.  The result: an 8-tile wall built from 1 gneiss block.

Then I did it again, with an east/west wall.  Same thing happened.  I now have 16 tiles of wall, and 6 gneiss blocks remaining.

This looks like a bug.

Ayup.  Reported as #7937.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2014, 04:45:53 pm »

That depends on the players, since all the "can't brew" bugs so far have been user errors.  If a lot of users were encountering "brew problems" due to barrels being outside of a burrow, then this might help them.  I suspect about 95% of the "brew problems" were split evenly between "I installed a graphics pack" and "My mega food stockpile allows barrels and all plants are marked for hauling", but that's just my personal guess.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

BesorgterZwerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2014, 04:56:58 pm »

Thank you so much Toady for your hard work  :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2014, 05:54:00 pm »

Fixed a few problems with undead AI

Could you please go into more detail on that?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2014, 05:54:29 pm »

It had to do with the undead not pathing into the fortress, and instead just standing there.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2014, 06:51:16 pm »

press escape.
<game crashes>

I might have an angle on the escape crash -- I had to change how the calendar worked, and it might have caused the title screen to not come back properly, but I'll have to check.

Hmm, did something profound change with constructing walls?

I'm assuming that has something to do with the paved road construction count rewrite.  I'll check.

Fixed a few problems with undead AI

Could you please go into more detail on that?

There was the undead pathing when they invade, but there was also some general immobility in adv mode.  I think any specific loyalty-type problems with them killing necromancers or whatever will still be there...  and probably some immobility as well.

The parts to do with them now being reactions, hopefully.  There's still the container hauling part that's a big one.  And the other problems from plants not being usable for a few reasons that are on the tracker.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 06:54:58 pm by Toady One »
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Leadpumper

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2014, 06:59:43 pm »

Just to confirm, this is 40.06 save compatible?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2014, 07:04:08 pm »

Yeah, though who knows what'll happen with all this weirdness.

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2014, 07:15:13 pm »

Out of curiosity, what was the save corruption you were chasing yesterday? Got a bug tracker link?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2014, 07:19:01 pm »

It was somebody having a crash untraveling at a tavern, though I don't remember the number.  The game will now log "have corrupt map" when you load if your game is corrupted.  It might be possible to fix it by retiring your character/fort and deleting the feature files from the save folder, though I'm not sure how safe that is.

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2014, 07:53:20 pm »

sigh nothing for adventure mode which needs the most help right now

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2014, 08:37:01 pm »

Out of curiosity, what was the save corruption you were chasing yesterday? Got a bug tracker link?
It was somebody having a crash untraveling at a tavern, though I don't remember the number.  The game will now log "have corrupt map" when you load if your game is corrupted.  It might be possible to fix it by retiring your character/fort and deleting the feature files from the save folder, though I'm not sure how safe that is.

This one.

sigh nothing for adventure mode which needs the most help right now

Any particular problems you've encountered?

lucas95

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2014, 09:05:43 pm »

Thanks Toady, you are great!

Do I have to start a new fortress/world in order to invassions be triggered again?

(Sorry for my mediocre english, i'm not a native)

« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:11:19 pm by lucas95 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5