Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Duerer 15x15 v.0.6.A [TWBT 40.24/Classic 42.02]  (Read 150086 times)

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Duerer 15x15 tileset v.0.5 [40.13]
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2014, 09:18:57 pm »

And i was just getting used to the dwarf head tile :) but this new one looks good too, it's dwarfy enough for me. Also new furniture looks much better in my opinion. But barrels still not gothic enough :D
Seems i missed up a document with detailed information about gothicness level of every tile. But i'm sure barrel is 10/10 gothic. Of course there might be still not enough skulls and textura writings on it, but i'm working hard  :D
a few of the Dorfs are a little difficult to see and recognize.
I confirm, this might be a problem now if there aren't so many dwarfs in game. Saddest thing here that there is not enough free time for me to just play the game as a regular and test features.
Thanks for including an ASCII variant. I've linked here from my thread as a recommendation.
Oh, well, and i was thinking to delete it as a playable feature and incorporate to TWBT. Ok, if Taffer says it's good — it might actually be good.
Glad that you like it.
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Duerer TWBT tileset v.0.6.A

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Duerer 15x15 tileset v.0.5 [40.13]
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2014, 11:17:31 pm »

Oh, well, and i was thinking to delete it as a playable feature and incorporate to TWBT. Ok, if Taffer says it's good — it might actually be good. Glad that you like it.

Well you can delete it if you like. TWBT fixes most of the graphical/textual oddities that justify the need for a separate tileset. You could always keep it in the archive for people who can't/won't run DFHack, though. I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with this.

Clatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Duerer tileset [15x15][40.07]
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2014, 03:54:19 am »

Wow, that's beautiful, it looks like a tapestry.

I kind of shrugged at this when I first saw it.  Oh man, this is cool.  This should be renamed Duerer Tapestry or Cross Stitch Caverns. :)

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2014, 05:14:25 am »

Wow, that's beautiful, it looks like a tapestry.

I kind of shrugged at this when I first saw it.  Oh man, this is cool.  This should be renamed Duerer Tapestry or Cross Stitch Caverns. :)

I had an idea to make more "tapestry" version of this one, but honestly it's too hard to maintain different versions
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Clatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2014, 04:34:37 pm »

I had an idea to make more "tapestry" version of this one, but honestly it's too hard to maintain different versions

I wouldn't change a thing with the direction your going.  This is absolutely perfect!

I really like how you've made some of the quirky seams in the punctuation and other places work into the "threads" of the "tapestry".  That's the only way I can describe your genius.  And that's what DF is anyhow, weaving a new story each time you play.  So now as the player you get to scribe your own art on the wall.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 04:37:04 pm by Clatch »

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Duerer 15x15 tileset v.0.5.A [40.13]
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2014, 04:25:31 pm »

Update! Fix! Update-o-fix

Duerer v.0.5.A [40.13]

Let it be .A, because this features were meant to be in fifth release.

What's new:
— redrawn duerer_ascii to match style of its semigraphical counterpart
— removed most questionable tiles from semigraphical set (they will return in next releases)
— included modified raws to fix bauxite/puddingstone
— other minor fixes

Spoiler: new duerer_ascii (click to show/hide)

This will be final release of vanilla oriented version of Duerer and it's download link will be available in OP forever as "Duerer Classic"

And last but not least, this archive contains "dev" folder with both tilesets and hatch fill stored as separated images. So, if you want to redraw something, now it significantly easier.

How to:
— open tileset you want to modify in photoshop/gimp/wherever-you-like-to-work
— drop "duerer_dev_hatch" over it as second layer and set its blending mode to "screen"
— draw the tiles!

So, now i'm moving to TWBT (finally!). Work on 0.6 will take some time because first of all i need to analyse tile IDs and raws, draw all of the placeholders in additional tilesets, and build new fortress, cuz i'm tired showing you this cemetery :(
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Vanst7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any news on your work with TWbT? Can't wait to see what you'll be able to do with it. Can we see some screenshot of your work so far?  :D

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any news on your work with TWbT? Can't wait to see what you'll be able to do with it. Can we see some screenshot of your work so far?  :D
Busy with my work + running some tests, nothing to show yet :(
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile

This really is just fantastic.

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Happy to hear that 40.14 is finally out!
And Duerer is compatible to it.

October went a bit more crazy, than i expected, so i'm still working on next release, and i hope it won't take long.
Some screenshots to discuss:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

i00n

• Bay Watcher
  • Tetris gosu
    • View Profile

Oh man! Brilliant idea with those stairs, I absolutely love those. Good work :)

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh man! Brilliant idea with those stairs, I absolutely love those. Good work :)
Good that you like it! Thanks

Well. Actually i found that 0.5.A is not so compatible to .14 ::)

That's a new tool, stepladder.
This will be fixed in a hour.
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Luckily tools have tile numbers, so you can alter that even without changing icons in the tileset or using twbt.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Luckily tools have tile numbers, so you can alter that even without changing icons in the tileset or using twbt.
True, or i can draw it as a stair, since it's only tool to use tile 158. I'm trying to decide right now, what is the better solution.
UPD: worst thing here is the fact, that 158 is used for up-down stair in TWBT version i'm working on
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 04:54:27 pm by HaterSkater »
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What's that matter? Unless the tile being edited is 158 the + cross roads of a train track and I'm pretty sure it requires another thing unless you leave that blank (it's been a little while), if you wanted you could have them walk around with just up stairway if you didn't want to edit it with twbt.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14